ADVERTISEMENT

‘22 Adou Thiero on campus for his OV

Triple C hasn’t won anything with the guys on the list that came on during his tenure. That’s the issue. He can’t win with players that don’t have 5 stars next to their name and he needs at least 7 five star guys then it’s a crap shoot.

Holloway took his 0 and 1 stars and beat Cal and his 4 and 5 stars.
I triple c a Louisville fan. I just realized 2017 we should have a had a final four and 2019 we were in a ot game close to final four. I'm not happy with results but the whole nickname shit has grown tiresome.

Reactions: Deli owl
The article I read said he has grown 10 inches since starting HS. He was 5’7 as a Freshman. That’s just crazy.
Here he is in 2020. Probably around 5-9 ish. One of the reasons I like his upside. He was a PG before growing into a good size forward. Now, look at his hand size in the second training video. Huge.

I pulled all of that straight off of sports reference. Guys all outside Rsci Top 100.

Just saying I literally searched everyone of them off 24/7 and all the four stars are correct but all the 3 stars were outside the top 100 though. Thiero is nowhere near rated as highly as most of those guys. Not saying he won’t be good, but it seems like he’s a very late bloomer and nobody knows a thing about him. Could be a gem or could be a practice guy only.

Here he is in 2020. Probably around 5-9 ish. One of the reasons I like his upside. He was a PG before growing into a good size forward. Now, look at his hand size in the second training video. Huge.

Great thing about those huge growth spurts is when they were smaller, and couldn’t rely on their frame or athleticism to play at a high level, they really learned how to play the game. The growth spurt turned them into the elite players later on. I hope he’s just like that but always love guys who were guards that develop into a big 3/4 that can really play.

Last edited:
I never heard of the kid. What level player is he?
Not seen anything other than highlights but liked what I saw.

He's a combo guard but like that he's grown from 5'11 to 6'5/6'6 and carried his team to state runner up against a great Neumann Goretti team/program. Avg 23 ppg, 10 rpg, 6 apg, 4 spg and 2 bpg. Went from being 5'11 as a Soph to 6'5 his SR year and comes from same AAU program as Nate Sestina and Cam/Puff Johnson--injury is why he didn't play AAU last Summer. We all know about his dad playing for Cal at Memphis but his mom was drafted in WNBA too so good bloodlines, and just really would like to see him come in--these are the type of gambles to take in Spring and see how a guy stacks up. Specifically if you have scholarships available and UK does.

Great thing about those huge growth spurts is when the were smaller and couldn’t rely on their frame or athleticism to play at a high level they really learned how to play the game. The growth spurt turned them into the elite players later on. I hope he’s just like that but always love guys who were guards that develop into a big 3/4 that can really play.
This.
He also still looks very youngish, like he might grow another inch or so.

Reactions: Fox2monk

He's a combo guard but like that he's grown from 5'11 to 6'5/6'6 and carried his team to state runner up against a great Neumann Goretti team/program. Avg 23 ppg, 10 rpg, 6 apg, 4 spg and 2 bpg. Went from being 5'11 as a Soph to 6'5 his SR year and comes from same AAU program as Nate Sestina and Cam/Puff Johnson--injury is why he didn't play AAU last Summer. We all know about his dad playing for Cal at Memphis but his mom was drafted in WNBA too so good bloodlines, and just really would like to see him come in--these are the type of gambles to take in Spring and see how a guy stacks up. Specifically if you have scholarships available and UK does.
The other nice thing about him is he has a dad who fully knows how Cal operates and can tell him what to expect and how to handle frustration.

Awesome thanks, I’d love to hear some comparisons on his game and what people who have seen him think what kind of player he could be. Is he a guy that couple develop over a year or two and be a high level starter, or maybe even an NBA prospect after 2-3 years? Is his ceiling a good rotational player for 4 years and then is done outside maybe an overseas deal? Just kinda wanna know expectations for him. Like Canada just a practice guy that Cal took because of his parents or actually worth the spot?

The other nice thing about him is he has a dad who fully knows how Cal operates and can tell him what to expect and how to handle frustration.
True that, I’d love to get some guys that are Hopkins level recruits who know they need a couple years to develop. They will eventually be a great piece and actually stay and work hard like the originally say. I like the mix of players but for it to work we need to bring back the majority of guys who don’t go pro to have stability in the program. We seem to have done that this year outside keeping Hopkins. Getting TyTy for year W would have been great as well, I hoped NIL would keep a guy like him but somehow he’s still rated lottery which I think is a tad high but that could just be injuries at the end of the year. I’m Janurary/February he looked legit.

Reactions: Smashcat
I triple c a Louisville fan. I just realized 2017 we should have a had a final four and 2019 we were in a ot game close to final four. I'm not happy with results but the whole nickname shit has grown tiresome.
Calling UK fans “Basketball Bennies” has grown more tiresome.
So has “I haven’t seen him” “tweak” “Swaggy Cal” “we eat first” “we’re the gold standard”

Out of all of those “Triple C” is the most truthful one because the man has proven time and again that he can’t coach!

Reactions: dl51344 and bnewt
So has “I haven’t seen him” “tweak” “Swaggy Cal” “we eat first” “we’re the gold standard”

Out of all of those “Triple C” is the most truthful one because the man has proven time and again that he can’t coach!
In 11 years he has taken us at least to the elite 8 I think 7 times. I don't listen to cal speak so I'm not offended. I know we could get worse though I will say if he don't get it done this year with Oscar I hope he decides to leave.

Last edited:
In 11 years he has taken us at least to the elite 8. I don't listen to cal speak so I'm not offended. I know we could get worse though I will say if he don't get it done this year with Oscar I hope he decides to leave.
Anyone outside of BCG could do just as good as he has done the past 7 years. Many much better.
He couldn’t get it done with Oscar last season and he won’t get it done with him this season. He will not be able to overwhelm other teams with talent.
You’ve got to be a good X’s and O’s Coach in todays game with top recruits going wherever now. Arkansas has 3 McD’s AA’s, Bama 2, and we have 2 Coming in.

Reactions: dl51344

He cannot coach but somehow he managed to win all those games and make 6 Final Fours and win a title.

I am ready for him to move on as I think he has lost the eye of the Tiger and is never going to win another title here (and if that is the case, just wasting time to start rebuilding under the next guy), but the cannot coach narrative is tiresome as well.

Reactions: G-PIP
He cannot coach but somehow he managed to win all those games and make 6 Final Fours and win a title.

I am ready for him to move on as I think he has lost the eye of the Tiger and is never going to win another title here (and if that is the case, just wasting time to start rebuilding under the next guy), but the cannot coach narrative is tiresome as well.
He out talented everyone else.
He should have a minimum of three NC’s with the talent that’s rolled through here.

Reactions: dl51344 and bnewt

I wouldn't even know any of those phrases if idiot trolls like you didn't bring them up.
The only people I've ever known to eat first is people at school that rode the short school bus. I assume you can relate because you bring it up so much.
You're like an ugly woman who is mad that they're ugly.
KICK ROCKS TROLL!!

Bitch, whine, complain, bitch, whine, complain. Another butt-hurt, pessimistic, fair weather fan. We don’t need any more fans like you. We have too many already.
That's why we all are so thankful that ... we have you, Catmantoo.

Just saying I literally searched everyone of them off 24/7 and all the four stars are correct but all the 3 stars were outside the top 100 though. Thiero is nowhere near rated as highly as most of those guys. Not saying he won’t be good, but it seems like he’s a very late bloomer and nobody knows a thing about him. Could be a gem or could be a practice guy only.
Another view of the stars thing and rankings. He could be ranked in the top 20 and plays like DJ Boston.

Another view of the stars thing and rankings. He could be ranked in the top 20 and plays like DJ Boston.
That is true but Boston actually looked ok in the league some parts of the year, didn’t follow how he progressed but early on he did well. But yes he sucked in college. I think with another year he would have been a lot better but he already had one foot out the door like many.

Reactions: otis-gip
With no stars there should zero expectations. lol
I look at Thiero as a Erik Daniels type recruit who UK found late. He had a low ranking. I think maybe Michigan wanted him too but we got him and he surprised everybody by contributing immediately.
Thiero probably won't even get a chance to contribute as a frosh but it would be neat if he turned into a solid four year player.

Reactions: jace2012
Some of you guys are great.

"I'm sick of not having 4 year players."

"Ugh. This kid doesn't have enough stars by his name to be at Kentucky!!!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT