ADVERTISEMENT

Two incidents for same three players

Originally posted by WhiteCityCat1:
The main thing I see you doing wrong is being Judge , Jury and Executioner without knowing all the facts . I bet you watch Fox (news ) don't ya?
Fox News ... man we know you are in the Nancy Grace fan club.

funny-Nancy-Grace-screaming-argument.jpg

This post was edited on 2/7 4:10 PM by Free_Salato_Blue

Originally posted by robo222:

Originally posted by TBCat:

Originally posted by Grumpyolddawg:
No idea what happened in this case, don't know anything about any of the kids involved, but like most young guys, a little alcohol and they become 10 feet tall and bullet proof. My guess is there was a bump, then some words were exchanged, then the push and then it was on. First of all the ones doing the serving weren't doing their job, then security wasn't on top of it, most likely flirting with co-eds. The fight went a little too far, one guy ended up hurt, which happens a lot in fights.

I think something Stoops needs to think about to avoid future trouble, because this guy will have friends looking for some revenge, is to put Richmond bars off limits for football players, it might even be a good idea for the AD to do it for all UK athletes for a while. Does Lexington not have bars students can go to or is getting in Lexington bars a little tougher than getting into Richmond bars when you are underaged? I don't think anyone should be given their walking papers over this, but I think he has to get their attention. In todays world I guess everyone should be glad no one was armed, because this could have been much worse.
Getting into Lexington bars is harder if you are under age. When I lived there we always went to Richmond as well. Nobody was every carded there. Didn't even have to waste time with fake IDs in Richmond.

Agreed on not booting them. Booting someone over this would be silly. They were definetly stupid here and hopefully will learn from it but if you boot every player on your team who gets into bar fights or plays with toy guns then you would have a team with about 3 or 4 players. All of them punters.
Been that way in Richmond and other small cities (Lebanon)... I was in clubs/Lebanon before I could drive...
EKU on a Thursday night was party... everyone left for the weekend at EKU
Lebanon Kentucky was wide open. There was three bars that catered to young people and I do mean young people . There was high school Freshmen drinking there. There was three clubs that were wide open The Club 68 with a package store next door both owned by Lebanon Mayor Hylem George, The Horseshoe, and the Plantation Inn. The town was wide open and there was under aged kids from every college and high school in a 100 or so mile radius there.

They made a pretense of checking IDs when selling beer but most just bought hard stuff at the package store and used their high priced setups. The Horseshoe also had a no tell Motel annex. A lot of very young girls lost their virginity in Lebanon.

Originally posted by yoshukai:
Club 68 had some of the best bands in the state . I never understood how they got those bands .
They probably owned the package liquor store next door and were making lots of money both ways. Maybe the mayor owned them both, he probably owned the police, even more so than jurich, LOL.

Originally posted by jauk11:

Originally posted by yoshukai:
Club 68 had some of the best bands in the state . I never understood how they got those bands .
They probably owned the package liquor store next door and were making lots of money both ways. Maybe the mayor owned them both, he probably owned the police, even more so than jurich, LOL.
The package liquor store was owned by Mayor George who also owned the Club 68 night club. Lebanon in its day was a wild and wooly place. As you can imagine with all of those young people and all of that liquor there was some frequent bar fights but they had some bouncers that broke them up quickly. Things seldom got out of hand.

LOL, I was just guessing. I will bet that makes it very unlikely that the police came in and bothered the under age drinkers.

Originally posted by ukfan03:
As far as I'm concerned this is their 1st incident.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Same here. I couldn't care less about the air soft guns. Nobody was hurt and there was no intent to hurt anyone. Maybe the scared little girl that thought they were real and started the panic messed her panties but i don't really care.

Originally posted by Wildcatsworld:

Originally posted by ukfan03:
As far as I'm concerned this is their 1st incident.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Same here. I couldn't care less about the air soft guns. Nobody was hurt and there was no intent to hurt anyone. Maybe the scared little girl that thought they were real and started the panic messed her panties but i don't really care.
It is true that this was a harmless incident but walking around a college campus with realistic looking soft pellet guns is a terrible idea. Considering the proliferation of college shooting incidents blaming someone for getting nervous and calling the police is out of line. In this incident the people most at risk were the 3 young men. Police are jittery with all of the mass shootings and they could have been shot. This was a really stupid stunt. If police were not called and those turned out to be real guns and shooters bent on a massacre how stupid would it have been if no one had called the police. There is no getting around that this was poor judgment on the part of the three young men involved.

I definitely do not want these three young football players kicked off the team but they have shown poor judgment and need to grow up. If I was the coach I would be especially disappointed in Barker who is a team leader. IMO that will count against him in the competition for starting QB next year.

^sorry but I still don't care. Teenagers don't always think how others will react when they are looking to have fun, that is life, will be until the end of time. They were playing a game that teens are playing all over America right now as we type. They didn't point them or shoot them at anyone that wasn't playing the game, and there was no confrontation with police. I'm not blaming the idiot that thought they were real, just think they must be a real idiot and I just don't care.

^sorry but I still don't care. Teenagers don't always think how others will react when they are looking to have fun, that is life, will be until the end of time. They were playing a game that teens are playing all over America right now as we type. They didn't point them or shoot them at anyone that wasn't playing the game, and there was no confrontation with police. I'm not blaming the idiot that thought they were real, just think they must be a real idiot and I just don't care.
It is true that teenagers do reckless things. That is why a large number of them never grow up to be adults. Count me as one that you would class as an idiot. If saw three dudes packing what I thought were fire arms on campus I would call the police. The truth IMO is your way of thinking is much more idiotic than the person that called the police in this situation. Could it be that you are a teenager?

Originally posted by WhiteCityCat1:

Originally posted by Cawood86:

Originally posted by JHB4UK:

Originally posted by Cawood86:
question dude....why did you spam the thread that was already created on this subject with like 3 or 4 posts....and then decide to start a whole new thread on the same exact topic, where you say the same exact things?
Not sure what you mean by spam. I thought we were allowed to start threads here on a message board. I don't check the whole board before I post a subject. Not sure what I did wrong.
The main thing I see you doing wrong is being Judge , Jury and Executioner without knowing all the facts . I bet you watch Fox (news ) don't ya?
Is that you Brian Williams? Watch out for the RPG

Originally posted by C1180:
It is true that teenagers do reckless things. That is why a large number of them never grow up to be adults. Count me as one that you would class as an idiot. If saw three dudes packing what I thought were fire arms on campus I would call the police. The truth IMO is your way of thinking is much more idiotic than the person that called the police in this situation. Could it be that you are a teenager?
No, not a teenager. Could it be that you are a scared little girl that jumps to conclusions and can't rationally decipher situations based on what is actually happening? IE no loud bangs, bright orange tips, no blood, nobody on the ground, no shattered brick/glass/mortar, no painful screaming, etc.

Originally posted by Beavis606:
So now you are the one throwing out the same kinds of personal insults that you cried about yesterday?
roll.r191677.gif
It appears I was right....

[/I] No, not a teenager. Could it be that you are a scared little girl that jumps to conclusions and can't rationally decipher situations based on what is actually happening? IE no loud bangs, bright orange tips, no blood, nobody on the ground, no shattered brick/glass/mortar, no painful screaming, etc.
Someone falsely yells "Fire" in the movie theater. You seem to conclude everyone that ran out the fire exit is an idiot because they did not check for the smoke.

Originally posted by Free_Salato_Blue:
Someone falsely yells "Fire" in the movie theater. You seem to conclude everyone that ran out the fire exit is an idiot because they did not check for the smoke.
I didn't seem to conclude anything because you just gave a hypothetical that I don't even care to consider.

They were air soft guns and the witness was wrong. Fact.

The players made a youthful mistake, nobody was hurt and I just don't care.

Originally posted by Beavis606:
So now you are the one throwing out the same kinds of personal insults that you cried about yesterday?
roll.r191677.gif
Someone told me to get over myself and get a sense of humor

Originally posted by mtn cat1:

So tell me Cawood, do you believe a fat dog can flatulate??? How long are you going to harangue about this issue?
Probably until you all put him on ignore like I did long ago, my first ignore.

Did he say something?

Originally posted by mtn cat1:

So tell me Cawood, do you believe a fat dog can flatulate??? How long are you going to harangue about this issue?
probably as long as people keep asking me questions
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by DACats86:
Let's let the coaches and the legal system sort this out before rushing to judgment.
But how often do you and others take this stance when it's another team?

No idea what happened in this case, don't know anything about any of the kids involved, but like most young guys, a little alcohol and they become 10 feet tall and bullet proof. My guess is there was a bump, then some words were exchanged, then the push and then it was on. First of all the ones doing the serving weren't doing their job, then security wasn't on top of it, most likely flirting with co-eds. The fight went a little too far, one guy ended up hurt, which happens a lot in fights.

I think something Stoops needs to think about to avoid future trouble, because this guy will have friends looking for some revenge, is to put Richmond bars off limits for football players, it might even be a good idea for the AD to do it for all UK athletes for a while. Does Lexington not have bars students can go to or is getting in Lexington bars a little tougher than getting into Richmond bars when you are underaged? I don't think anyone should be given their walking papers over this, but I think he has to get their attention. In todays world I guess everyone should be glad no one was armed, because this could have been much worse.
Getting into Lexington bars is harder if you are under age. When I lived there we always went to Richmond as well. Nobody was every carded there. Didn't even have to waste time with fake IDs in Richmond.

Agreed on not booting them. Booting someone over this would be silly. They were definetly stupid here and hopefully will learn from it but if you boot every player on your team who gets into bar fights or plays with toy guns then you would have a team with about 3 or 4 players. All of them punters.
Been that way in Richmond and other small cities (Lebanon)... I was in clubs/Lebanon before I could drive...
Lebanon Kentucky was wide open. There was three bars that catered to young people and I do mean young people . There was high school Freshmen drinking there. There was three clubs that were wide open The Club 68 with a package store next door both owned by Lebanon Mayor Hylem George, The Horseshoe, and the Plantation Inn. The town was wide open and there was under aged kids from every college and high school in a 100 or so mile radius there.

They made a pretense of checking IDs when selling beer but most just bought hard stuff at the package store and used their high priced setups. The Horseshoe also had a no tell Motel annex. A lot of very young girls lost their virginity in Lebanon.
I went to all the Lebanon places.... Except the Plantation Inn... Where the hell was it and how did I miss it?... Was it called the Jane Todd at one time?.... If so yeah I remember... Anyway never had a bit of a problem in any bar... I keep my mouth shut and act civil... But don't we all know men who seem to be able to find a fight in about any place where there's alcohol? My neighbor was a fight magnet... Got floored on the dance floor at the 68 one night and never did find out who hit him... Got up looked at me and asked, "did you hit me"? :) TRUE, some REALLY good bands there... This topic makes for a much better... read.

No, not a teenager. Could it be that you are a scared little girl that jumps to conclusions and can't rationally decipher situations based on what is actually happening? IE no loud bangs, bright orange tips, no blood, nobody on the ground, no shattered brick/glass/mortar, no painful screaming, etc.
Could it be that you are not even old enough to be a teen . Maybe 11 or12 years old. I am an ex military combat medic and I don't think it is a good idea to wait for painful screaming, blood, and dead bodies on the ground before taking action. I have experienced such and think it is best to try to prevent such things happening.

I will weigh 3 foolish young UK football players being inconvenienced against a possible mass shooting and mass murder being prevented and the latter wins every time.

I went to all the Lebanon places.... Except the Plantation Inn... Where the hell was it and how did I miss it?... Was it called the Jane Todd at one time?.... If so yeah I remember... Anyway never had a bit of a problem in any bar... I keep my mouth shut and act civil... But don't we all know men who seem to be able to find a fight in about any place where there's alcohol? My neighbor was a fight magnet... Got floored on the dance floor at the 68 one night and never did find out who hit him... Got up looked at me and asked, "did you hit me"? :) TRUE, some REALLY good bands there... This topic makes for a much better... read.
I am not certain but I think they are the same place or I might be confusing two different places. The bar I am thinking of was a country Bar. Can any poster on here clarify this for us.

After thinking about it I think there was a bar called the Plantation Inn in Louisville that I might be confusing with the Jane Todd Inn or maybe not. I am trying to remember things from 50 years ago.

I also never had a lot of trouble in bars and I was in a lot of them all over the country and overseas in my 8 years of military service. I was only involved in one bar fight and it wasn't much of a fight, Another GI sucker punched me as I was coming out of a bar in Germany and knocked me cold because he thought I hit on what he thought was his girl friend. She was one of those anybody's girl types and I only made a half hearted hit on her. He was waiting at the bottom of some steps and hit me as I was making my final step down. My buddies that were with me said he was going to kick me after I was out but they stopped him and roughed him up a bit.

Were you ever in the Club 68 when they started lobbing beer bottles across the room from wall to wall. I almost got hit with a few of those and left when that type BS started.

These two incidents are major crimes by any stretch. The air soft gun incident was harmless, but not knowing what an air soft gun is I have to think it looks somewhat like a real gun. If these guys were playing cops and robbers, cowboys and Indians or whatever its called today at some place where people wouldn't be walking by no one would have ever known. But in todays world you just can't go around with fake guns acting like you are shooting people and not expect some kind of consequences. The bar fight, there are many bar fights in bars across America every night its not a huge deal, but for them not to expect some kind of retaliation for what happened going to a dorm where football players live after what just happened, I don't think they are that dumb. If it was to get the girl home safely, take her to the campus police and let them escort her. Nothing they did is major, I was in several bar fights back in the day, all were about as dumb as this one. I still say the only thing these guys are guilty of is making some of the dumbest decisions they could possibly make by someone in their positions. Fair or not, if this had been regular student John Smith from Corbin, Kentucky no one would have ever known about either. Athletes are stories.

Originally posted by HeismanCatNole85:

Let's let the coaches and the legal system sort this out before rushing to judgment.
Good question

Everytime.

Plantation was in building next to Horseshoe on east side-closed before 68 opened. Jane Todd was about 200 yards west of 68-it had sign in bar that read No Guns or Knives on Dance Floor. It was a real roadhouse.

That just doesn't seem right to me.

You have to leave your guns in the car, you have to leave your knives at home, what next, you have to leave your air soft pistols at the door?

If this was Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Tennessee etc, it would be "boys will be boys" and dismissed with community service or internal punishment.

Originally posted by SanAntonioCat:
If this was Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Tennessee etc, it would be "boys will be boys" and dismissed with community service or internal punishment.
Yep. Kentucky has the most holier-than-thou fans in the SEC. Along with the most watchdogging media...

Yep. Kentucky has the most holier-than-thou fans in the SEC. Along with the most watchdogging media...
Neither one of which is nearly as harmful to our program as the Athletic Dept which is still deathly afraid of the incompetent NCAA which has become a joke.

^think they have to be extra wary when they have media chomping at bits to expose anything and sensationalize every thing, and a governing body that will boot players for rest of career for taking over the counter supplement

Oh Florida would have arrested them, check to see how valuable they were to the Gators and if they were good players the Bull Gator DA would have said not enough evidence and thrashed the reports. Short of loaded guns nothing is reported at AU or LSU. In Athens the Campus Police and Clark County police throw high fives when they arrest a football player, its front page of the AJC, the Atlanta paper,. But never a mention of the kids who give their weekends to the Boys Club or Speical Olympics. UK kids nor UGA kids are no worse than any other team's kids, we just happen to be the only 2 schools in the SEC who don't cover up incidents. We punish for the first failed drug test, other schools don't after 10, AU even had a coach walk in on a group of players smoking and they missed zero snaps. Some of us are playing on the down side of a slanted field.

Could it be that you are not even old enough to be a teen . Maybe 11 or12 years old. I am an ex military combat medic and I don't think it is a good idea to wait for painful screaming, blood, and dead bodies on the ground before taking action. I have experienced such and think it is best to try to prevent such things happening.

I will weigh 3 foolish young UK football players being inconvenienced against a possible mass shooting and mass murder being prevented and the latter wins every time.
C1180, want to thank you for your service. My father was a Korean War vet and I was his caretaker the last 5 years of his life...we shared many stories. Did you serve in combat zone? If you don't mind me asking. You served the job I would have aspired had I been accepted. TY.

Yes, thanks to C1180, war is a bloody business with no winners.

And it sounds like Waco could deserve quite a bit of credit himself.

Everytime.
Yeah, that's not true at all. I've seen this board do this to Jameis Winston despite legal findings. I've also, seen this board to the dirty bird trash (they deserve the worst) but its just hypocritical and untrue to say that our fan base doesn't do that. They do.

Every team seems to do it though.

ADVERTISEMENT