ADVERTISEMENT

Two incidents for same three players

The airsoft gun was ridiculous and really doesn't count imo. Due to the current times, Stoops had to ceremoniously suspend the players, else catch fire PR wise.

IF TRUE, this is a little different. Its the first strike, in a sense. But at the same time it shows incredibly poor judgment. One of your crew was shoved by a drunken loudmouth? Sure, if you have nothing to lose you can lay the guy out. Stomp him. Whatever. When youre major division 1 athletes, with at least 2 of the 3 having a chance at playing in the NFL - you walk away. No questions asked.

IF TRUE, my early predictions are that Baker is done. Just seems like hes been in the doghouse since early on, for whatever reason. Barker and Dubose each get a 3-6 game suspension. I just don't think Stoops cuts Barker loose; and for that reason keeps Dubose too (unless he was the one laying the wood). No info at all. Just a prediction.

Originally posted by Cawood86:

If this were a story that happened with UT, U of L , players you guys would be all over it, but since it's UK and a player that may be UK's next starting QB, it's no big deal.
To put it kindly, go have sexual relations with yourself

I'll say whatever the hell I want about UL, UT, Ohio players while taking up for those who have chosen to play football for my beloved University of Kentucky

you never posts on this board discussing the sport of football, today you show up to spam constantly this story to trash these 3 UK players and the UK program

Originally posted by truebluewildcat:

surrounded by their friends who will be witnesses...
Apparently his only friends there were a couple of chicks that didn't think it was bad enough to call EMS or police, instead they thought to just walk him home, even though he was unconscious at one point. That's what I'd do if my friend was laid out unconscious.

Cawood, you've said a lot about the conduct of UK players. However, numerous posters have mentioned what the EKU player had tweeted in the past and you don't even acknowledge that. The EKU player has a clear history of starting trouble with UK players. A history he's apparently completely unashamed about. And you never mention that and how it's an indication of who started this whole incident.

Originally posted by DACats86:

rolleyes.r191677.gif
Did you read the police report? Several stitches and staples. Broken cheek bone, orbital bone, and facial bones. Where there's smoke, there's fire man. Don't want this to be true either, but there is a lot of evidence that these three were involved again in another incident and this one is very bad.

Sorry, but you can't ignore this one.
Speaking of where there's smoke there's fire. Isn't this victim the same fine young man that for no reason threw rocks at Nerlens Noel's car. And then bragged about it. I'd say the guy's a punk and finally someone gave him what he asked for.

I'll reserve judgement until all the facts are on the table. However I think it's important all these young men to realize that they are celebrities in this state and that the public eye is constantly on them. Everything they do and every place they go someone is watching. They should be on their guard and be judicious about where they go and who they hang out with. Even if it turns out that they were just defending themselves, this might have been avoided by just realizing the potential of the situation ahead of time and staying clear.

No idea what happened in this case, don't know anything about any of the kids involved, but like most young guys, a little alcohol and they become 10 feet tall and bullet proof. My guess is there was a bump, then some words were exchanged, then the push and then it was on. First of all the ones doing the serving weren't doing their job, then security wasn't on top of it, most likely flirting with co-eds. The fight went a little too far, one guy ended up hurt, which happens a lot in fights.

I think something Stoops needs to think about to avoid future trouble, because this guy will have friends looking for some revenge, is to put Richmond bars off limits for football players, it might even be a good idea for the AD to do it for all UK athletes for a while. Does Lexington not have bars students can go to or is getting in Lexington bars a little tougher than getting into Richmond bars when you are underaged? I don't think anyone should be given their walking papers over this, but I think he has to get their attention. In todays world I guess everyone should be glad no one was armed, because this could have been much worse.

Cawood, you do realize that the report that you linked is complaint filed by Scurry, right? It's not a police report on the investigation, it is just one side of the story. Tim Sullivan (not someone that would be called an advocate or supporter of UK) has a story that paints a very different picture. As you have advised so many in this thread, read it.

A redneck bully finally got his ass whipped. That's it, that's the story.
Some of you are terrible.

Originally posted by UKRob 73:
A redneck bully finally got his ass whipped. That's it, that's the story.
Some of you are terrible.
And went crying home to daddy...

Originally posted by Grumpyolddawg:
No idea what happened in this case, don't know anything about any of the kids involved, but like most young guys, a little alcohol and they become 10 feet tall and bullet proof. My guess is there was a bump, then some words were exchanged, then the push and then it was on. First of all the ones doing the serving weren't doing their job, then security wasn't on top of it, most likely flirting with co-eds. The fight went a little too far, one guy ended up hurt, which happens a lot in fights.

I think something Stoops needs to think about to avoid future trouble, because this guy will have friends looking for some revenge, is to put Richmond bars off limits for football players, it might even be a good idea for the AD to do it for all UK athletes for a while. Does Lexington not have bars students can go to or is getting in Lexington bars a little tougher than getting into Richmond bars when you are underaged? I don't think anyone should be given their walking papers over this, but I think he has to get their attention. In todays world I guess everyone should be glad no one was armed, because this could have been much worse.
Getting into Lexington bars is harder if you are under age. When I lived there we always went to Richmond as well. Nobody was every carded there. Didn't even have to waste time with fake IDs in Richmond.

Agreed on not booting them. Booting someone over this would be silly. They were definetly stupid here and hopefully will learn from it but if you boot every player on your team who gets into bar fights or plays with toy guns then you would have a team with about 3 or 4 players. All of them punters.

Good points Grumpyolddawg.

On the alcohol making you 10 feet tall and bullet proof, I'm a big fan of Bourbon and I know from personal experience that Bourbon/whiskey makes it much worse than beer, vodka, etc. I noticed that the EKU student had a lot about whiskey on his twitter page. Whiskey, 12:30 a.m. and a 20 year old with the mentality that publicly brags about throwing beer bottles at cars is a very bad combination.

Originally posted by C.W.1:
Cawood, you've said a lot about the conduct of UK players. However, numerous posters have mentioned what the EKU player had tweeted in the past and you don't even acknowledge that. The EKU player has a clear history of starting trouble with UK players. A history he's apparently completely unashamed about. And you never mention that and how it's an indication of who started this whole incident.
You are right. It appears he has a history and is braggy about it. So if you know this, why go there and take a chance on getting in an incident? Countless bars in Lex.

I'm not excusing the EKU player at all. At all. If EKU players came to a Lex bar and the incident happened the other way, would you be ok with it? If Barker were the one with the cuts and broken facial bones, would you say it was ok because he had tweeted things in the past? If Barker started it, you'd be ok with him being beaten badly?

I'm not wanting them publicly executed, far from it. I have a son their age. But, you can't brush it off either just because they are talented players. You gotta know when you are a high level D1 college player and you play for UK, you just can't be involved in these types of things. Don't put yourself in these kinds of situations.

Originally posted by JHB4UK:

If this were a story that happened with UT, U of L , players you guys would be all over it, but since it's UK and a player that may be UK's next starting QB, it's no big deal.
To put it kindly, go have sexual relations with yourself

I'll say whatever the hell I want about UL, UT, Ohio players while taking up for those who have chosen to play football for my beloved University of Kentucky

you never posts on this board discussing the sport of football, today you show up to spam constantly this story to trash these 3 UK players and the UK program
You proved my point so well in the first part, thanks. Second part is a lie.

No idea if it is true or not but the story is that 18 year olds were allowed in the bars in Richmond (but not allowed to drink, LOL) before, not sure if that is still true or not.

Originally posted by C.W.1:
You are right. It appears he has a history and is braggy about it. So if you know this, why go there and take a chance on getting in an incident? Countless bars in Lex.

I'm not excusing the EKU player at all. At all. If EKU players came to a Lex bar and the incident happened the other way, would you be ok with it? If Barker were the one with the cuts and broken facial bones, would you say it was ok because he had tweeted things in the past? If Barker started it, you'd be ok with him being beaten badly?

I'm not wanting them publicly executed, far from it. I have a son their age. But, you can't brush it off either just because they are talented players. You gotta know when you are a high level D1 college player and you play for UK, you just can't be involved in these types of things. Don't put yourself in these kinds of situations.
While Stoops may want to make Richmond off limits, Barker had every right to go to Richmond. Apparently, he has some high school friends who go to EKU. I went to Richmond bars at times while I was a UK student. Nerlens Noel had every right to go to Richmond bars too. The alleged victim seems to be the only person who thinks UK players shouldn't be allowed at Richmond bars. I don't understand that mentality. When I was that age, I had plenty of friends who went to other schools. To this day, some of my best friends are UofL fans.

If Barker did what this EKU student, I would have zero sympathy for him. I don't find throwing bottles at a car for no reason other than you don't like UK to be a tolerable thing. You're talking about damaging a person's property merely because you're a redneck and then he bragged about it and left it on twitter for more than 2 years. If Drew Barker had done that, maybe he should be kicked off the team. Maybe EKU's coach should be asked about that.

I agree with you, however, that their judgment needs to be better. Walk away. Even if they're completely innocent, Barker or Baker could have their future careers severely damaged by a bar fight.

Cawood, you do realize that the report that you linked is complaint filed by Scurry, right? It's not a police report on the investigation, it is just one side of the story. Tim Sullivan (not someone that would be called an advocate or supporter of UK) has a story that paints a very different picture. As you have advised so many in this thread, read it.
I did read it and I realize the EKU kid had a huge anti-UK attitude. I don't doubt he recognized the UK players and probably started the whole deal. I am in no way saying that he didn't. I truly believe he probably did. Why put yourself in that situation?

Bud Dupree was at UK 4 years, don't remember him being involved in anything like this. Wesley Woodyard, Avery Williamson, Larry Warford, etc. Barker, Baker, and Dubose have been here a year and already two off the field issues. Red flags, and this one is very serious regardless of who started it.

And yet another variation of the story emerges... Ole dude was wailing on his gf and the UK players stepped in to do the chivalrous thing...

And yet another variation of the story emerges... Ole dude was wailing on his gf and the UK players stepped in to do the chivalrous thing...
Ok...got a link to this info?

The UK players came to the rescue of a damsel in distress. In my mind this is what happened.
wink.r191677.gif

What REALLY worries me is this is not the SECOND problem Barker has had . He was in a downtown Lexington bar with a fake ID and the manager called one of the coaches he knew to come and get him . Stoops was so mad he told Drew to pack his bags , go home for the weekend , and decide if he wanted to be a part of this team . This was told to me by a player currently red shirting and I know this kid and believe him . I realize some will give me hell over this , but it is what it is .

Not a good sign. Nobody should be dogging anymore U of L players. This is just ugly and there is no way to spin this to make it look otherwise.

Stoops needs to bring the hammer if these guys are found to have severely beaten this kid. Barker, Baker and Dubose need to grow up. Suspend them several games or boot them. No place for this on your team regardless of their talent.
Cawood86, you are better than this. Please consider the facts to come out before emotionally slandering our own teams kids.

Originally posted by BIGBLUEQ:

"On 01/25/2015, at approximately 5:00 P.M., a complainant reported to Richmond Police that he had been assaulted at a local bar by several male subjects.

"The complainant reported that he was at Jerzee's, 122 E. Main Street, at approximately 12:30 A.M. when he was grabbed by three to four males who began hitting the complainant repeatedly in the head. At one point the complainant reported losing consciousness. Following the assault, the complainant attempted to walk back to EKU, where he is a student. He was accompanied by two females who were attempting to aid him. Eventually an ambulance was summoned and the complainant was taken to Baptist Health hospital for treatment.

"The complainant reported that he suffered cuts under his right eye, above his left eye, and to his head that required closure by stitches or staples. He also suffered a broken nose and broken bones in and around his right cheek bone and orbital socket. The officer taking the report observed severe swelling and bruising to the complainant's face.

"The investigation is currently ongoing with interviews of witnesses being conducted and other evidence being analyzed. Once the investigation has been completed and the facts are fully established, the department will take the appropriate action with regard to the filing of charges against any person deemed to be culpable. Until that time, the department will have no further comment on the matter. "

[Herald-Leader]
Moral of this story is don't be an A-Hole and run your mouth, and you won't get your butt kicked in the process.
I agree on one hand, but on the other, violence shouldnt be a solution to words... Then again I am a Caucasian and supposedly EKU guy was a "redneck". Go ahead and connect the dots. In the situation those kids were in, I might of stomped a mud hole in his butt..

I would love see the silver lining in this.....however the one thing that is consistent in all the accounts is 3 guys whooping up on 1 guy...... As a man, that is never right no mater what the circumstances. I hate that for these kids......Decisions like this will haunt this kids from now on...

What a shame...

Ok...got a link to this info?
Yes, I'm not prone to exaggeration and hyperbole on the Internet.
"We learned from a separate anonymous source this afternoon that the bar fight involving EKU football player"

Really that's all you got?

Originally posted by jauk11:

No idea if it is true or not but the story is that 18 year olds were allowed in the bars in Richmond (but not allowed to drink, LOL) before, not sure if that is still true or not.
Back in the day, going to a dance club/bar in Richmond, if you were under age they put a stamp on your hand. So if you had the stamp on your hand, you couldn't buy booze. Didn't keep someone else from buying it for you, but you couldn't buy it. If you got caught drinking under age with the stamp on your hand though, they would escort you to the door.

Where these posters coming from? Some of you all need to get on back to Rupp's Rafters and worry about the relationship between Devin Booker and his dad...

Where these posters coming from? Some of you all need to get on back to Rupp's Rafters and worry about the relationship between Devin Booker and his dad...
"Say anything I don't like and you are automatically a basketball fan/know nothing about football/need to get out of here".

Is there another fan base (well, small segment of the fan base) that doesn't allow you to be a fan of both basketball and football? Serious question.

I am a fan of both, but many of the above posters placing blame on UK players rarely or never post on here. All I am saying is let's get the full story before we get the noose. There's a bit of a lynch mob mentality going on here and a few (new) posters that are fanning the flames.

This post was edited on 1/28 3:55 PM by DACats86

KentuckyRLD posted on 1/28/2015...

If these UK players are guilty then it is time to cut the cord and let them go their own way.

If they are guilty of what? Self defense, or defense of a friend who was being assaulted by a big mouthed EKU football player. Some of ya'll would boot the Pope from the Vatican for drinking wine, the way some of you judge some of these young men without all the facts.

This post was edited on 1/28 1:23 PM by BIGBLUEQ
3 on 1 is not self defense, unless he had a weapon. Instead, one of our guys used one

Originally posted by M4K3 it 8:

If these UK players are guilty then it is time to cut the cord and let them go their own way.

If they are guilty of what? Self defense, or defense of a friend who was being assaulted by a big mouthed EKU football player. Some of ya'll would boot the Pope from the Vatican for drinking wine, the way some of you judge some of these young men without all the facts.

3 on 1 is not self defense, unless he had a weapon. Instead, one of our guys used one
Where is it reported that anyone used anything other than their fists?

Originally posted by StillBlue83:

Just hear say but:

"My boyfriend's a bouncer there," Alex Carpenter, an EKU student told LEX 18. "He just said that it was 3 UK players who jumped one of our Eastern football players. And they broke a bottle over his face.

Originally posted by Free_Salato_Blue:

Just hear say but:

"My boyfriend's a bouncer there," Alex Carpenter, an EKU student told LEX 18. "He just said that it was 3 UK players who jumped one of our Eastern football players. And they broke a bottle over his face.
Do you notice this is a 2nd hand account of the story and the girl is clearly biased as she refers to it as "our Eastern football players".

If you look at the complaint the EKU guy made he never mentioned any type of weapon used.

The only thing these guys should be punished for is going into a bar and drinking underage. Other than that, the guy deserved to get his ass kicked. He was looking for trouble and got it in the form of an epic beatdown that when he looks in the mirror from now on, will be a reminder of what happens when you choose to be a bully.

Originally posted by Free_Salato_Blue:

Just hear say but:

Do you notice this is a 2nd hand account of the story and the girl is clearly biased as she refers to it as "our Eastern football players".

If you look at the complaint the EKU guy made he never mentioned any type of weapon used.
Sure an UK student or devote fan would say "OUR" player.

It's all "Hearsay" like much been said about both sides of the incident.
Till the police report is released with the bouncer and/or bar management's account. Course they may not want to say much with ABC likely paying them a visit.

This post was edited on 1/28 4:22 PM by Free_Salato_Blue

I am a fan of both, but many of the above posters placing blame on UK players rarely or never post on here. All I am saying is let's get the full story before we get the noose. There's a bit of a lynch mob mentality going on here and a few (new) posters that are fanning the flames.

This post was edited on 1/28 3:55 PM by DACats86
I fully agree with you about letting the facts come out. It looks bad for the UK boys but there's more to the story other than "drunk UK guys jump innocent EKU player". I want UK and its athletes to be looked at in the best manner and this looks bad no matter what, but I certainly don't want to throw blame around until all info is known. If at that time the UK guys were in the wrong, then they should be punished.

I am not going to judge until the facts come out, but, if a beer bottle was used in the assault then the person who used it should be kicked off the team immediately.

ADVERTISEMENT