ADVERTISEMENT

“The 5 Portal Players to Save Cal’s Job”

Why? Nike wants the best kids to go to Duke. Again another screw up by ccc snubbing a Nike sponsored tournament.
It really seems like Calipari hates having allies. He literally has no relationships with any boosters at UK, the AD, the fans, the media, Nike, and a ton of old associates. It’s strange.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Cal could be gifted with the top 8 best players in the NCAA Division I - go ahead Cal, take the 8 best players from any team in the country, right now! They're yours! - and still flop.

And besides, Cal isn't likely to get any of them because he lets his current players take weeks to decide if they want to try the draft. By this time, these 5 veterans will be long gone.
Plus, every sports "jouralist", fan, and player in the country knows Cal did a terrible job this year
and the fans wanted him fired. So he isn't getting any top tier transfers.

That's a bit much.

Our bigs were downright terrible.
Z was one of the most efficient players on the team.

We had three 7 footers. Maturity. Best shooting team in school history. Freshmen. Potential top pick. Athletic.

In today's game, that's as perfect as rosters get.

Doesn’t matter who we get he still won’t play the best five together he will still set superstars down with two fouls. He still won’t have a zone defense to go to. He still won’t be able to defend the pick and roll. He still won’t use his timeout wisely we just got put on a one-year probation.

Reactions: HeismaNole
Would you be shocked to learn that I don’t want to “save Cal’s job”?

I don’t want another season that’s just good enough to earn another season after that. I’m sick and tired of the Calipari era. Over 15 years is way more than a long enough run. This program dearly needs a fresh start on a new era with a new voice of the program.

This is supposed to be Kentucky’s basketball program, not the Calipari program. I feel like a lot of people have lost sight of that fact.
Amen. And we have lost sight of that. The entire brand has become just Cal and NBA guys. None of the other blue bloods have this issue. Their program is the brand. Here it’s Calipari U.

and whatever happened to this guy bouncing after 10 years?

Reactions: UK90
Every thread for the foreseeable future in going to be "an airing of grievances"

It’s going to be a Big Blue Festivus until further notice.

Gonna read the same thing on here over and over and over.

Cliff Omoruyi from Rutgers is in the portal. 6"11 Nigerian who was a UK lean out of Roselle Catholic (New Jersey), and he even stated the kiss of death, "UK was his dream school". He was named to the 1st team All BIG conference defensive team in 23 and 24. Has played 4 years at Rutgers in a big time conference. Averaged 10.4 and 8.3 with 3 blocks per game last year, and averaged 13.2 and 9.6 his JR. year, 11.9 and 7.8 his sophomore year. That is 3 very good years playing in a very physical conference and more than held his own. Competition doesn't bother him, he has done it on a very big stage, and a proven big for 3 years. Has 1 year left, would be a fifth year grad player, very mature.
Omoruyi would be a very nice addition. Especially if we lose Z.

Cal could be gifted with the top 8 best players in the NCAA Division I - go ahead Cal, take the 8 best players from any team in the country, right now! They're yours! - and still flop.

And besides, Cal isn't likely to get any of them because he lets his current players take weeks to decide if they want to try the draft. By this time, these 5 veterans will be long gone.

The gold standard recipe for success right there.

Every thread for the foreseeable future in going to be "an airing of grievances"

It’s going to be a Big Blue Festivus until further notice.

Gonna read the same thing on here over and over and over.

Until either

a) Cal is gone

Or

b) we start winning and being "Kentucky" good again.

It's not rocket science.

Reactions: Rockford
It's hard to be excited right now.. Cal tells us we are built for March but played and went home first game in both tournaments. Now we check this board a 100 times a day for reasons that don't make a bit of difference in the overall direction we a heading. We are a walking dead program with no leadership and if Louisville wasn't in the gutter we be at the same table.

Omoruyi would be a very nice addition. Especially if we lose Z.
Even if we do not lose Z, we will need him. He is an enforcer and a true rim protector / rebounding machine. He has proven he is physical and done so against players in a very physical conference. We do NOT have that in any of the bigs from last year. Rebounding blocked shots killed us this year, Omoruyi would be a fix to that, plus he can bully his way around the rim inside and get buckets and put backs.

Exactly he could have had the guys from Alabama and Tennessee but waited too long!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT