ADVERTISEMENT

Shep

Better than advertised. Kid is going to get minutes no doubt about it.
This is exactly what I've been thinking. It reminds me of the way Tyler Herro came in, much lower ranked than his classmates but was just solid from day one. I love what Reed does. He is very steady with the ball in his hands. His leaping ability is obviously taking guys by surprise. His defense is just solid and his anticipation is excellent. He's a very smart guy who is a very good athlete. He's going to shoot well- his numbers vs Germany were bad but he shot it well today, which will more than like be closer to the norm. I love the guy. I also thought Edwards showed us yesterday's offensive performance was also an aberration. He's gonna be very good. He reminds me of Michael Kidd Gilchrist with a jumper. He's long, athletic, scrappy, and has a nose for the ball. If he can make shots consistently, the sky is the limit.

Reed was a 5* for a reason, he has shown so far that he belongs out there! He’s a heady player, plays under control and has totally shocked me defensively! Adou is playing like a man! Wagner is as good as advertised! Rob will be a problem for teams by Christmas! Edwards will be a beast! Reeves is a bucket! This can be a dangerous team playing 4 out with a big, but Cal will start 2 bigs, Edwards, DJ and Reeves!

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Don't let catsfaninbgky read that. He'll want to debate you on your opinion.
Obviously you didn't read all my post on Reed. Just the one I said he wasn't the best defender against Germany. And he wasn't. Tonight, he was. Loved his game tonight. A complete both ends of the floor effort.

But a Rafters take says he won’t help?

UK_Born_an_Bread said:
I had 1450 posts between 2017 and this year. Compose is 43. Wow - amazing. We should be focused DJ and Dilly. Reed Shephard isn’t helping this team before 2025.

Don’t go head to head with me. You will lose.
He may need some help getting his foot out of his mouth.

So fun to watch! Does anyone know if these other teams have been togetger for any amount of time? Or are they just assembled for this one tournament?

Reed is ahead of Dillingham right now and he does so many things to affect the game he is going to play a lot of minutes.

Hopefully there won't be too many more line up predictions with Reed at 9 to 12 getting minutes.
Dillingham will be a nightmare for opponents too.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Obviously you didn't read all my post on Reed. Just the one I said he wasn't the best defender against Germany. And he wasn't. Tonight, he was. Loved his game tonight. A complete both ends of the floor effort.
I agree to disagree. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We just see things a little differently. It's all good and shouldn't have to be dissected every game.

I question why Coach even started Reed against Canada. Did he see what was coming? Or was he looking for a reason to exile him to the end of the bench with the towel boys to shut some fans up?

Either way, we are playing with an incomplete roster and I'm cautiously optimistic that with a loaded roster it will be harder for Cal to mess it up.

Debate over. Now lets roll. GBB

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT