ADVERTISEMENT

Shep

We were down 7 to Germany right before halftime. And it was a 4-pt game with 90 seconds left. That isn’t “laying waste,” especially where their best player and PG was injured and out with a foot injury. Stop covering up for Cal. This will end like ‘19 or last year with a team fighting for a 5 seed bc they were mismanaged by CCC
If you are going to mention Germany's injuries, why leave out the fact that Kentucky's injuries required them to play the game without a center?

Kentucky fans have been beaten down over the past few seasons without a lot to cheer for. A young man with proven pedigree has provided a couple of good games either defensively, offensively, or both which has fans excited. There is added excitement because he is a Kentucky product. Unfortunately, it seems that some so-called fans are more interested in finding ways to understate his play on the court by forecasting his lesser play against teams like Kansas. Have these fans been so brainwashed by Cal and his 5-star philosophy that they are upset because the 4-star player is grabbing too much attention? None of us know what Reed or any of the other players will do in the future. However, I am not going to allow what may or may not happen in the future prevent me from celebrating each of these kids when they deserve it one game at a time.

Kentucky fans have been beaten down over the past few seasons without a lot to cheer for. A young man with proven pedigree has provided a couple of good games either defensively, offensively, or both which has fans excited. There is added excitement because he is a Kentucky product. Unfortunately, it seems that some so-called fans are more interested in finding ways to understate his play on the court by forecasting his lesser play against teams like Kansas. Have these fans been so brainwashed by Cal and his 5-star philosophy that they are upset because the 4-star player is grabbing too much attention? None of us know what Reed or any of the other players will do in the future. However, I am not going to allow what may or may not happen in the future prevent me from celebrating each of these kids when they deserve it one game at a time.

This is what I would post if I had more than two brain cells left. If you're a true fan of UK basketball, I don't see how you can't be excited to see this squad without a true Big man fight for a win against grown ass men.

We may not win another game, but for now, I'm tore up like a can of kraut. "pun intended"

If you are going to mention Germany's injuries, why leave out the fact that Kentucky's injuries required them to play the game without a center?
Because everyone is saying the most important position is PG and it explains why trading Oscar for Wagner has transformed the offense. So if they are missing their best player who is a PG, isn’t that more important missing a 2 ppg C?

Because everyone is saying the most important position is PG and it explains why trading Oscar for Wagner has transformed the offense. So if they are missing their best player who is a PG, isn’t that more important missing a 2 ppg C?
No one traded Oscar for Wagner. Where did that come from? You are badly mistaken if you don't think this team wouldn't benefit from having Oscar paired with a true point guard. This doesn't mean that Oscar should have been used like the second coming of Jabbar. It means that he would have to be used doing the things that he did best without taking away from team play. Also, if you think having a rebounder and shot blocker isn't important to this team's success, you should question just how much you understand the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKrazycat2
As of today our best 5 are:

Sheppard
Wagner
Reeves
Mitchell
Edwards

Thats alot of talent and some experience as well.
Maybe even a couple of generational talents thrown in too.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBBCrazy
Remember Jeff had a redshirt year that helped immensely.

Reed’s much younger than when Jeff was excelling. Sure can tell he’s got the intangibles.

Nice kid- real good role model for all young Ky kids.
Hes clearly further along than Daddy was as a true Frosh.

Reactions: Zissou87
Because it would not fit his bs negative agenda. Then he post Germany missing a pg is nore important than us missing TWO front court players. Maybe , but I have to counter that they don't get all the second chance points if we had more height. You have been around long enough to know why he didn't mention our injuries. Just like he failed to mention UK has only been together a couple weeks and not even as a whole team. I would call him one of the worst posters here, but he is not even a UK fan, but a troll.

Pk7Na7D.gif
I don’t follow. Looks to be leveled out near 0. Guess you agree with me?

Ok Cal sycophant.

He has a lot to do to reach that status. I am not saying that it isn't possible, but I am saying those are big shoes to fill. Lol
One advantage Reed has is that both of his parents played at a high level. Basketball in his blood from an early age, and I think we’re seeing that on display.

Put that kind of knowledge and experience together with his natural talents and he has a chance to eclipse what his parents did. But getting that ring has to be part of the equation for him to eclipse his dad’s accomplishments. A FF MVP would be really nice, too lol.

Reed has looked great from my perspective. Even when his shot doesn't fall, he still can hustle on defense and trigger the ball with high IQ for assists. He's going to be hard to keep off the floor. He does need to make adjustments to ball handling and protecting his dribble. In the SEC the hand checking will be constant and the fouls not called.

If I remember correctly Jeff was a high school high jump champion so if that is correct then I think I agree Jeff has more spring than reed
I think you are very correct. Jeff at that time in his life had a good 6 inches on his vert over Reed. Jeff was more sleek in stature as well. Reed has a more So / Jr type of body for a freshman. Jeff could flat out jump out of the gym.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT