ADVERTISEMENT

The new CWS field design is getting quite the attention

I knew we would catch hell over the checkerboard pattern. Even though technically we are "right" about being first, it won't stop the relentless jabs that will come for allegedly copying UT.

Reactions: Rawrrr
I've been posting a pic of 1930 Stoll Field showing the CB pattern 34 years before UT had it in all the comment sections with the caption who copied who? Those orange heads need to be put in their place!

i love how they said we weren't the first then went to ut in the 60's as proof... but as said, they are only wrong by 25ish years. lol.

I knew we would catch hell over the checkerboard pattern. Even though technically we are "right" about being first, it won't stop the relentless jabs that will come for allegedly copying UT.
Yes, you keep saying that. And no one else but you and Tennessee fans actually really cares. Look at the company you are keeping and make the necessary correction.

I've been posting a pic of 1930 Stoll Field showing the CB pattern 34 years before UT had it in all the comment sections with the caption who copied who? Those orange heads need to be put in their place!

Can you post it here? Or provide a link? Thanks.

I don't give a damn what the Vol fans or anybody else thinks...the checkerboard is a great EZ design. It looks good in Knoxville, it will look good in Lexington and I wish they would do it in Louisville.

Peace

Reactions: JPFisher and Rawrrr
I don't give a damn what the Vol fans or anybody else thinks...the checkerboard is a great EZ design. It looks good in Knoxville, it will look good in Lexington and I wish they would do it in Louisville.

Peace

As long as it is not that puke , throwing up orange:confused::p:cool:

Peace
They probably will if Checkers ever becomes the game of gangs......

Can you post it here? Or provide a link? Thanks.
1914.jpg

http://kdl.kyvl.org/catalog/xt75736m0s6q_151_3

I actually like that design. Dunno why my fellow Vols are saying the Cats are copying us, since there's no white in the Kentucky checkerboard design.

This reminds me of when we wore our grey uniforms and Tennessee fans were complaining that we stole it from them (even though our design came out before theirs did, but we just happened to wear it a year later).

Their fans literally think the college football world revolves around them like it did two decades ago, and that everyone is staring at their perpetually mediocre program trying to mimic and copy every little thing that they do.

I think it's hilarious myself. Who in their right mind would want to imitate a program that struggles to even get to bowl games?

Our checkerboard pattern (if you would even call it that) is ten times more subtle than theirs. It's dark blue and light blue, not blue and white like theirs. Not to mention the fact that we have letters in our end zone while all they have is the checkerboard pattern.

They're kidding themselves if they think Kentucky (or anyone) is looking at their program when they make their football decisions.

They're so diluted that they think they have some kind of unwritten trademark on the color grey and a checkerboard pattern. I'm surprised they don't try to stop Florida and Auburn from using the color orange. In their minds they think they're Alabama or LSU, but they don't realize people (in their right mind) view them as mediocre at best.

This reminds me of when we wore our grey uniforms and Tennessee fans were complaining that we stole it from them (even though our design came out before theirs did, but we just happened to wear it a year later).

Their fans literally think the college football world revolves around them like it did two decades ago, and that everyone is staring at their perpetually mediocre program trying to mimic and copy every little thing that they do.

I think it's hilarious myself. Who in their right mind would want to imitate a program that struggles to even get to bowl games?

Our checkerboard pattern (if you would even call it that) is ten times more subtle than theirs. It's dark blue and light blue, not blue and white like theirs. Not to mention the fact that we have letters in our end zone while all they have is the checkerboard pattern.

They're kidding themselves if they think Kentucky (or anyone) is looking at their program when they make their football decisions.

They're so diluted that they think they have some kind of unwritten trademark on the color grey and a checkerboard pattern. I'm surprised they don't try to stop Florida and Auburn from using the color orange. In their minds they think they're Alabama or LSU, but they don't realize people (in their right mind) view them as mediocre at best.

I agree, they had a good run for a handful of years, but that was a long time ago. Certainly they are far far from being any kind of traditional powerhouse. I view them as a football version of Indiana basketball, or maybe even Looserville basketball, where they had some good championship runs but more often than not they are mediocre at best.

I agree, they had a good run for a handful of years, but that was a long time ago. Certainly they are far far from being any kind of traditional powerhouse. I view them as a football version of Indiana basketball, or maybe even Looserville basketball, where they had some good championship runs but more often than not they are mediocre at best.

?? I believe UT will be a top 5 team very soon and for years to come if they keep recruiting like they are....That is unfortunate since I don't like them.

?? I believe UT will be a top 5 team very soon and for years to come if they keep recruiting like they are....That is unfortunate since I don't like them.
it is looking that way. if that qb improves any at all they very well could be there next year.... i hate them my dang self. lol

I hate the Vols as much as anyone but for a program that has been mediocre for the last 20 years they have continued to own KY on the field. The KY win using a WR as the QB was as good of a way to end the streak as anything I have ever seen in sports, but the fact remains UT has had KY's number in football for a long time now. I hate it, but there is really no comparison that can be made between the two programs except both seem to be getting better although UT is recruiting at a much higher level than UK is now.

Yes, KY started the checkerboard end zone long before UT did, but most folks alive now have no idea about that. Personally, I just wish KY did something different but it still looks great and in time nobody is really going to care as long as KY starts winning football games.

I actually like that design. Dunno why my fellow Vols are saying the Cats are copying us, since there's no white in the Kentucky checkerboard design.

Agreed and even if there were white in the design a checker board patter is so generic that it can't be accurately claimed by any team. That's like me saying that Tennessee copied UK by putting numbers every 10 yards on the field.

For the record, Tulane also has checker board end zones and they probably aren't the only one. Piss on 'em.

Agreed and even if there were white in the design a checker board patter is so generic that it can't be accurately claimed by any team. That's like me saying that Tennessee copied UK by putting numbers every 10 yards on the field.
Technically we could say every SEC football team copied from Kentucky since UK hosted the very first college football game in the entire South in 1880.

ADVERTISEMENT