ADVERTISEMENT

“It’s just a small minority of RR posters that are sick of Cal”

Same here, the bad part is I have to put up with all of the crap from my non UK friends and since I live in Alabama the sound is deafening from AU and Bama fans.
Weird thing is, my buddies that used to rag on me after a UK loss, it’s not as fun for them anymore so they don’t do it.

• Sad
Reactions: Fox2monk
We saw it with the last two coaches. I remember the Billy G followers who were shaming everyone for running him off (before Cal was named coach) and justifying his recruiting.

I think it’s evident this job really is a 10 year job.
I agree, we should sign coach’s up for a 4 year deal, if it works give them another 4. If it still works give them a 4 year deal with an opt out after the 2nd year.

Reactions: ukjenning44
I agree, we should sign coach’s up for a 4 year deal, if it works give them another 4. If it still works give them a 4 year deal with an opt out after the 2nd year.
Wish we could do a contract on performance based terms. You do well you get paid well. You do poorly you get paid a lot less. Of course most coaches want the guaranteed money where they can do poorly and still get paid well.

When he stopped caring about wins and championships that should have been grounds for termination. He's not doing what he was paid to do. He's not here to make millionaires. He's here to win games and championships. The team's success will lead to the players' success. We're not here to just be an NBA farm team.

1Catmantoo
Cardsstink
Dubya C Dubya
BallerCal
Blue Tsunami
MdWildcats55
I can understand fans saying they support Cal because he's part of the Kentucky BB family. But it makes no sense to me why some fans continue to unconditionally support him when things are going bad. Are these people some of Cal's immediate family?

Calipari is a part of the UK basketball, he's not the entire program. Kentucky will still be around long after he is gone.

Wish we could do a contract on performance based terms. You do well you get paid well. You do poorly you get paid a lot less. Of course most coaches want the guaranteed money where they can do poorly and still get paid well.

When he stopped caring about wins and championships that should have been grounds for termination. He's not doing what he was paid to do. He's not here to make millionaires. He's here to win games and championships. The team's success will lead to the players' success. We're not here to just be an NBA farm team.
I agree 100% too bad the market has long held coaches to get paid and buyouts for being terrible.

Reactions: KyCatFan
I’m more concerned with my son’s 5th grade Parks and Rec team. They are 3-0. The coaches are doing a great job and the kids are improving.

I’ve got a classic/southern rock band that I am in. It’s a lot of fun.

There’s just more to life than UK basketball. I didn’t even watch the game yesterday because I had better things to do.

I think I am a pretty typical UK fan now. If they win, great. If they lose, it’s no big deal.

Aren’t we all just a little numb to it all now?

Apathy has set in for sure.

I’m more concerned with my son’s 5th grade Parks and Rec team. They are 3-0. The coaches are doing a great job and the kids are improving.

I’ve got a classic/southern rock band that I am in. It’s a lot of fun.

There’s just more to life than UK basketball. I didn’t even watch the game yesterday because I had better things to do.

I think I am a pretty typical UK fan now. If they win, great. If they lose, it’s no big deal.

Aren’t we all just a little numb to it all now?

Apathy has set in for sure.
Naw, you’re still diehard.

We are just stuck with him. Him and the AD, we are stuck with it. They can keep being lazy here.

This is a good point. We’re the diehards and you can see the apathy even here. Long time posters go missing weekly.
I don't like it either, but this whole debacle falls on the shoulders of UK's AD.
I can gripe all I want and I guarantee that it doesn't take one red cent out of UK's pockets.
What causes a coach to be replaced?
Well, if you have a George Steinbrenner type AD, you put a winning product on the field and you hire the right people.
But Steinbrenner, Mitch ain't.
Till deep pocket boosters, sponsors, premium seat fans put the pressure on, I expect little change .
Money talks louder than any verbage.
I too miss those days when although there were long periods between c'ships, at least we presented a competitive product most years.
Merry Christmas!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT