ADVERTISEMENT

Two incidents for same three players

shockme76 posted on 1/28/2015...

The only thing these guys should be punished for is going into a bar and drinking underage. Other than that, the guy deserved to get his ass kicked. He was looking for trouble and got it in the form of an epic beatdown that when he looks in the mirror from now on, will be a reminder of what happens when you choose to be a bully.

I don't think that anyone has reported that the UK guys were drinking underage yet either. I ain't saying they weren't but it hasn't been reported that they were either. I guess we are all just assuming that they were at a club/bar, so they were automatically all drinking and drunk.

The only thing anyone has accused them of is fighting, and the rumor from the girlfriend of a bouncer who says that one of the UK players hit the EKU player with a bottle. Which until they examine the video, if any exists, all of this is unsubstantiated hearsay.

Originally posted by Cawood86:
Originally posted by C.W.1:
Cawood, you've said a lot about the conduct of UK players. However, numerous posters have mentioned what the EKU player had tweeted in the past and you don't even acknowledge that. The EKU player has a clear history of starting trouble with UK players. A history he's apparently completely unashamed about. And you never mention that and how it's an indication of who started this whole incident.
You are right. It appears he has a history and is braggy about it. So if you know this, why go there and take a chance on getting in an incident? Countless bars in Lex.

I'm not excusing the EKU player at all. At all. If EKU players came to a Lex bar and the incident happened the other way, would you be ok with it? If Barker were the one with the cuts and broken facial bones, would you say it was ok because he had tweeted things in the past? If Barker started it, you'd be ok with him being beaten badly?

I'm not wanting them publicly executed, far from it. I have a son their age. But, you can't brush it off either just because they are talented players. You gotta know when you are a high level D1 college player and you play for UK, you just can't be involved in these types of things. Don't put yourself in these kinds of situations.
OK so if you are a parent you need to learn to get all the facts straight before you start shooting off your mouth about what ought to be done to other people's kids.

Kid started a fight and lost. Now him and daddy are butt hurt. I went to EKU for a year before I join the military and the football team hates UK. They get super butt hurt over people wearing UK gear on campus and it's not uncommon for them to start fights just to start fights at parties with their own students.

Bottom line... anyone drawing conclusions, one way or the other, based on currently available evidence, is a dumbass.

Originally posted by dorkmeister:
I heard Barker went to EKU after the bar fight and got in another fight. Is this true?
So you're seriously trying to confirm a rumor you heard on a message board? Or just trying to spread one?

This post was edited on 1/28 7:42 PM by C.W.1

The info about him going back to EKU has been posted on other forums and tweeted by many others. All I am asking is if it is a lie or confirmed. Trust me, it's not my rumor. It's all over the place.

Sorry for the sarcasm dorkmeister. I'm just really tired of all this. If it's all over the internet, it doesn't seem like one more anonymous person responding to you and posting about it either confirms it or disproves it. I don't see how it helps UK to continue to post unsubstantiated rumors and ask for more unsubstantiated confirmation/denial of the same. Apparently, there is a video of what happened with Colton Scurry. Before he blocked his twitter account, Mr. Scurry's own twitter page confirmed that he is a most unsympathetic "victim" and questions should be asked of EKU why he had not, apparently, been disciplined for his admissions.

Originally posted by DACats86:
Where these posters coming from? Some of you all need to get on back to Rupp's Rafters and worry about the relationship between Devin Booker and his dad...
So you are the board monitor? I post here and other ones as well. I don't care if you like it or don't. I don't need your permission. What gives you the right to tell a poster where they can post?

I'm not worried one iota if you agree with me or not. Internet tough guy telling other where and when they can post. How laughable.

Originally posted by Oldtrainer:
Was fight caught on bars camera?

This post was edited on 1/28 5:45 PM by Oldtrainer
Don't you remember the story about the EIGHT TU thugs in Knoxville that assaulted TWO men in separate incidents, kicking both while they were down and sending one to the hospital with a concussion? If you have, sorry, but a lot of the "new" fans on here for this dirt probably haven't, you don't have to read about it again.

The Knoxville Police Dept OIC of the investigation "forgot" to ask for the tapes that night, and lo and behold, they weren't any good when he picked them up in the morning. I'm not sure of this but I believe most bars are required to have cameras installed, but then those tapes were probably quite valuable to Coach Dooley and probably several wealthy supporters.

While any place in Kentucky usually has UK fans, this was "enemy territory" in a way, so we will have to see what shows up on the tapes-----if they exist. If they don't show up it probably means they showed the UK players in a favorable light.

But while two local men were charged with attempted murder when caught on tape kicking a man while down (and he didn't go to the hospital) no charges were filed in Knoxville, no one was sued, etc, but ONE of the eight got a one game suspension for the 52-0 cliffhanger against Tennessee Martin.

That'll lurn em durn em.

And yet another variation of the story emerges... Ole dude was wailing on his gf and the UK players stepped in to do the chivalrous thing...
Ok...got a link to this info?
Yes, I'm not prone to exaggeration and hyperbole on the Internet.
"Of course nothing has been proven yet, we are just sharing what our eye witness at the scene had to tell us today."

Wow. What a source you got there.....
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by BengalWACO:

Not a good sign. Nobody should be dogging anymore U of L players. This is just ugly and there is no way to spin this to make it look otherwise.

Stoops needs to bring the hammer if these guys are found to have severely beaten this kid. Barker, Baker and Dubose need to grow up. Suspend them several games or boot them. No place for this on your team regardless of their talent.
Cawood86, you are better than this. Please consider the facts to come out before emotionally slandering our own teams kids.
I don't think I slandered them. I said "if" they were found guilty. Seems people are over-looking what I said exactly. Some people just read or hear what they want. Not talking about you BengalWACO.

I guess I don't understand slander if that is slander.

Originally posted by JHB4UK:

Originally posted by BengalWACO:

Cawood86, you are better than this.
no, not by the sad demonstration put on this afternoon in posts
Did you read my original post? Did you read it carefully? Not trying to be a smart aleck, seriously asking.

My God, 10,555 posts and I have never ever noticed you on here before, maybe because you never add anything new.

I have a lot of fans that have given me a bad time and a lot of fans that I don't agree with, but you really don't even sound like a fan, I think I will find out how the ignore feature works for the very first time.

I would suggest everyone else on here quit wasting their time also, then maybe he will just go away.

Originally posted by TBCat:
Originally posted by Grumpyolddawg:
No idea what happened in this case, don't know anything about any of the kids involved, but like most young guys, a little alcohol and they become 10 feet tall and bullet proof. My guess is there was a bump, then some words were exchanged, then the push and then it was on. First of all the ones doing the serving weren't doing their job, then security wasn't on top of it, most likely flirting with co-eds. The fight went a little too far, one guy ended up hurt, which happens a lot in fights.

I think something Stoops needs to think about to avoid future trouble, because this guy will have friends looking for some revenge, is to put Richmond bars off limits for football players, it might even be a good idea for the AD to do it for all UK athletes for a while. Does Lexington not have bars students can go to or is getting in Lexington bars a little tougher than getting into Richmond bars when you are underaged? I don't think anyone should be given their walking papers over this, but I think he has to get their attention. In todays world I guess everyone should be glad no one was armed, because this could have been much worse.
Getting into Lexington bars is harder if you are under age. When I lived there we always went to Richmond as well. Nobody was every carded there. Didn't even have to waste time with fake IDs in Richmond.

Agreed on not booting them. Booting someone over this would be silly. They were definetly stupid here and hopefully will learn from it but if you boot every player on your team who gets into bar fights or plays with toy guns then you would have a team with about 3 or 4 players. All of them punters.
Been that way in Richmond and other small cities (Lebanon)... I was in clubs/Lebanon before I could drive...
EKU on a Thursday night was party... everyone left for the weekend at EKU

So, for some of you guys, if you mouth off to say a couple of UofL fans, and they then punch you repeatedly and crack you up side the head with a beer bottle....it's then YOUR fault. Right? Sorry, our legal system doesn't work that way.

Originally posted by jauk11:
My God, 10,555 posts and I have never ever noticed you on here before, maybe because you never add anything new.
10K posts, all on Raftards from a basketball-only fan who never posts on the football board until yesterday afternoon, when she/he wanted to spam with repeated posts about an off the field incident

Originally posted by OHIO COLONEL:
So, for some of you guys, if you mouth off to say a couple of UofL fans, and they then punch you repeatedly and crack you up side the head with a beer bottle....it's then YOUR fault. Right? Sorry, our legal system doesn't work that way.
You're proving the points of the very people you're criticizing. We don't know that the EKU guy was hit by a bottle. His complaint to the police makes no mention of a bottle so it appears that he was not hit by a bottle. I don' t think a single witness who has talked to the press has mentioned a bottle. And, yet, you eat your own and frame the facts in a light most unfavorable to the UK players just because a bottle has been talked about on message boards. We don't even know at this point whether he was truly beat up by all 3 or if one guy basically did it. We just don't know. What we do know is this guy has bragged and admitted in the past to starting trouble with UK players. We know that he bragged about throwing bottles at Nerlens Noel's car.

The people you're criticizing are merely pointing out what we know at this point.

This post was edited on 1/29 8:52 AM by C.W.1

This post was edited on 1/29 10:54 AM by C.W.1

10K posts, all on Raftards from a basketball-only fan who never posts on the football board until yesterday afternoon, when she/he wanted to spam with repeated posts about an off the field incident
I don't have to prove anything about when or where I post. You can read it or ignore it, I don't care. You guys sound like high schoolers with their little clicks.....
laugh.r191677.gif

At this point, it seems safe to assume there wasn't a weapon used. Otherwise it would have at least been included in the complainant's affidavit.

It worked, it worked!!

I clicked the ignore for the first time last night, but another post by the ignorant one still appeared, but when I clicked it again just now the post disappeared.

Try it, saves a lot of wasted time.

Some people here are questioning why they would go to Richmond to bars. My guess is you weren't a student at UK if you don't know that answer. Richmond always allowed 18 yrs old to enter (although can't drink) - not so in Lexington. This allows many freshman and sophomores an opportunity to go socialize in a bar setting. We always made road trips on Thursday to Richmond. Although this was 20+ years ago, so it may have changed, but this has always been part of the UK experience.

Closing off going to bars is not the answer - these are college kids. From the Courier Journal, this guy was the aggressor - if they defended theirselves (which it sounds like), I can't blame them.

I don't have to prove anything about when or where I post. You can read it or ignore it, I don't care. You guys sound like high schoolers with their little clicks.....
laugh.r191677.gif
I already put these guys on the ignore list, it makes reading and responding to posts much easier.

laugh.r191677.gif
Cliques

laugh.r191677.gif
Cliques
Grammar police too....you're a busy man.

Originally posted by Mr Brownstone:

Some people here are questioning why they would go to Richmond to bars. My guess is you weren't a student at UK if you don't know that answer. Richmond always allowed 18 yrs old to enter (although can't drink) - not so in Lexington. This allows many freshman and sophomores an opportunity to go socialize in a bar setting. We always made road trips on Thursday to Richmond. Although this was 20+ years ago, so it may have changed, but this has always been part of the UK experience.

Closing off going to bars is not the answer - these are college kids. From the Courier Journal, this guy was the aggressor - if they defended theirselves (which it sounds like), I can't blame them.
My son graduated from EKU last spring . He said unless they changed it this year , you gotta be 21 to get in any public bar in Richmond nowadays .

I really don't think Stoops and his staff are concerned with 19 year old players getting in bars, even if Richmond no longer allows 18 year olds in bars. We have to recruit against the top programs in the country and I doubt Alabama players are getting carded at Alabama bars. Part of the college experience is the social experience and drinking is part of that, like or not. Recruits go where players have fun. Pure and simple. Why are people concerned about this? 19 year olds have been getting in bars ever since I've been around.

Barker's friends go to EKU, reportedly. That's probably part of the reason they went there. When I went to UK, we went at times to EKU bars mainly because it was a change of scenario and there were a lot of attractive and friendly young women in Richmond. It had less to do with letting 18 year olds in.
This post was edited on 1/29 1:16 PM by C.W.1

Originally posted by C.W.1:
I really don't think Stoops and his staff are concerned with 19 year old players getting in bars, even if Richmond no longer allows 18 year olds in bars. We have to recruit against the top programs in the country and I doubt Alabama players are getting carded at Alabama bars. Part of the college experience is the social experience and drinking is part of that, like or not. Recruits go where players have fun. Pure and simple. Why are people concerned about this? 19 year olds have been getting in bars ever since I've been around.

Barker's friends go to EKU, reportedly. That's probably part of the reason they went there. When I went to UK, we went at times to EKU bars mainly because it was a change of scenario and there were a lot of attractive and friendly young women in Richmond. It had less to do with letting 18 year olds in.
This post was edited on 1/29 1:16 PM by C.W.1
Oh I agree , these incidents are nothing most college kids don't do . The worst part about it is the publicity .

Not a good sign. Nobody should be dogging anymore U of L players. This is just ugly and there is no way to spin this to make it look otherwise.

Stoops needs to bring the hammer if these guys are found to have severely beaten this kid. Barker, Baker and Dubose need to grow up. Suspend them several games or boot them. No place for this on your team regardless of their talent.
As usual another poster who speaks before knowing the whole story. Foot in mouth.o

Originally posted by Beavis606:
Did the OP cry and get the other thread deleted?
sad0017.r191677.gif

I like how he convicts them in the first sentence of this thread and then uses "if" in the second sentence. What a piece of (work).
Nope. I am so troubled though that a message board dude does not like a post of mine. Guess I'll head over to Clays Ferry bridge. You must be a jock sniffer though to be so upset about it. Maybe they'll let still hang out with them since you are such a good dangler.

question dude....why did you spam the thread that was already created on this subject with like 3 or 4 posts....and then decide to start a whole new thread on the same exact topic, where you say the same exact things?
Not sure what you mean by spam. I thought we were allowed to start threads here on a message board. I don't check the whole board before I post a subject. Not sure what I did wrong.
The main thing I see you doing wrong is being Judge , Jury and Executioner without knowing all the facts . I bet you watch Fox (news ) don't ya?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT