LowCountryCat

All-American
Apr 17, 2010
Orlando, FL
Sept 7 - Sharpe commits to UK
LINK

Nov 9 - Sharpe announces he will enroll at UK in January
LINK

Nov 18 - Calipari states that Sharpe unlikely to play "I don't think so...we'll see."
LINK

Article also stated Sharpe's mentor Dwayne Washington said there was no chance Sharpe would play this season -
LINK

Jan 6 - Sharpe enrolls at UK and begins practices
LINK

Jan 7 - Calipari admits hiding his plan of Sharpe not playing from the public to keep the buzz going

“He’s a ways away from playing games,” Calipari said. “It may be a year from now. They all know. I talked to them. We don’t have a plan for him to play this year. Maybe he does, but that is not the plan and never has been. Now I never said it because I wanted everybody to go crazy, all the other places. But the reality of it is we’ve never had a plan. If you ask me right now, my guess is he won’t play. But you don’t know what happens. We’ve had injury after injury, this happened, that happened, we’re down to 6, 7 guys. I may tell him ‘look, man, you’ve gotta go in 7 minutes a game. You’ve gotta play some.’ But my hope is we’re never there.”
LINK

Jan 20 - Calipari teases Sharpe will play "if he's ready."

“He’s watching,” Calipari added. “Whether I play him or not this year, if he’s ready to be in games, I’ll put him in. He’s a great kid, and he’s doing well. And he’s going to make practices even better. He’s only been here two weeks. But, at the end of the day, you know I’m going to be for kids. That’s how I do this.”

It falls in line with what the UK head coach said about Sharpe last week, praising the five-star guard’s skill and shot-making ability, but adding that he’s still adjusting to the speed and pace of the college game.

“If he’s not ready to play, I would not put him out there,” Calipari said last week. “… You can’t do that to the kid — unless he’s ready. If he’s ready, I say let’s go.
LINK

Jan 20 - ESPN reports Sharpe eligible for 2022 draft
LINK

Jan 22 - Dwayne Washington (Sharpe's mentor) says the NBA KNEW that Sharpe was eligible for the 2022 draft BEFORE he came to school, but he did not tell Calipari. But he also said he told Calipari that Sharpe would be back next year.

“It’s pretty idiotic. Everybody knew that this was an option, but we’re not taking it,” Washington told KSR. “He lost millions coming to school. He came to get better. … You come to get ready if you want to go to the NBA, which is one of the goals. You have to be ready. People don’t respect Calipari’s ability to develop enough, that’s why (Shaedon’s) there.

“He’s not there to sit on the bench and wave at fans. He’s coming back next year. If he doesn’t play this year, he’s coming back next year.”

“This is not new news to us. We knew about this before he came to school,” Washington told KSR. “This news is not news to anybody in the NBA. … People just found out, but NBA people already knew.”
“I didn’t even tell Calipari,” Washington said. “Calipari was like, ‘Do you think he could do it?’ I said, ‘Honestly, it doesn’t matter, because he’s not going.’ He said, ‘OK, if you say so.’ Because everything I’ve said has happened.”

LINK

Jan 22 - Auburn defeats UK 80-71

Calipari in postgame says, “I have told his parents that I am not going to put him in a position where he hurts himself. I am not. And we’re going to do this, the process of this, and if he ends up playing this year because he’s capable of doing it and he can play, we’ll play him. But I’m not just shoving him in so we can win another game or stay closer. I’m not going to do that.”
LINK

Jan 24 - Calipari teases possibility of Sharpe playing

"The last couple days he’s stepped on the gas a little bit and done some things," Calipari said. "I think our team would like me to put him in. We're doing stuff and something happens in practice, he does something, they all kind of look at me like, 'Come on now, If that's who he is, put him in.'"
LINK

Feb 2 - UK defeats Vanderbilt 77-70. Sharpe does not play and has not played a minute.

Feb 7 - UK announces Shaedon Sharpe will not play this season but will play next season.

LINK

Summary:

Calipari stated flatly that he withheld the fact that he did not intend to play Sharpe so that he could create buzz around him. Since then he has said, numerous times, that he a) is not ready and b) will play if he's ready and c) he will not play the 'kid' if it hurts his draft status. He has even said all three things in the same interview.

It's very likely that Calipari continues to tease because this continues to create buzz around Sharpe and keep fans interested. This is like a game to him. It's likely because he already admitted doing it.

Dwayne Washington stated that everybody except Calipari knew that Sharpe would be eligible for the draft THIS YEAR. In fact, he did NOT state that Calipari didn't know - he stated that he himself did not TELL Calipari. That doesn't mean Calipari didn't know. In fact, if Calipari DID know before the season and let him join this year anyway, that might have created bad press. So Washington's statement is a bit of cover for Calipari. He also stated Sharpe will play at UK next year. Who knows if any of it is true.

So we're to BELIEVE that EVERYBODY EXCEPT CALIPARI knew that Sharpe was eligible for the draft BEFORE the season.

The one fact that is undisputed is that Sharpe continues to sit.

Last edited:
Cool thread op. Another Sharpe thread is what this place needed.

did the title “shaedon sharpe timeline” not give it away? I mean you have freedom to pick and choose what threads you want to read and comment on. You chose to read and comment anyway. Cool post, another pointless comment on another sharpe thread is what this place needed….smh…..

If Cal was so in the dark about a player he was adding to the team how does he find his way to Rupp Arena. He knew about Sharpe's status from day 1. If all the NBA
knew then Cal doesn't have contacts in the NBA? If cal told me it was daylight
outside I'd have to go look to make sure.

Who said I didn't like you? You're like a court jester! Everyone likes the court jester because he makes them feel better about themselves.
What makes you feel better about yourself is that you think people give a hot sht about your opinions. I guess that's why you keep recycling your accounts - you get your widdle feefees hurt when people block you - as I'm doing now.

You're just mad because you're a Cal fanboi and you don't like seeing him exposed as a tricky liar. And thanks for the smilie emoji - it proves that you're a fan.

OP you were starting to come around as a poster. But since you say you said all along you were right on this, then just drop it. Because I knew from the start. If your going to say your right so much leave it be. He isn't playing. Stop these threads i knew the first week he was at UK he wasn't playing. If he was so good he would have. If he was planning on playing here next year he'd play this year dohhhh

LINK

LINK

Nov 18 - Calipari states that Sharpe unlikely to play "I don't think so...we'll see."
LINK

Article also stated Sharpe's mentor Dwayne Washington said there was no chance Sharpe would play this season -
LINK

LINK

Jan 7 - Calipari admits hiding his plan of Sharpe not playing from the public to keep the buzz going

“He’s a ways away from playing games,” Calipari said. “It may be a year from now. They all know. I talked to them. We don’t have a plan for him to play this year. Maybe he does, but that is not the plan and never has been. Now I never said it because I wanted everybody to go crazy, all the other places. But the reality of it is we’ve never had a plan. If you ask me right now, my guess is he won’t play. But you don’t know what happens. We’ve had injury after injury, this happened, that happened, we’re down to 6, 7 guys. I may tell him ‘look, man, you’ve gotta go in 7 minutes a game. You’ve gotta play some.’ But my hope is we’re never there.”
LINK

“He’s watching,” Calipari added. “Whether I play him or not this year, if he’s ready to be in games, I’ll put him in. He’s a great kid, and he’s doing well. And he’s going to make practices even better. He’s only been here two weeks. But, at the end of the day, you know I’m going to be for kids. That’s how I do this.”

It falls in line with what the UK head coach said about Sharpe last week, praising the five-star guard’s skill and shot-making ability, but adding that he’s still adjusting to the speed and pace of the college game.

“If he’s not ready to play, I would not put him out there,” Calipari said last week. “… You can’t do that to the kid — unless he’s ready. If he’s ready, I say let’s go.
LINK

LINK

Jan 22 - Dwayne Washington (Sharpe's mentor) says the NBA KNEW that Sharpe was eligible for the 2022 draft BEFORE he came to school, but he did not tell Calipari. But he also said he told Calipari that Sharpe would be back next year.

“It’s pretty idiotic. Everybody knew that this was an option, but we’re not taking it,” Washington told KSR. “He lost millions coming to school. He came to get better. … You come to get ready if you want to go to the NBA, which is one of the goals. You have to be ready. People don’t respect Calipari’s ability to develop enough, that’s why (Shaedon’s) there.

“He’s not there to sit on the bench and wave at fans. He’s coming back next year. If he doesn’t play this year, he’s coming back next year.”

“This is not new news to us. We knew about this before he came to school,” Washington told KSR. “This news is not news to anybody in the NBA. … People just found out, but NBA people already knew.”
“I didn’t even tell Calipari,” Washington said. “Calipari was like, ‘Do you think he could do it?’ I said, ‘Honestly, it doesn’t matter, because he’s not going.’ He said, ‘OK, if you say so.’ Because everything I’ve said has happened.”

LINK

Calipari in postgame says, “I have told his parents that I am not going to put him in a position where he hurts himself. I am not. And we’re going to do this, the process of this, and if he ends up playing this year because he’s capable of doing it and he can play, we’ll play him. But I’m not just shoving him in so we can win another game or stay closer. I’m not going to do that.”
LINK

"The last couple days he’s stepped on the gas a little bit and done some things," Calipari said. "I think our team would like me to put him in. We're doing stuff and something happens in practice, he does something, they all kind of look at me like, 'Come on now, If that's who he is, put him in.'"
LINK

Feb 2 - UK defeats Vanderbilt 77-70. Sharpe does not play and has not played a minute.

Summary:

Calipari stated flatly that he withheld the fact that he did not intend to play Sharpe so that he could create buzz around him. Since then he has said, numerous times, that he a) is not ready and b) will play if he's ready and c) he will not play the 'kid' if it hurts his draft status. He has even said all three things in the same interview.

It's very likely that Calipari continues to tease because this continues to create buzz around Sharpe and keep fans interested. This is like a game to him. It's likely because he already admitted doing it.

Dwayne Washington stated that everybody except Calipari knew that Sharpe would be eligible for the draft THIS YEAR. In fact, he did NOT state that Calipari didn't know - he stated that he himself did not TELL Calipari. That doesn't mean Calipari didn't know. In fact, if Calipari DID know before the season and let him join this year anyway, that might have created bad press. So Washington's statement is a bit of cover for Calipari. He also stated Sharpe will play at UK next year. Who knows if any of it is true.

So we're to BELIEVE that EVERYBODY EXCEPT CALIPARI knew that Sharpe was eligible for the draft BEFORE the season.

Referring to your Jan 7 excerpt

You do realize being unsure whether or not Sharpe is going to play is not the same as:

"hiding his plan of Sharpe not playing from the public to keep the buzz going."

Saying something like "we don't have a plan for him to play this year" is not the same as "Sharpe is not playing this year"

I.E. "I don't plan on changing jobs this year" is not the same as saying "I will not change jobs this year"

Sure I don't plan on finding a new job this year but that doesn't mean I'm opposed to finding one.

You're misinterpreting what even you quote Cal as saying.

Sharpe will either play or he won't, stop complaining. We're number 5 in the nation and have one of the best teams in Cal's tenure.

OP you were starting to come around as a poster. But since you say you said all along you were right on this, then just drop it. Because I knew from the start. If your going to say your right so much leave it be. He isn't playing. Stop these threads i knew the first week he was at UK he wasn't playing. If he was so good he would have. If he was planning on playing here next year he'd play this year dohhhh
A guy with 1/9 the likes I have tells me I was coming around as a poster...LOL ok I'll be sure to check with you before I post anything else, Junior.

LINK

LINK

LINK

LINK

LINK

LINK

LINK

LINK

LINK

LINK

LINK

Summary:

63whp2.jpg

What makes you feel better about yourself is that you think people give a hot sht about your opinions. I guess that's why you keep recycling your accounts - you get your widdle feefees hurt when people block you - as I'm doing now.

You're just mad because you're a Cal fanboi and you don't like seeing him exposed as a tricky liar. And thanks for the smilie emoji - it proves that you're a fan.
Thanks for letting me control what you do! 😉

I’m not quite sure either. It’s actually pretty odd. Only thing I can figure is it’s maybe a somewhat slight to Cal. Anyway, it doesn’t bother me in the least.
At this point as long as we’re winning and not decimated to heck with injuries I could not care less.

either he plays or he won’t. And not a single one of us have any control over it.

At this point as long as we’re winning and not decimated to heck with injuries I could not care less.

either he plays or he won’t. And not a single one of us have any control over it.
There’s a couple qualifiers in your statement. What if we lost 2 or 3 in a row or have a couple players injured, you gonna care then? What if he doesn’t play this year or next year, gonna care then?

Personally, as long as he either plays this year or next year, I’m perfectly fine with it. It’s absolutely unacceptable if the kid never plays a game for UK, however. I’ve always wanted him more for next season anyway. At this point, it’s almost too late to even add him to this year’s rotation.

EDIT: In any event, if posters wanna create threads about Sharpe, why the hell should anyone care? Who’s gives a shit. I know I sure don’t.

There’s a couple qualifiers in your statement. What if we lost 2 or 3 in a row or have a couple players injured, you gonna care then? What if he doesn’t play this year or next year, gonna care then?

Personally, as long as he either plays this year or next year, I’m perfectly fine with it. It’s absolutely unacceptable if the kid never plays a game for UK, however. I’ve always wanted him more for next season anyway. At this point, it’s almost too late to even add him to this year’s rotation.

EDIT: In any event, if posters wanna create threads about Sharpe, why the hell should anyone care? Who’s gives a shit. I know I sure don’t.

oh I will be cheesed if he never plays. But I can’t worry about that right now. Not a thing I can do. Now yes, if we have injuries, I will place greater stress on it.

This is pretty much how I feel Cowtown. I

Ultimately if Sharpe never plays here at all it is a black eye to Cal and UK. It is one thing for the kid to sit on the bench and another to make money off of it and things to be teased on Twitter by UK directly.

My logic tells me UK and Cal aren't that dumb....we will have to see.

This one should answer a lot of questions and settle a lot of arguments. It's got all the dates and all the quotes in the right place.
I, for one, appreciate you putting this together.

The "ho-hum", smart aleck contingent of the fan base may not like what you did here (because it doesn't help their narrative), but it doesn't matter. You have everything right there, with all the quotes. You should update this as more information comes in. It's useful to the discussions because it presents all the factual quotes.

We don't have control over anything we discuss here.

But we have to acknowledge that this is one of the more fascinating developments in the history of UK basketball: we have the #1 high school prospect, sitting on the bench in a potential Final Four season, and no one knows if he's going to play for UK at any point.

It makes sense that on a discussion board, our fans want to discuss this. It's such a bizarre situation.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT