ADVERTISEMENT

Shaedon Sharpe TIMELINE

Does anybody else magically lose posting privileges every time they respond to a post from low country cat? Surely he isn’t reporting any post just because it disagrees with him purely to stop that poster from responding. Because that would be abusing the privileges of the board correct? So mods I hope you’re watching if he tries to report this post too.

Now to the topic at hand. I hope everyone is watching because this supposed UK fan is now defending Duke on this board but calling everyone else non UK fans and trolls. My guy….DUKE MISSED THE NCAA TOURNAMENT LAST YEAR! How can u POSSIBLY attack cal the way u do for missing the tournament and in the same list defend K for missing the exact same tournament, never mind he had a player opt out before the end of the first semester so he basically held the team hostage, committed decided it wasn’t worth it then quit to prepare for the draft. And here u are STILL defending K and calling everyone else stupid!?? The audacity of your hubris in shitting on cal and defending K when u still can’t explain away the fact that K has had to adopt everything that Cal does to win is incredible honestly. Like wow
You just proved my point. You made a false claim about Cal and I destroyed it, and you launched a WOT personal attack while, inexplicably, whining to the...MODS?

You are one weird dude.

• Haha
Reactions: ManOfManyNames
You just proved my point. You made a false claim about Cal and I destroyed it, and you launched a WOT personal attack while, inexplicably, whining to the...MODS?

You are one weird dude.
I guess maybe you missed it the first time, so I will try again. 😉

What would you have done in this scenario as head coach:

The top rated player commits to your team in Sept. A couple of months later he says he wants to reclassify at the winter break and join the team in January to practice and get better prepared for the next season. Doesn't have a plan to play this year.

Do you take him?
Do you stipulate you will only allow it if he plays right away?
Do you tell him no way?
Do you tell him he can't make any NIL deals until he plays, which is illegal btw?

What do you do?

Cal has always been a bullshitter, since day one here. The deal has been nobody gave a shit because he was winning and winning big. This UK team is in the Top 10 and winning , most fans could care less about the Sharpe situation right now and if we keep winning this made up controversy will pass. Could he help the team, Nobody knows, what we do know is we are winning big games right now and in the end that is ALL that has ever mattered at UK.Rupp had his flaws as did Joe B as did Pitino, in the end they won enough that people overlooked them. Cal keeps winning and nobody will give a crap about his either.

Cal has always been a bullshitter, since day one here.
100%. LOL. I took a buddy of mine (he grew up in Ohio and was never a UK fan) to his first UK game this past Wednesday. I made him listen to the post game show so he could hear coach Cal talk. I knew what would happen. He was very entertained. He was like, "Does he ALWAYS talk that way? He's very entertaining. I never heard him talk much before but I like him." I laughed. Coach Cal IS a very good bullshitter and I still like to hear him talk from time to time. I have just learned to put on the BS filter when he sometimes says the same thing over and over and over again. I'm not saying this to be negative to Coach Cal. But anyone that doesn't realize that he is a bullshitter is just misinformed. He knows what to say and he often knows how to say it. Maybe that's why he's such a good recruiter? I dunno. LOL

Last edited:
It's pretty much the exact scenario with all but Orton. They all quit to protect their draft stock. Orton just rarely ever played and bolted at the first opportunity. Pretty sure Clarke did the same last year.
But that's not what he was arguing. You changed the criteria.

Here's what he was arguing: "Name a top prospect in college basketball that sat out and left without contributing."

You turned it into "They all quit to protect their draft stock."

How is that even remotely the same thing @Gromcat suggested?

Hahaha, so your solution is to shame a player who is doing exactly what was planned all along... to practice and learn for next year? Thank God you aren't the coach. Sounds like a BCG tactic.

Wiseman played 2 games, had to sit, had the University spend a shit ton of money on legal counsel to get him cleared and he then immediately bolted. He still took all their resources while there.

Allen is averaging more minutes in his career than Orton did. I don't think anyone would accuse Allen of playing a lot. 🤣

I can tell you are someone who allows emotions to control you instead if logical.
Translation: you tried to create a different criteria from which to argue and pass it off as the same one Grom was using. When he called you out on it, you started to personally insult him.

But that's not what he was arguing. You changed the criteria.

Here's what he was arguing: "Name a top prospect in college basketball that sat out and left without contributing."

You turned it into "They all quit to protect their draft stock."

How is that even remotely the same thing @Gromcat suggested?
Because they all literally sat out and didn't contribute anything. How do explain what they did?

Translation: you tried to create a different criteria from which to argue and pass it off as the same one Grom was using. When he called you out on it, you started to personally insult him.
What criteria did I change? I think you might just be confused on how to interpret an inference to something.

How did I personally insult him?

Don’t get it twisted sister…….I have expressed NO position. I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. But if you twist my arm I’d say my position would be to gobble up the best players possible and deal with their shit when the time comes.

I’ve actually coached a lot of ball, in 3 different sports. Sometimes you have to eat a few turds to get your belly full. Take the best dudes. Figure it out later.
I'd guess swimming , soccer and ?? curling ? .. I coached 3 years of a college sport , my job was assistant coach and did 100% of the recruiting . I never ate any turds to the point the turd wouldnt play . Thats a serious deflection. Just go ahead and state the obvious " I dont care what Cal does , he's my guy"

The Sharpes had been planning a reclassification since Shaedon transfered from Canada to the US. That was 2+ years ago.
This! To get to the pros ASAP, not so he can get into college form to practice/ play for a season and a half!

It absolutely astounds me anyone thinks this guy came early to get a head start for college ball… under Calipari!

“But Shaedon says he’s coming back next season”

Shaedon and his camp are bold face liars! Y’all will foolishly defend that too when it happens!

Reactions: UKortho
@LowCountryCat

What would you have done in this scenario as head coach:

Top rated player commits to your team in Sept. Couple of months later he says he wants to reclassify at the winter break and join the team in January to practice and get better prepared for the next season. Doesn't have a plan to play this year.

Do you take him?
Do you stipulate you will only allow it if he plays right away?
Do you tell him no way?
Do you tell him he can't make any NIL deals until he plays, which is illegal btw?
E) you tell him either he commits to next year ( not happening ) OR he takes the floor this year . Its over now , the guy isn't playing . Are you trying to sell Cal took a top ten draft ;pick who HE KNEW WAS ELIGIBLE FOR NEXT YEARS DRAFT , and was going to assume he skips the draft the draft to play college ball ? ha freaking ha

It’s entailment really. A lot of folks think these players and coaches owe us something. They owe us nothing.
You're right. Thwy owe the fans nothing. However, in my opinion, the University hired Cal so he owes them to do his job. That is to win games and tournaments and not baby players protecting them for draft night. The players owe the University something in that when they signed the scholarship papers, they agreed to PLAY for UK, not sit on the sidelines, using UK resources, waiting on the NBA draft. Contrary to what Cal may think, the greatest night in UK basketball is NOT draft night, but cutting down the nets on Championship Monday.

You're right. Thwy owe the fans nothing. However, in my opinion, the University hired Cal so he owes them to do his job. That is to win games and tournaments and not baby players protecting them for draft night. The players owe the University something in that when they signed the scholarship papers, they agreed to PLAY for UK, not sit on the sidelines, using UK resources, waiting on the NBA draft. Contrary to what Cal may think, the greatest night in UK basketball is NOT draft night, but cutting down the nets on Championship Monday.
UK fans stop watching and their will be no UK program.

Reactions: susan2361
And before YOU rush to get THIS point wrong, nobody's going to jail for Cal's malfeasance. No laws were broken.

But...BUT!

Maybe this blind, loyal WORSHIP of the man as the be-all end-all will diminish and people will see him for who and what he really is. People will be better off when they realize he's just a guy, and that he is good at lying.

Maybe we are basically making the same point, which is that this stuff isn't all that important, and maybe people should stop putting Cal on a pedestal and go get a life.

It's unfortunate that his own behavior brings this about, but it's better in the long run for everyone.

malfeasance? hyperbolic much? Not playing a kid who's supposed to be a senior in high school is not nefarious or a wrongdoing on the part of Cal.

What yall complainers fail to understand is this kid should still be in high school. Sharpe reclassified and even @LowCountryCat stated that Sharpe didn't enroll until January.

These kids start playing together during the summer, with practice officially starting in October and yall are expecting this kid to be ready to go even though he's barely been here a month?

It took our team over 2 months to even get to the level of play they're currently at, October to December. Add two months to when Sharpe joined and we're already in March.

The same people complaining about Sharpe not playing will be the ones to complain if we lose in the tourney with Sharpe not playing.

If he does play and we lose the same people will just complain about how Cal cannot win even if he has a top tier player in Sharpe.

Yall will always find something to complain about and if someone posts something that you disagree with you'll just block the person. Looking at lowcat who comes across as childish for blocking people he disagrees with.

Take your fingers out of your ears, stop saying "la la la" and come to the table if you want to have discourse . Blocking others won't get you there.

We're one of the best teams in the country and yall just complain. Just enjoy the damn ride.

I've read a lot of threads about Sharpe including this one. There are a LOT of people that seem very angry about a situation that has yet to unfold and I'm not sure I understand it.

Let's say Sharpe does not play this season. My understanding from everything I have read is that has been the plan all along. Sure, there have been some teasers put out there that he might play, but nothing definitive. Since he is eligible for the NBA draft, in this situation, there are 2 scenarios that could play out. #1, he enters and is drafted having never played a game here, or #2 he does not enter and stays another year.

If scenario #1 plays out, I am not sure I understand who is a victim in this scenario. As a fan, I know I am certainly not. Maybe the businesses that gave him NIL money, but that's not really my concern. Because he never played a game here, I don't know if he would have been an addition, a role player, or a detriment. I assume he has been a welcome addition to practice and is helping the team on that end. Either way, I don't know. As far as I am concerned, no harm no foul, whatever.

If scenario #2 plays out, there are two things that could happen. To me, this is where it gets more real. If he stays for a second year, plays and contributes, I do not see a problem. I have no idea how good he may or not be because I have never seen him play. But I am sure if he plays, he will give it his all so as to make the best future possible for himself. Good for everyone.

However, if for some reason he stays and does not play, then that is just dumb on his part, because he could have left after the first season and likely still gotten drafted. If that happens, I will be very surprised. And he will truly be a wasted recruit. But either way, I have lost nothing as a fan other than the possible what might've been's. Which at that point are still completely unknown.

I mean, I guess you could argue the scholarship money if you want, but that seems minuscule to me. I guess you could say you were somehow "lied to" by someone that owes you nothing, but I am not sure I see that argument. I guess what I am wondering is this, what harm have I been done, as a fan, if this player does not play? Like emotional damage or something? I don't get it.
EXACTLY. Thank you

Don’t get it twisted sister…….I have expressed NO position. I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. But if you twist my arm I’d say my position would be to gobble up the best players possible and deal with their shit when the time comes.

I’ve actually coached a lot of ball, in 3 different sports. Sometimes you have to eat a few turds to get your belly full. Take the best dudes. Figure it out later.
So signing multiple players who never play would be a good strategy? Hope your arm is OK

E) you tell him either he commits to next year ( not happening ) OR he takes the floor this year . Its over now , the guy isn't playing . Are you trying to sell Cal took a top ten draft ;pick who HE KNEW WAS ELIGIBLE FOR NEXT YEARS DRAFT , and was going to assume he skips the draft the draft to play college ball ? ha freaking ha
So you would damage the potential for the top rated player and help to ensure he ends up somewhere else by placing demands on him?

How are you sure Cal knew he was eligible for the draft? Back in the fall, even draft expert Giovanny was sure Shaedon wasn't eligible until the 2023 draft. Why should Cal have known different? 🤔

Slow down a bit, use a little logic and think on it! You'll get there!

Last edited:
How many games did Wiseman play and what did he do after? How did he help Memphis? 😉

Same questions of Whitney and Makur Maker?
None of that matters, because that's not what @Gromcat argued. He argued that they played and contributed, and based on his criteria, he's absolutely correct.

You're changing the criteria and calling it the same.

You do that a lot. It's weird.

None of that matters, because that's not what @Gromcat argued. He argued that they played and contributed, and based on his criteria, he's absolutely correct.

Not only that but he left the team when he stopped contributing. Ya know, because if you’re not going to play, you don’t stay. Wiseman had enough respect that once he decided to hang it up he left the program and went into training for the NBA draft. He and his coach didn’t sell the fans on him returning to the floor the next season while he had no intention of it.

He played in 3 games for Memphis.

There’s no similarity. Once again Coach Calipari is revolutionary, this time in allowing players to be none and done. And the lying about it is what’s really unforgivable IMO. All of them were busted out, of course the Cal Cult doesn’t see that.

I'd guess swimming , soccer and ?? curling ? .. I coached 3 years of a college sport , my job was assistant coach and did 100% of the recruiting . I never ate any turds to the point the turd wouldnt play . Thats a serious deflection. Just go ahead and state the obvious " I dont care what Cal does , he's my guy"
It’s not a deflection ding dong. I gave you my answer. If you don’t like it then piss off

Reactions: JC CATS
You just don’t get it. IDC of we are 40-0. Cal letting a player user our facilities, use our city snd state for NIL, and not play a second is WRONG. Fans built this program from nothing. Rupp would be ashamed that Cal is letting a player use UK like a blood sucking parasite. We see what you Cal fan types are doing by misdirecting attention on the season. IDK if you guys are Cal fans and not UK fans, trolls, or just don’t want to admit you are wrong.
I have been a UK fan since 1970, Issel, Pratt, Casey, etc, how long Val been here again? 2 If you aren't happy with 18-4 and #5 in nation, you need a new hobby buddy, sports is not for you. You neither understand or appreciate. Misdirect attention on the season, WTF does that even mean? We aren't here for basketball season WTF are we here for, friend YOU are the one misdirecting. I like sports as entertainment to escape life and it's worries for a bit, you need to move on, not to another team, another hobby, this just isn't for the likes of you

So how did he help and contribute? What did they do?

What have I changed? Simply being caught off guard when someone provides you with evidence you are unable to refute doesn't mean criteria was changed bud.

Would Shaedon practicing with the team and obviously helping them improve not be a contribution?
God you’re stupid. I hope you’re just the lead belly troll and not actually being serious.
Yea, I figured you wouldn't want to answer that. 😉

I don’t know if Sharpe will play this year or next year. But how can you feel justified calling someone a liar before the lie happens. Until the NBA draft none of us know what the truth is. Some on here pretend to be Christian yet feel justified calling Cal a liar on this issue before it happens.
Like I said earlier, they are pre-crying

I find it, odd, or maybe, ah ha!, that the same guys that went on and on for years about “next year” and “incoming recruiting classes” are now telling everyone to “SLOW DOWN” and “enjoy the season” because ya know, gotta do whatever it takes to make any situation look best for Calipari.

Many of us have been saving “how about THIS YEAR for a decade now, only to be told RECRUITING CLASSES. Next year is the year!! We’ve been conditioned by the Cal Cult to look to next season since this entire era started. But now? lol.

I am enjoying this year and took crow for how I figured this team wouldn’t be able to compete at this level. But some people are incapable of seeing the Forrest through the trees.

I don’t know if Sharpe will play this year or next year. But how can you feel justified calling someone a liar before the lie happens. Until the NBA draft none of us know what the truth is. Some on here pretend to be Christian yet feel justified calling Cal a liar on this issue before it happens.
LOL @ the "Christian" accusation...

Cal LIED and ADMITTED IT. He said he deliberately DIDN'T inform people that Sharpe wouldn't play this year so that people would go 'crazy' about him.

That's DECEPTION.

• Haha
Reactions: Gromcat
This whole Cal/Sharpe thing has overshadowed a good team having a good season
It all Cal's doing, anything short of the FF will bring Cal's management of this situation into the main focus of this year. It will detract from good coaching ,good wins or
anything positive this team does. That is so unfair to the players on this team .Cal should have to answer for that when all is said and done this year.

This whole Cal/Sharpe thing has overshadowed a good team having a good season
It all Cal's doing, anything short of the FF will bring Cal's management of this situation into the main focus of this year. It will detract from good coaching ,good wins or
anything positive this team does. That is so unfair to the players on this team .Cal should have to answer for that when all is said and done this year.
Honestly I think how good this team is playing is overshadowing Sharpe. I think most want him to play, I did. Now I don’t care. If the team was bad then yeah it would be more of a controversy.

When he enrolled early I was of the opinion we would see him get some minutes this season. Original thought was by the Florida game next week giving him 6 weeks or so to acclimate, practice etc. Not much time compared to the rest of the team who had first practice on June 14th.

Honestly I think how good this team is playing is overshadowing Sharpe. I think most want him to play, I did. Now I don’t care. If the team was bad then yeah it would be more of a controversy.
Yes, I think you are right and it is a shame. I hoped he would play also but like you,
now I don't care either way. Do you think Calipari is aware of this and has he addressed it with the team. I wish things were not like they are, the team deserves a lot of credit.

Reactions: Jperry1987
Yes, I think you are right and it is a shame. I hoped he would play also but like you,
now I don't care either way. Do you think Calipari is aware of this and has he addressed it with the team. I wish things were not like they are, the team deserves a lot of credit.
I have no idea. I think he should be playing by now for nothing else than depth issues in case of injury or foul issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT