ADVERTISEMENT

UK sticking with the ultra-small mid-field logo

The field looks fantastic. Great job by whoever picked the design.
Input was taken from fans, players, and admin but the ultimate call was made by Mitch and Stoops. Stoops said on KSR that he did not want a field that looked crazy. Sounded like he had the final approval on it.

I mean we finally got our blue endzones and that's just not good enough for some SMH

Field and stadium are going to look fan f'ing tastic in September!

I'm not sure we really need the larger logo. It still looks good from the pictures I am seeing.

Beating FL is worth every dollar IMO. 29 years of frustration being let out. However, at some point I hope the team wins enough to where the fans do not feel like a big win warrants storming the field.

See that many don't understand proportions and how images scale. You can't stretch our logo without also making it taller. Which means it would interfere with the hash marks. If you notice all the other logos do not go past the hash marks. You cannot do that with our logo. I mean it's common sense but obviously the OP doesn't get common sense very often. Please find something else to bitch about.
You're the one that doesn't understand things. You can go past hash marks, see USC and ASU. Also, all they had to do was bring the UK to each hash mark and start and end the logo at the 43 yard lines and it woulda been perfect. But as usual they're too stupid to do the right thing. Just like with them changing the logo.

The logo is the same size as it was before. This won't be a change. It's not like they decided to shrink it.

I would have liked to see it a little bigger but not much. As other posters mentioned if you expand it you are going to interfere with the hash marks. We probably could have gone out a few more yards on each side but not much. Other schools can get away with it because they have much more horizontal logos whereas ours it more vertical.

I think it's fine the way it is. Considering it's just as tall as it is wide if you made it 20 yards wide then you'd have to make it 20 yards or close to it tall. That would be way too big IMHO. All in all I don't think it's a big deal.

You're the one that doesn't understand things. You can go past hash marks, see USC and ASU. Also, all they had to do was bring the UK to each hash mark and start and end the logo at the 43 yard lines and it woulda been perfect. But as usual they're too stupid to do the right thing. Just like with them changing the logo.
The interlocking UK is the same size as the interlocking SC. They just added that awful-looking "Trojans" on top. But point taken about hash marks.

It's not the size that counts....I believe that 95% of the men in this world would agree.... Now, the other 5% are on this board, and no doubt they will disagree.... I had to say that, but seriously...

Without a picture design, there's not much you can do with a U and a K, especially when it interlocks..... I don't like the 40 to 40 one letter design, at all..... I would rather have a Wild Cat in the middle of the field....

The gator at Florida is too narrow..... Something about the size of the Miss. St. logo would do for me....Personally, I think that Mizz. has the best looking field design...

With a Wildcat logo at center field, I think UK would take over for the best field design... I also think the KENTUCKY in the end zone are too straight. You need to make the letters smaller and off set them, or zig-zag them, or something like that....

Take a look at the top of the page on the left side... The field letters that aren't fixed yet.... Imagine them a little smaller and in the end zone, with that type of zig-zag.... I think it would look cool..

As they look now, they look like a line of big odd block soldiers..... With the letters smaller in the end zone, you could see more of the checkered end zone too.... Our end zone with the blue on blue checkers are great....That is the one thing they got right... I think with the zig-zag it would make it more like the Mizz. end zone.....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT