ADVERTISEMENT

Shaedon Sharpe TIMELINE

A guy I know had a Hellcat Challenger. I may have the colors wrong but with the yellow key it had 707 horsepower and with the black key it had 500 horsepower. A lot of our fans would be happy driving it around with the black key all the time.
Who is the yellow key in this analogy?

Sometimes the number 1 players comes saddled with unique circumstances. You want to give it a shot or would you prefer someone else did?
To be honest buddy if he never plays for UK then Cal should never recruit the #1 player to come here! Last I checked you’re at UK to play basketball not just use UK for a practicing facility to get ready for the NBA draft! There is no unique circumstances to that I don’t care if you’re recruit #1-100

The sooner that you realize that Sharpe and Cal don't answer to you, the better

Cal may not be a king, but he is the coach. He gets to make the call to help kids in the best way that he sees fit. None of us have to like it, but we also don't get a vote.

Actually, you do have an opportunity to make your voice heard. Tell the UK administration your kid will be transferring to UL because Cal raised the tuition rate.
Now you're starting to get a clue. When Sharpe leaves for the 22 draft and never plays here, you'll see an exodus and then we'll see if Cal is held accountable.

And I'll be here telling you that I said it first.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
No, you're exactly who I thought you were. Your self-description here only cements my impression.

You're the kind of patient we're trained to be cautious around. He/she enters the office, talks about what a malpracticing idiot their former doc was, and immediately starts praising you, your office, your front staff, the photo of your dog on the desk, and talking about how they know from Google that you're the best to ever do it.

The red flags don't get any brighter than that. That extreme up/down attribute characterizes most of the loudest negative posters on the board. They can't regulate emotion, so their outrageous expectations come crashing down on them when not met (which is almost always).

You were a fan of Cal his whole career and were "loyal" to him before? You spent your free time tirelessly defending his honor from your friends and relatives? Given your energy level, that sounds absolutely exhausting.

I don't think he's a particularly great or evil man. He's a basketball coach - he's not Anne Frank. He's not a war hero.

He deserves "loyalty" to the extent that no remotely viable alternative in CBB can compete with him in the long run. Add that to the fact that exhibits generally decent behavior and recruits good kids, and yeah - it's wholly logical to tolerate the occasional down year and frequent annoying interview quotes. He's among the best at what he does and with all the debauchery you see with college coaches, you never have to worry about Pitino-type nonsense with him.

And look, I'm not here to launch personal attacks and call you stupid. You can take that approach if you wish. I think overly-emotional people bring a lot to the table in certain areas. But the only people who love Cal with the intensity of the Cal haters are the same up/down types who are just temporarily on the other side of the pendulum.
This insanely nonsensical post just shows what happens when a narcissist with an Internet Psychology Degree convinces themselves they've got somebody figured out. You don't know the first thing about me, and I don't give a rat's ass what you think. I debated even trying to explain anything to you, but you're too myopic and linear in your thinking to bother to reason with. You can eff right off. You're blocked along with the other name-callers and haters.

THIS is why it's better just to ignore people rather than reason with idiots. Just tell people to eff off and block them. People like you are not worth the time and effort.

And BallerCal, thanks for bumping my thread yet again!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ManOfManyNames
The sooner that you realize that Sharpe and Cal don't answer to you, the better

Cal may not be a king, but he is the coach. He gets to make the call to help kids in the best way that he sees fit. None of us have to like it, but we also don't get a vote.

Actually, you do have an opportunity to make your voice heard. Tell the UK administration your kid will be transferring to UL because Cal raised the tuition rate.
Exactly Cal answers to the draft and not the fans.

Reactions: LowCountryCat
You are one miserable fan! We are 18-4 and ranked #5 and you can't stfu about a guy not playing...
You just don’t get it. IDC of we are 40-0. Cal letting a player user our facilities, use our city snd state for NIL, and not play a second is WRONG. Fans built this program from nothing. Rupp would be ashamed that Cal is letting a player use UK like a blood sucking parasite. We see what you Cal fan types are doing by misdirecting attention on the season. IDK if you guys are Cal fans and not UK fans, trolls, or just don’t want to admit you are wrong.

You often have good takes...this ain't one of those times
It’s cool man. We can disagree. 👍
Now you're starting to get a clue. When Sharpe leaves for the 22 draft and never plays here, you'll see an exodus and then we'll see if Cal is held accountable.

And I'll be here telling you that I said it first.
i don’t need a clue. I know exactly how this works. The difference is, I know how to reign in my feelings. Do you want a cookie for being ‘first’?

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
If Sharpe returns next season then Cal deserves 100% of the credit ,he is a mastermind.

If Sharpe does not return then Cal needs to be called on the carpet and told he needs to retire or move to another position. He sold out the program for his benefit or the benefit of an individual player. The UK administration doesn't have the balls to do this
but anyone who calls himself/herself a UK fan should boycott attendance next season until Cal addresses publicly what he did. He nor his players first mentality is bigger then the UK basketball program. If he doesn't understand that then he should go

The one that got picked in the first round without risking his health.
“Risking his health”
Every player risks his health when he steps on the court, Patterson. Bro, it’s part of being an athlete. Extend that thought no top 25 recruit should play because he might roll and ankle. But he risks the same thing in the NBA. So maybe Sharpe can be the most famous NBA benchwarmer ever.

Answer me this one question, when did you start putting a players health over winning?

If Sharpe returns next season then Cal deserves 100% of the credit ,he is a mastermind.

If Sharpe does not return then Cal needs to be called on the carpet and told he needs to retire or move to another position. He sold out the program for his benefit or the benefit of an individual player. The UK administration doesn't have the balls to do this
but anyone who calls himself/herself a UK fan should boycott attendance next season until Cal addresses publicly what he did. He nor his players first mentality is bigger then the UK basketball program. If he doesn't understand that then he should go
Why can’t people see this. It is right in their faces. If Sharpe doesn’t play and is drafted he used UK. Coach Cal failed his job and lied when he said he’d never let a player take the program hostage. Cal plays Sharpe and I will gladly eat crow. I want what is best for the program.

“Risking his health”
Every player risks his health when he steps on the court, Patterson. Bro, it’s part of being an athlete. Extend that thought no top 25 recruit should play because he might roll and ankle. But he risks the same thing in the NBA. So maybe Sharpe can be the most famous NBA benchwarmer ever.

Answer me this one question, when did you start putting a players health over winning?
First, I’m not your bro. Second, I want him to play. BADLY. And I’m from the generation that would have played for the love of the game. But he doesn’t owe me anything. Nor you.
It’s a business decision. He will be picked in the first round whether he plays or not. So why risk it? CERTAINLY NOT BECAUSE YOU THINK HE OWES IT TO YOU TO PLAY.

My position on this is simple. I still believe Cal knew the entire time Sharpe was eligible and leaving. He doesn’t land those kinds of kids anymore so he wanted the notoriety, for himself mainly. I do think it’s possible he thought maybe it could turn the tide, but with him leaving without contributing? How could that turn a tide other than top prospects wanting to take the same route?

If Sharpe does not play at UK Calipari needs to be told that’s the last time that’s going to happen. You are not allowed to sign players who are not going to play at UK. They have too many other options and it’s not fair to the players here, the fans, or the program that other men built.

Knock it off or leave.

First, I’m not your bro. Second, I want him to play. BADLY. And I’m from the generation that would have played for the love of the game. But he doesn’t owe me anything. Nor you.
It’s a business decision. He will be picked in the first round whether he plays or not. So why risk it? CERTAINLY NOT BECAUSE YOU THINK HE OWES IT TO YOU TO PLAY.
Yeah you just don’t get it. He owes it to every fans because we built the institution he is using.

If he’s not playing Then he needs to be told to leave the bench because the UK bench is for UK players and he isn’t one.

You can think it’s a good business decision for him and also say but hey, if you’re not playing, someone should tell him to leave the bench.

The reason he’s at UK and not Duke is because K wouldn’t have allowed this. That’s why he’s got 5 titles and Cal has 1.

And I’ll never understand fans actually play with this entire scenario. It’s madness for a fan to go down this road. Fans should defend the program, let the players families and handlers defend them.

Not who you were replying to but it has nothing to do with Sharpe or his circle. It has everything to do with John Calipari and his relationship with UK, the institution he works for(not the other way around) Cal owes UK and the fans his best effort to put the best team he can on the floor. He has failed to do that, that is on him. If his personal beliefs or agenda don't line up with that then he needs to find a place where those things coincide

This was a no win situation. Either we take him and he bolts and never plays, leaving the narrative that Cal knew it was the plan all along and just allowed it to happen. Or we don't take him, he and his camp are being honest about him playing next year, and he ends up somewhere else like Duke and the narrative is then Cal can't recruit anymore.

What would you complainers have done differently? How would you have navigated it?

No they didn’t. So you’ve got nothing? Exactly.

And Wiseman left the program when he was done playing. Exactly my point. None of those are similar to this if he never plays here and you trying to twist it won’t work.
It's pretty much the exact scenario with all but Orton. They all quit to protect their draft stock. Orton just rarely ever played and bolted at the first opportunity. Pretty sure Clarke did the same last year.

• Haha
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
My position on this is simple. I still believe Cal knew the entire time Sharpe was eligible and leaving. He doesn’t land those kinds of kids anymore so he wanted the notoriety, for himself mainly. I do think it’s possible he thought maybe it could turn the tide, but with him leaving without contributing? How could that turn a tide other than top prospects wanting to take the same route?

If Sharpe does not play at UK Calipari needs to be told that’s the last time that’s going to happen. You are not allowed to sign players who are not going to play at UK. They have too many other options and it’s not fair to the players here, the fans, or the program that other men built.

Knock it off or leave.
By their mindset we should stop playing games, televise our practices and celebrate draft picks like titles. A players over program mindset.

It's pretty much the exact scenario with all but Orton. They all quit to protect their draft stock. Orton just rarely ever played and bolted at the first opportunity. Pretty sure Clarke did the same last year.

Then LEAVE the program.

All of those guys PLAYED.

Orton played a lot good grief.

Wiseman PLAYED, and when he was done he LEFT THE PROGRAM.

Sharpe isn’t PLAYING and probably going to LEAVE. Sharpe stats if he leaves next season.

lies - 3
Minutes played - 0

Play or leave the bench. If you want to play next season then you can sit on the bench where UK players sit. He’s not a UK player he doesn’t contribute. So what Calipari should say is you can sit on the bench when you’re a player. Until then chill in the locker room until you decide what you’re going to do.

Nice try but that’s a huge fail.

They’re ate up in Calipari coach speak. If he was doing this at Indiana they’d rip him limb to limb. That’s the damn truth.
An IU poster said UK sold their soul. Grom, can you disagree? I can’t.

We’re entitled for caring now. Entitled. There are posters here that have been following since Rupp. Buying tickets and memorabilia. Listening to games in the radio. Then watching games on those tiny tube TVs in black and white. Have they contributed nothing to the program?

Last edited:
An IU poster said UK sold their soul. Grom, can you disagree? I can’t.

If it was permanent I’d say yes. No other coaches would allow this type of stuff except JC. So hopefully we get a few titles out of it and can look back fondly and without worrying about these types of things in the moment. The next guy will for sure be a traditional type so in that respect nah, we just did what it took to win.

According to your logic, TyTy and Toppin should sit out the rest of the season and not risk their health anymore.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Then LEAVE the program.

All of those guys PLAYED.

Orton played a lot good grief.

Wiseman PLAYED, and when he was done he LEFT THE PROGRAM.

Sharpe isn’t PLAYING and probably going to LEAVE. Sharpe stats if he leaves next season.

lies - 3
Minutes played - 0

Play or leave the bench. If you want to play next season then you can sit on the bench where UK players sit. He’s not a UK player he doesn’t contribute. So what Calipari should say is you can sit on the bench when you’re a player. Until then chill in the locker room until you decide what you’re going to do.

Nice try but that’s a huge fail.
Hahaha, so your solution is to shame a player who is doing exactly what was planned all along... to practice and learn for next year? Thank God you aren't the coach. Sounds like a BCG tactic.

Wiseman played 2 games, had to sit, had the University spend a shit ton of money on legal counsel to get him cleared and he then immediately bolted. He still took all their resources while there.

Allen is averaging more minutes in his career than Orton did. I don't think anyone would accuse Allen of playing a lot. 🤣

I can tell you are someone who allows emotions to control you instead if logical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT