ADVERTISEMENT

Two incidents for same three players

Cawood86

All-American
Feb 20, 2005
Not a good sign. Nobody should be dogging anymore U of L players. This is just ugly and there is no way to spin this to make it look otherwise.

Stoops needs to bring the hammer if these guys are found to have severely beaten this kid. Barker, Baker and Dubose need to grow up. Suspend them several games or boot them. No place for this on your team regardless of their talent.

rolleyes.r191677.gif

Originally posted by DACats86:

rolleyes.r191677.gif
Did you read the police report? Several stitches and staples. Broken cheek bone, orbital bone, and facial bones. Where there's smoke, there's fire man. Don't want this to be true either, but there is a lot of evidence that these three were involved again in another incident and this one is very bad.

Sorry, but you can't ignore this one.

Just read it - doesn't sound good - I would think if he had that many injuries, he would have stayed at hospital.
This post was edited on 1/28 11:47 AM by CATS1945

sure am glad you are not our coach. You would have hanged and quartered them by now. You don't seem to mention that it was the EKU player that initiated the fight.

Reactions: WhiteCityCat1
Let's let the coaches and the legal system sort this out before rushing to judgment.

Originally posted by Vonburns1:
sure am glad you are not our coach. You would have hanged and quartered them by now. You don't seem to mention that it was the EKU player that initiated the fight.

So if that was your kid they did that to, you would be ok with it? One incident may be just a dumb decision, two is a pattern. They could have killed that kid. I guess if they are talented it's ok to act this way. No thanks. You can tolerate that and act as if I'm being too harsh all you want.

There's no way to spin this in a way where these guys get off of this. A person(big mouth or whatever) is beaten badly by three UK football players and this was witnessed. They have better get their lawyers on the phone. Someone is going to jail, maybe all three. Boy, this smells awful.

Originally posted by 23jumpboy:

There's no way to spin this in a way where these guys get off of this. A person(big mouth or whatever) is beaten badly by three UK football players and this was witnessed. They have better get their lawyers on the phone. Someone is going to jail, maybe all three. Boy, this smells awful.
Yep. If they beat this kid, they should pay in whatever way the law says they should. Really disappointed that UK players were involved in this and certainly hope this kid heals up ok. Those were some serious injuries.

Air-soft toys incident is not a big deal. They are not designed to hurt anyone. This bar fight is the first strike against these guys and the only one that I care about is the guy who hit him with the bottle. According to reports, the EKU football player was an assh0le looking for trouble. You have a big O-lineman picking a fight against a QB & WR. Real tough guy who couldn't back up his talk.

Originally posted by Cawood86:
question dude....why did you spam the thread that was already created on this subject with like 3 or 4 posts....and then decide to start a whole new thread on the same exact topic, where you say the same exact things?

If they beat this kid they should be kicked off. We don't know the truth yet. UL goes out and gets players who do this stuff, we just happened to have them. Not saying its his fault by any means, but I had a buddy who just graduated from EKU who knew the kid and said he was known for this kind of stuff, and pretty much EKU athletes and UK athletes don't always get along in Richmond. Again not condoning what the players did, regardless who started it. They should set better examples especially if it is in fact the same involved with the air soft incident.

These three were involved with i) shooting an airsoft gun on campus and ii) being in a bar fight, with multiple parties saying the other kid started it.

Because of that, we're not suppsed to mention it when UofL takes a kid that, for example, was kicked off another team because he pointed a gun at and then punched his girlfriend?

That's a ridiculous standard. In that world, a DUI and jaywalking at the same....

What we don't know: what happened.

What we do know: the EKU student bragged on twitter about starting trouble with UK athletes. He bragged on twitter about throwing beer bottles 2 years ago at Nerlens Noel's car AND was never ashamed enough about that to take it off his twitter page for the next 2 years. His father is in the newspaper. I would like to ask him if he reads his son's twitter page?

"DSmith21 posted on 1/28/2015...

Air-soft toys incident is not a big deal. They are not designed to hurt anyone. This bar fight is the first strike against these guys and the only one that I care about is the guy who hit him with the bottle. According to reports, the EKU football player was an assh0le looking for trouble. You have a big O-lineman picking a fight against a QB & WR. Real tough guy who couldn't back up his talk.

^^ This exactly. Sounds like the EKU kid let his mouth write a check his arse couldn't cash to me. All you folks calling for the UK player's heads on a silver platter, all holier-than-thou, must be the best bunch of other-cheek-turners that have ever strolled the face of the earth, so blessed be the meek, ya'll shall inherit the earth.

Not a good sign. Nobody should be dogging anymore U of L players. This is just ugly and there is no way to spin this to make it look otherwise.

Stoops needs to bring the hammer if these guys are found to have severely beaten this kid. Barker, Baker and Dubose need to grow up. Suspend them several games or boot them. No place for this on your team regardless of their talent.
Way to support the team there pal...

Seriously, no charges brought yet and you are ready to dismiss these kids. I am sure you are a better judge of character than Stoops is, but I'll trust him to determine what punishment(if any) is required.

Now if all the facts come out and these players are cleared of any wrong doing are you gonna come back here and apologize to these kids?

Numerous witnesses say the EKU guy started it.

It only reinforces that statement when you see the guy openly admitted on Twitter to throwing beer bottles at Nerlens car two years ago. He's got a picture and everything.

Sounds to me like hes just got a thing for UK.

Originally posted by JHB4UK:

question dude....why did you spam the thread that was already created on this subject with like 3 or 4 posts....and then decide to start a whole new thread on the same exact topic, where you say the same exact things?
Not sure what you mean by spam. I thought we were allowed to start threads here on a message board. I don't check the whole board before I post a subject. Not sure what I did wrong.

Originally posted by StillBlue83:

Seriously, no charges brought yet and you are ready to dismiss these kids. I am sure you are a better judge of character than Stoops is, but I'll trust him to determine what punishment(if any) is required.

Now if all the facts come out and these players are cleared of any wrong doing are you gonna come back here and apologize to these kids?
I certainly will. it's not about supporting the team. This kid was beaten severely. This was not a fight. It was a beating. Then they allegedly drove to a dorm to do some more. Sounds bad man.

I trust Stoops as well. Will you come on here and say they should be suspended if found guilty?

two issues:

1) These guys are freshmen - they shouldn't be in the bar anyway
2) I know many believe the air gun incident isn't a big deal, but ask an officer what he would have done if he saw a guy pointing that gun at someone. It IS a stupid mistake.

I hope that it ends up that the EKU kid was the instigator; early reports are leaning that way. However, the Louisville media is running with it, calling for these guys to be removed before they get the facts. If they did jump the guy - it needs to be dealt with.

I guess what amazes me is that UK incidents are all over the media right away, but we don't find out the UL cheerleader DIED in a football players room until months later???

Every team has its discipline issues, but the double standard in media coverage blows me away.

"On 01/25/2015, at approximately 5:00 P.M., a complainant reported to Richmond Police that he had been assaulted at a local bar by several male subjects.

"The complainant reported that he was at Jerzee's, 122 E. Main Street, at approximately 12:30 A.M. when he was grabbed by three to four males who began hitting the complainant repeatedly in the head. At one point the complainant reported losing consciousness. Following the assault, the complainant attempted to walk back to EKU, where he is a student. He was accompanied by two females who were attempting to aid him. Eventually an ambulance was summoned and the complainant was taken to Baptist Health hospital for treatment.

"The complainant reported that he suffered cuts under his right eye, above his left eye, and to his head that required closure by stitches or staples. He also suffered a broken nose and broken bones in and around his right cheek bone and orbital socket. The officer taking the report observed severe swelling and bruising to the complainant's face.

"The investigation is currently ongoing with interviews of witnesses being conducted and other evidence being analyzed. Once the investigation has been completed and the facts are fully established, the department will take the appropriate action with regard to the filing of charges against any person deemed to be culpable. Until that time, the department will have no further comment on the matter. "

[Herald-Leader]

People seem to have trouble understanding that when a barfight happens somebody usually gets hurt, it's as if they're shocked and outraged by that. Strange.

"On 01/25/2015, at approximately 5:00 P.M., a complainant reported to Richmond Police that he had been assaulted at a local bar by several male subjects.

"The complainant reported that he was at Jerzee's, 122 E. Main Street, at approximately 12:30 A.M. when he was grabbed by three to four males who began hitting the complainant repeatedly in the head. At one point the complainant reported losing consciousness. Following the assault, the complainant attempted to walk back to EKU, where he is a student. He was accompanied by two females who were attempting to aid him. Eventually an ambulance was summoned and the complainant was taken to Baptist Health hospital for treatment.

"The complainant reported that he suffered cuts under his right eye, above his left eye, and to his head that required closure by stitches or staples. He also suffered a broken nose and broken bones in and around his right cheek bone and orbital socket. The officer taking the report observed severe swelling and bruising to the complainant's face.

"The investigation is currently ongoing with interviews of witnesses being conducted and other evidence being analyzed. Once the investigation has been completed and the facts are fully established, the department will take the appropriate action with regard to the filing of charges against any person deemed to be culpable. Until that time, the department will have no further comment on the matter. "

[Herald-Leader]
Moral of this story is don't be an A-Hole and run your mouth, and you won't get your butt kicked in the process.

I certainly will. it's not about supporting the team. This kid was beaten severely. This was not a fight. It was a beating. Then they allegedly drove to a dorm to do some more. Sounds bad man.

I trust Stoops as well. Will you come on here and say they should be suspended if found guilty?
You and I have a different definition of "severely", if he was severely beaten then he wouldnt have walked out of the bar. He had a nasty cut under his eye, but lets be honest here, that could come from 1 good punch.

The EKU guy was not the victim in all of this, read up about him bragging about throwing beer bottles at Nerlens car, the witnesses saying that he was the one to start the whole thing. This might surprise you, but if you go to a bar, start challenging people and then push them, it may not end well for you.

KentuckyRLD posted on 1/28/2015...

If these UK players are guilty then it is time to cut the cord and let them go their own way.

If they are guilty of what? Self defense, or defense of a friend who was being assaulted by a big mouthed EKU football player. Some of ya'll would boot the Pope from the Vatican for drinking wine, the way some of you judge some of these young men without all the facts.

This post was edited on 1/28 1:23 PM by BIGBLUEQ

find it a little odd that no male friends walked him back to dorm. If he was in such bad shape, it would have seemed that some male friends would have helped him to the dorm.

Originally posted by StillBl

You and I have a different definition of "severely", if he was severely beaten then he wouldnt have walked out of the bar. He had a nasty cut under his eye, but lets be honest here, that could come from 1 good punch.

The EKU guy was not the victim in all of this, read up about him bragging about throwing beer bottles at Nerlens car, the witnesses saying that he was the one to start the whole thing. This might surprise you, but if you go to a bar, start challenging people and then push them, it may not end well for you.
He had more than a nasty cut under his eye. Read what the police report said his injuries were.

Originally posted by KentuckyRLD:
If these UK players are guilty then it is time to cut the cord and let them go their own way.
uh no, beating up an asshole who starts crap is hardly a reason to cut guys. Have some in house punishment and set some guidelines for where they can and can't be.

If this were a story that happened with UT, U of L , players you guys would be all over it, but since it's UK and a player that may be UK's next starting QB, it's no big deal.

Did it occur to those of you who are over reacting that stories in the news are mostly over sensationalized?

The crazy picture you've painted in your head is based on your own morales and life experiences. There are many different interpretations of what happened with the truth falling somewhere in the middle. you need to control your emotions and try not to over react.

Originally posted by DSmith21:
I have no wish to have a winning team at the expense of a bunch of thugs on campus. And I was adamantly opposed (and posted it several times) to a sleazeball coaching our YOUNG players, but he was plenty good enough for UL, in fact I am not at all sure he wasn't BETTER than having hurtt heading up your recruiting, and you have to wonder about Slick Rick.

TU got away with EIGHT thugs kicking TWO men in the head while down and sent at least one of them to the hospital with a concussion, and ONE player was suspended for the 52-0 laugher against Tennessee Martin, whoopee. That event was MORE heinous than ONE of these players losing control against a much bigger player and hitting him with a bottle, IF that is what happened. And IF that is what happened then I am pretty sure that ONE player is gone, and probably to a prison for a good while------and I can agree with that, did the other players have a chance or time to stop that from happening, were the holding him while whoever picked out a bottle to hit him with, if that happened.

But overall I agree with the post above entirely, the pranks our high school kids pulled were much worse the prior prior incident these players were involved in, or most of us at one time or another. Let the first one of you without blemish throw the first stone, and if you have never done anything against the law (some are pretty stupid and just designed to bring in money) you are probably a pretty big pansy.

DSmith21 pretty much nailed it for me.

No idea what really happened since his story totally countered what the CJ got from witnesses there, so I guess it is best to let it work out and when Stoops comments, then we will know.

However, It is now an ESPN story which pisses me off.

Folks this is no matter to just poo poo off...

Unless it is definitively proven that those boys weren't even in Richmond, then I don't want here any attempt trying to excuse this kind of nonsense...

There are bars in Lexington. You don't need to roll to Richmond to have a good time and/or find a girl. Plenty of whores running around UK's campus just waiting to hop on a jock.

I don't care who started it, the only thing folks are going to read is that there are multiple UK players involved.

If you walk into a place and somebody starts talking some sh*t, roll out...don't be yapping back and forth with drunk people, especially when you're on their turf, surrounded by their friends who will be witnesses...that's just common sense...

We don't need kids taking the field against Auburn, UGA, Florida, UT, etc...

Lot of complaints of the years that we weren't mean enough. Make up your mind.....
smile.r191677.gif

too many inconsistencies in the dudes story! being in the bar is no big deal nor is the air soft pistols! but if they are charged it could be a felony and UK wouldnt have to cut them loose! but by all that i have read, seen and listened too, there is alot of incriminating evidence for the dude that got beat. several EKU students have said on record that he was the instigator and started pushing the UK students

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT