ADVERTISEMENT

Why on earth is KSR all basketball?...

MJ is not the problem. If his listeners were interested in croquet, he'd be talking about croquet. The problem is the "average" Ky fan is more bball oriented than Football oriented. As has been discussed earlier, only in Ky, indiana, nc, maybe Kansas would this be true. bball ranks well below other sports in most places. When/if we win at a high level in Football, MJ and everyone else will forget about bball until after The season is over.

I'm not saying more fans wouldn't become bigger on the football side of things, but I don't think you will ever get the BBN as a whole to stop caring about basketball on any level. They may root more for football, but I don't think this means they will want to know/talk less about basketball. And just because they care passionately about one doesn't mean they can't care passionately about the other. Too many on here have a "football vs basketball" mentality.

Reactions: SDcatfan13
Somewhere in these 80+ posts, someone hit it. When the University of Kentucky is able to routinely compete at the highest of college football, the people of Kentucky will support. The people of Kentucky are a funny bunch and can be a little fickle at times. The great thing about the people of Kentucky, they are a loyal bunch. Give them something to root for and you’ll see just how much they care for Kentucky Football!

I'd trade the 8 basketball battles for football one's in a heartbeat. Anyone who wouldn't really doesn't understand how this whole college sports thing works.

Can't take away 8 titles that we earned for a fantasy football title. See, in college sports you have to earn a national title. You can't just "trade" legit ones for a mythical one. Besides UK won the national title in football in 1950 so we already have one.. I'm shocked a football only fan like you would not have made note of that.

Can't take away 8 titles that we earned for a fantasy football title. See, in college sports you have to earn a national title. You can't just "trade" legit ones for a mythical one. Besides UK won the national title in football in 1950 so we already have one.. I'm shocked a football only fan like you would not have made note of that.
See, when I post hypotheticals for the sake of debate, they are just that, hypotheticals. Furthermore, when fans like you make rash suppositions that I'm a football only fan (false) it makes you look even more foolish. Simply because I didn't mention the 1950 Sagarin title doesn't mean I wasn't aware of it. I'm surprised such a renowned and learned scholar of all things wiseass wouldn't have made note of that. Thanks for filling me in that we can't actually trade them. Gee whiz, next you'll tell me water is wet and the sky is blue. When I say I would trade the 8 basketball titles and all our history for equivalent football accolades, it means just that. Clearly, you're one of those fans who doesn't get that outside the states of Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana, and North Carolina, college basketball only matters for a few weeks in March. Football on the other hand...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT