ADVERTISEMENT

“The 5 Portal Players to Save Cal’s Job”

Cal could be gifted with the top 8 best players in the NCAA Division I - go ahead Cal, take the 8 best players from any team in the country, right now! They're yours! - and still flop.

And besides, Cal isn't likely to get any of them because he lets his current players take weeks to decide if they want to try the draft. By this time, these 5 veterans will be long gone.

Cal could be gifted with the top 8 best players in the NCAA Division I - go ahead Cal, take the 8 best players from any team in the country, right now! They're yours! - and still flop.

And besides, Cal isn't likely to get any of them because he lets his current players take weeks to decide if they want to try the draft. By this time, these 5 veterans will be long gone.
I think he could win with that if he didn't have any freshmen he needed to prop up. His priorities are whacked more than his coaching ability has tanked. I think he knows what to do to win but he chooses to play to maximize exposure of his freshmen over that.

I think he could win with that if he didn't have any freshmen he needed to prop up. His priorities are whacked more than his coaching ability has tanked. I think he knows what to do to win but he chooses to play to maximize exposure of his freshmen over that.
Fair point, but would he then move to maximize exposure of the veterans that have the best draft prospectus, even though they might not be the best players on the floor?

Fair point, but would he then move to maximize exposure of the veterans that have the best draft prospectus, even though they might not be the best players on the floor?
I mean if he just stopped with the whack priorities in general I think he could win at a good clip. Given the best players in the country he'd probably win a chip.

Reactions: TheDude73
Are the 5 players John Wall, Devin Booker, Julius Randle, Karl Anthony Towns, and Anthony Davis? If not, it won't be enough. Even if that was the team I'm not confident Calipari would figure out how to play them. Would probably bench half of them for Wheeler because he made promises.

What a stupid article. COULD transfer. Sheppard, Wagner, Dillingham, Z, etc... all COULD come back next year. That article is about as stupid as that comment. If everyone who is eligible comes back, those MAYBE transfers would not have room on the roster. If "Ifs and buts where candy and nuts, we would all have a Merry Christmas". That is what comes to mind seeing these kind of articles.

Any good shot blockers in the portal? We need a WCS clone since we will always play m2m.
Cliff Omoruyi from Rutgers is in the portal. 6"11 Nigerian who was a UK lean out of Roselle Catholic (New Jersey), and he even stated the kiss of death, "UK was his dream school". He was named to the 1st team All BIG conference defensive team in 23 and 24. Has played 4 years at Rutgers in a big time conference. Averaged 10.4 and 8.3 with 3 blocks per game last year, and averaged 13.2 and 9.6 his JR. year, 11.9 and 7.8 his sophomore year. That is 3 very good years playing in a very physical conference and more than held his own. Competition doesn't bother him, he has done it on a very big stage, and a proven big for 3 years. Has 1 year left, would be a fifth year grad player, very mature.

I watched Sarr go from a stud at Wake Forest to not being able to find his ass with both hands and an anatomy map while being coached by Cal at UK. The step up in competition between the SEC and ACC isn't great enough to explain such a big drop off.

The word is out folks. Cal kills careers. We will be lucky to get transfers, much less the best of the best.

I watched Sarr go from a stud at Wake Forest to not being able to find his ass with both hands and an anatomy map while being coached by Cal at UK. The step up in competition between the SEC and ACC isn't great enough to explain such a big drop off.

The word is out folks. Cal kills careers. We will be lucky to get transfers, much less the best of the best.
Reports also out that the recent NIL news is hurting recruiting.

Doesn't matter who he has if he plays favorites. The fact he refused to start Reed and Rob is a dereliction of duty and should be cause to have all contracts null and void.

People underrate the Nike politics with DJ. That’s really the only reason he kept starting.

Would you be shocked to learn that I don’t want to “save Cal’s job”?

I don’t want another season that’s just good enough to earn another season after that. I’m sick and tired of the Calipari era. Over 15 years is way more than a long enough run. This program dearly needs a fresh start on a new era with a new voice of the program.

This is supposed to be Kentucky’s basketball program, not the Calipari program. I feel like a lot of people have lost sight of that fact.

Doesn't matter who he has if he plays favorites. The fact he refused to start Reed and Rob is a dereliction of duty and should be cause to have all contracts null and void.
Exactly, it is reason to fire him for cause . He deliberately did not play the best players in order to help his NBA pets . He did not meet the duty of loyalty to his employer .

Reactions: bnewt
There are many, many issues with Cal, but at the heart of them all is he doesn't understand modern basketball. He had a team built to play modern basketball fall into his lap in November this year due to a crazy domino effect of circumstances. He achieved great results with them, and immediately threw it in the trash the first chance he had.

That is just on the offensive side of the ball, don't even get me started on defense...

Yes. Cal has to go BUY himself a team !!
It’s BUY or DIE !!!

Maybe College players should wear their NIL supporters on their uniforms. Product placement, just like NASCAR drivers... 😎

Last edited:
Roster isn't the biggest part. He had the perfect current day roster this last year and still blew it. He absolutely must lose the complacency and coach to win games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT