ADVERTISEMENT

Shaedon Sharpe TIMELINE

This was a no win situation. Either we take him and he bolts and never plays, leaving the narrative that Cal knew it was the plan all along and just allowed it to happen. Or we don't take him, he and his camp are being honest about him playing next year, and he ends up somewhere else like Duke and the narrative is then Cal can't recruit anymore.

What would you complainers have done differently? How would you have navigated it?
Thanks for admitting that this ENTIRE scenario is about Calipari getting to put the gold star of recruiting Sharpe into his scrapbook.

How stupid can you be. If Sharpe doesn't play, did Cal REALLY recruit him? Nope. The entire thing is a FICTION and YOU bought it because you're an idiot.

Let him suck another program’s blood.
Then you would bitch that we can’t get the top guys. Look, it’s high risk- high reward. Actually it’s low-risk high reward, or no reward but again, no risk. I don’t know this kid from Adam. I don’t know what his plans are. But I refuse to cry into my pillow about what could maybe happen after the season.

Thanks for admitting that this ENTIRE scenario is about Calipari getting to put the gold star of recruiting Sharpe into his scrapbook.

How stupid can you be. If Sharpe doesn't play, did Cal REALLY recruit him? Nope. The entire thing is a FICTION and YOU bought it because you're an idiot.
So, I see you didn't block me!

How is it about putting a gold star for Cal? Could it be he simply is hoping the Sharpes are being honest like the rest of us and Shaedon will suit up for us next season? Could it be he didn't want to risk completely losing out on a good player if he has a shot to coach him?

You're resorting to a lot of insufficient conclusions to spin a narrative!

So, I see you didn't block me!

How is it about putting a gold star for Cal? Could it be he simply is hoping the Sharpes are being honest like the rest of us and Shaedon will suit up for us next season? Could it be he didn't want to risk completely losing out on a good player if he has a shot to coach him?

You're resorting to a lot of insufficient conclusions to spin a narrative!
No, you admitted what you thought it was. Now you're trying to walk it back. But your original opinion is memorialized and now you look like a fool. LOL Speaking of spinning narratives.

Your quote: ..."and the narrative is then Cal can't recruit anymore."

• Haha
Reactions: ManOfManyNames

Lol, Dontaie actually averaged more in his one complete season so far. He is averaging about 1 minute less for his career. You're right, this changes everything! 🤣
So what? This is about Orton, not Allen. Nice try at a red herring...And Allen is a REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE, so that says more about him than it does about Orton. You're not even comparing apples to apples.

Your words, AGAIN: "Orton just rarely ever played and bolted at the first opportunity." Under NO definition is 38 games 13 min per game "RARELY."

You're just mad you got caught not researching before you popped off.

And you don't get away with it.

EDIT: Allen plays 7.7 MPG, approximately HALF the minutes Orton played.

You FAIL again.

So what? This is about Orton, not Allen. Nice try at a red herring...And Allen is a junior, so that says more about him than it does about Orton. You're not even comparing apples to apples.

Your words, AGAIN: "Orton just rarely ever played and bolted at the first opportunity." Under NO definition is 38 games 13 min per game "RARELY."

You're just mad you got caught not researching before you popped off.

And you don't get away with it.

EDIT: Allen plays 7.7 MPG, approximately HALF the minutes Orton played.

You FAIL again.
It's about comparing players who we all agree don't play a lot. How do you reckon that makes it a red herring? Do you even know what a red herring argument is? Don't Google it. Actually tell us in your own words. 🤔

You seemed fine with DA comparison when you thought you were proving it wrong. Also, Allen is a redshirt sophomore. If you paid much attention to the stats I posted, you would see that RS is listed for his first year. That means redshirt! Remember that reading comprehension advice you were trying to give out earlier?!? You should maybe consider utilizing it yourself.

Allen played 14mpg last year and is averaging about 12pmg for his career. That means he averaged more his first year playing than Orton did, and he is very close to Orton's minutes for his career so far. I certainly wouldn't claim Allen plays much. Maybe you interpret much a bit differently than is common.

Not sure where I failed, unlike you failing to block me as you said. That makes you a liar. 😉

Last edited:
It's about comparing players who we all agree don't play a lot. How do you reckon that makes it a red herring? Do you even know what a red herring argument is? Don't Google it. Actually tell us in your own words. 🤔

You seemed fine with DA comparison when you thought you were proving it wrong. Also, Allen is a redshirt sophomore. If you paid much attention to the stats I posted, you would see that RS is listed for his first year. That means redshirt! Remember that reading comprehension advice you were trying to give out earlier?!? You should maybe consider utilizing it yourself.

Allen played 14mpg last year and is averaging about 12pmg for his career. Very close to Orton's minutes. I certainly wouldn't claim Allen plays a much.

Not sure where I failed, unlike you failing to block me as you said. That makes you a liar. 😉
Uh...look at my quote. It says 'REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE.'

You blind?

Stop trying to spin. You used a bad analogy and got caught. You said Orton played LESS than Allen's FULL season.

Just take the L, dude.

• Haha
What will your position be if Sharpe never plays here and goes to the NBA?
Don’t get it twisted sister…….I have expressed NO position. I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. But if you twist my arm I’d say my position would be to gobble up the best players possible and deal with their shit when the time comes.

I’ve actually coached a lot of ball, in 3 different sports. Sometimes you have to eat a few turds to get your belly full. Take the best dudes. Figure it out later.

Nope, it isn't. I see it right now.
Then I guess reading isn't your thing. Post 177 in this thread shows plain as day you called him a junior. Which is why you're so worked up over it. You made an error, everyone can see it and that matters to you.

I predict one of your 20 cats is about to get kicked. 🤣

Dude if Sharpe plays this year or next you my friend are going to look like an idiot!

The reason he’s at UK and not Duke is because K wouldn’t have allowed this. That’s why he’s got 5 titles and Cal has 1.
I know u didn’t say it gromcat but I’m quoting your post as an example. A previous poster made the comment that he didn’t know if those of us not attacking cal over sharpe were never really fans of the program or we’re just trolls. I think it’s hilarious that just because we don’t jump to conclusions and attack cal over something that hasn’t happened yet that we can be accused of not being true UK fans, when in the quoted comment above. Gromcat who has been attacking cal over this sharpe thing actually praises Coach K and duke….so which of us are the real UK fans?

Reactions: Jperry1987
I know u didn’t say it gromcat but I’m quoting your post as an example. A previous poster made the comment that he didn’t know if those of us not attacking cal over sharpe were never really fans of the program or we’re just trolls. I think it’s hilarious that just because we don’t jump to conclusions and attack cal over something that hasn’t happened yet that we can be accused of not being true UK fans, when in the quoted comment above. Gromcat who has been attacking cal over this sharpe thing actually praises Coach K and duke….so which of us are the real UK fans?
See, I don't get this reasoning. How does stating the fact that K has 5 titles, which is a fact, make him NOT a UK fan? Please explain this. Are UK fans supposed to ignore any information other than that related to UK?

• Haha
See, I don't get this reasoning. How does stating the fact that K has 5 titles, which is a fact, make him NOT a UK fan? Please explain this. Are UK fans supposed to ignore any information other than that related to UK?
He didn’t just state that k has more titles, he was practically gloating in comparing K having more titles than cal never mind the fact that coach K had to replicate cal’s recruiting style in order to stay relevant and win one of those titles but that’s beside the point. And to answer your question I would say, the same way you think if someone supports the program then they shouldn’t give a **** about the players then I would say if someone is a UK fan then they shouldn’t give a **** about coach K.

There is no question for me to answer. Im not the one pissing and moaning that he has not played yet. Especially when the season is not over
There are two sides to that coin. What, you afraid to confront the reality if I'm proven right? Nah, you only want to obliquely call me an idiot. Cheap shots are worth every penny, champ.

@LowCountryCat

What would you have done in this scenario as head coach:

Top rated player commits to your team in Sept. Couple of months later he says he wants to reclassify at the winter break and join the team in January to practice and get better prepared for the next season. Doesn't have a plan to play this year.

Do you take him?
Do you stipulate you will only allow it if he plays right away?
Do you tell him no way?
Do you tell him he can't make any NIL deals until he plays, which is illegal btw?

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
He didn’t just state that k has more titles, he was practically gloating in comparing K having more titles than cal never mind the fact that coach K had to replicate cal’s recruiting style in order to stay relevant and win one of those titles but that’s beside the point. And to answer your question I would say, the same way you think if someone supports the program then they shouldn’t give a **** about the players then I would say if someone is a UK fan then they shouldn’t give a **** about coach K.
"Practically gloating..." You got that from ONE single sentence? You're reading things into the typed word that aren't there. Filtering through your own prism with confirmation bias.

It's hard to argue against K having more success than Cal, isn't it? He has 5 titles and over 1100 wins. That's just a fact. Him stating that is not gloating. He was clearly making a point that maybe K is doing something better or smarter than Cal. Is that even POSSIBLE in your mind? Or are you so far up Cal's ass that when he sneezes he brings up your breakfast?

• Haha
Couple of months later he says he wants to reclassify at the winter break and join the team in January to practice and get better prepared for the next season. Doesn't have a plan to play this year.
Just so we’re being accurate the story as I know it is Cal is the one that convinced sharpe to reclassify because he would benefit more from practicing with the team than playing another year of high school ball and he was already eligible to graduate.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
It's hard to argue against K having more success than Cal, isn't it? He has 5 titles and over 1100 wins. That's just a fact. Him stating that is not gloating. He was clearly making a point that maybe K is doing something better or smarter than Cal. Is that even POSSIBLE in your mind? Or are you so far up Cal's ass that when he sneezes he brings up your breakfast?
Ok this is an entire paragraph of praise so am I reading too much into it to call this “gloating”? I don’t think so, honestly u sound more like a duke fan than a Uk fan like wtf? And to answer your question if K is doing something better and smarter than cal then why did K have to replicate everything Cal was doing to continue to stay relevant and win. I didn’t see cal getting beaten in the first round by Lehigh when he was recruiting one and domes like K did. Matter of fact while you heap praise on those 5 titles you magically forget how many times duke has lost in the first round under K isn’t it twice in the past 10 years? Meanwhile cal has never lost in the first round at UK so what makes K so great? I guarantee u give cal 40 years like K had he can win 4 more titles too

Ok this is an entire paragraph of praise so am I reading too much into it to call this “gloating”? I don’t think so, honestly u sound more like a duke fan than a Uk fan like wtf? And to answer your question if K is doing something better and smarter than cal then why did K have to replicate everything Cal was doing to continue to stay relevant and win. I didn’t see cal getting beaten in the first round by Lehigh when he was recruiting one and domes like K did. Matter of fact while you heal praise on those 5 titles you magically forget how many times duke has lost in the first round under K isn’t it twice in the past 10 years? Meanwhile cal has never lost in the first round at UK so what makes K so great? I guarantee u give cal 40 years like K had he can win 4 more titles too
And there it is. Anything other than pure hatred for K, even acknowledging that he has 5 titles, means I'm not a fan.

And of course, if I counter any of your specious, silly arguments, you'll just double down on that because in doing so I end up criticizing Cal, right?

For example, you say that Cal never lost to Lehigh while recruiting one and dones. But didn't he lose to Robert Morris? You know, in the NIT? Oh yeah. How about IU in the second round? Or missing the tournament altogether, LAST YEAR? But me bringing that up makes me an 'un' fan, right? Never mind that you just displayed your stupidity for all the world to see.

You DO have your head up Cal's ass, one trick pony.

Then you would bitch that we can’t get the top guys. Look, it’s high risk- high reward. Actually it’s low-risk high reward, or no reward but again, no risk. I don’t know this kid from Adam. I don’t know what his plans are. But I refuse to cry into my pillow about what could maybe happen after the season.
nailed it

i love your precrying statement, that rock hit a couple of dogs in a small pack

There are two sides to that coin. What, you afraid to confront the reality if I'm proven right? Nah, you only want to obliquely call me an idiot. Cheap shots are worth every penny, champ.
The only reality is what we have been told from the beginning. Sharpe was not intended to be played this year, was recruited for next year, essentially sitting this year out to practice and get into college shape. Was told there was a chance he would play if coaches and Sharpe himself though he was ready.
The season is NOT over, he is still practicing with the team, and he has NOT changed his stance on anything he or his camp previously said. Until this season is over and he declares for the draft, all we have to go by are what we were told his plans and intentions were from the beginning. That is the reality of the situation NOT this pre conceived notion you have made up that Cal and Sharpe have duped us fans.

The only reality is what we have been told from the beginning. Sharpe was not intended to be played this year, was recruited for next year, essentially sitting this year out to practice and get into college shape. Was told there was a chance he would play if coaches and Sharpe himself though he was ready.
The season is NOT over, he is still practicing with the team, and he has NOT changed his stance on anything he or his camp previously said. Until this season is over and he declares for the draft, all we have to go by are what we were told his plans and intentions were from the beginning. That is the reality of the situation NOT this pre conceived notion you have made up that Cal and Sharpe have duped us fans.
Yeah thanks, I WROTE that timeline, in this very thread, I'm well aware of what happened. Congrats for c/p'ing what I already said. And no, I do not HAVE to go by ANYTHING he says. He has been talking out of both sides of his mouth vis-a-vis Sharpe for weeks now. THAT is the reality of the situation. And when it comes to pass, you'll know that I was right and you were wrong. But until then, stuff your head up your ass and enjoy the smell.

Just so we’re being accurate the story as I know it is Cal is the one that convinced sharpe to reclassify because he would benefit more from practicing with the team than playing another year of high school ball and he was already eligible to graduate.
The Sharpes had been planning a reclassification since Shaedon transfered from Canada to the US. That was 2+ years ago.

Reactions: TFCats11
I've read a lot of threads about Sharpe including this one. There are a LOT of people that seem very angry about a situation that has yet to unfold and I'm not sure I understand it.

Let's say Sharpe does not play this season. My understanding from everything I have read is that has been the plan all along. Sure, there have been some teasers put out there that he might play, but nothing definitive. Since he is eligible for the NBA draft, in this situation, there are 2 scenarios that could play out. #1, he enters and is drafted having never played a game here, or #2 he does not enter and stays another year.

If scenario #1 plays out, I am not sure I understand who is a victim in this scenario. As a fan, I know I am certainly not. Maybe the businesses that gave him NIL money, but that's not really my concern. Because he never played a game here, I don't know if he would have been an addition, a role player, or a detriment. I assume he has been a welcome addition to practice and is helping the team on that end. Either way, I don't know. As far as I am concerned, no harm no foul, whatever.

If scenario #2 plays out, there are two things that could happen. To me, this is where it gets more real. If he stays for a second year, plays and contributes, I do not see a problem. I have no idea how good he may or not be because I have never seen him play. But I am sure if he plays, he will give it his all so as to make the best future possible for himself. Good for everyone.

However, if for some reason he stays and does not play, then that is just dumb on his part, because he could have left after the first season and likely still gotten drafted. If that happens, I will be very surprised. And he will truly be a wasted recruit. But either way, I have lost nothing as a fan other than the possible what might've been's. Which at that point are still completely unknown.

I mean, I guess you could argue the scholarship money if you want, but that seems minuscule to me. I guess you could say you were somehow "lied to" by someone that owes you nothing, but I am not sure I see that argument. I guess what I am wondering is this, what harm have I been done, as a fan, if this player does not play? Like emotional damage or something? I don't get it.

And there it is. Anything other than pure hatred for K, even acknowledging that he has 5 titles, means I'm not a fan.

And of course, if I counter any of your specious, silly arguments, you'll just double down on that because in doing so I end up criticizing Cal, right?

For example, you say that Cal never lost to Lehigh while recruiting one and dones. But didn't he lose to Robert Morris? You know, in the NIT? Oh yeah. How about IU in the second round? Or missing the tournament altogether, LAST YEAR? But me bringing that up makes me an 'un' fan, right? Never mind that you just displayed your stupidity for all the world to see.

You DO have your head up Cal's ass, one trick pony.
Does anybody else magically lose posting privileges every time they respond to a post from low country cat? Surely he isn’t reporting any post just because it disagrees with him purely to stop that poster from responding. Because that would be abusing the privileges of the board correct? So mods I hope you’re watching if he tries to report this post too.

Now to the topic at hand. I hope everyone is watching because this supposed UK fan is now defending Duke on this board but calling everyone else non UK fans and trolls. My guy….DUKE MISSED THE NCAA TOURNAMENT LAST YEAR! How can u POSSIBLY attack cal the way u do for missing the tournament and in the same list defend K for missing the exact same tournament, never mind he had a player opt out before the end of the first semester so he basically held the team hostage, committed decided it wasn’t worth it then quit to prepare for the draft. And here u are STILL defending K and calling everyone else stupid!?? The audacity of your hubris in shitting on cal and defending K when u still can’t explain away the fact that K has had to adopt everything that Cal does to win is incredible honestly. Like wow

I've read a lot of threads about Sharpe including this one. There are a LOT of people that seem very angry about a situation that has yet to unfold and I'm not sure I understand it.

Let's say Sharpe does not play this season. My understanding from everything I have read is that has been the plan all along. Sure, there have been some teasers put out there that he might play, but nothing definitive. Since he is eligible for the NBA draft, in this situation, there are 2 scenarios that could play out. #1, he enters and is drafted having never played a game here, or #2 he does not enter and stays another year.

If scenario #1 plays out, I am not sure I understand who is a victim in this scenario. As a fan, I know I am certainly not. Maybe the businesses that gave him NIL money, but that's not really my concern. Because he never played a game here, I don't know if he would have been an addition, a role player, or a detriment. I assume he has been a welcome addition to practice and is helping the team on that end. Either way, I don't know. As far as I am concerned, no harm no foul, whatever.

If scenario #2 plays out, there are two things that could happen. To me, this is where it gets more real. If he stays for a second year, plays and contributes, I do not see a problem. I have no idea how good he may or not be because I have never seen him play. But I am sure if he plays, he will give it his all so as to make the best future possible for himself. Good for everyone.

However, if for some reason he stays and does not play, then that is just dumb on his part, because he could have left after the first season and likely still gotten drafted. If that happens, I will be very surprised. And he will truly be a wasted recruit. But either way, I have lost nothing as a fan other than the possible what might've been's. Which at that point are still completely unknown.

I mean, I guess you could argue the scholarship money if you want, but that seems minuscule to me. I guess you could say you were somehow "lied to" by someone that owes you nothing, but I am not sure I see that argument. I guess what I am wondering is this, what harm have I been done, as a fan, if this player does not play? Like emotional damage or something? I don't get it.
It’s entitlement, nothing more. The people that are angry at this stage think sharpe/cal owes them something. It’s 2022.

Yeah thanks, I WROTE that timeline, in this very thread, I'm well aware of what happened. Congrats for c/p'ing what I already said. And no, I do not HAVE to go by ANYTHING he says. He has been talking out of both sides of his mouth vis-a-vis Sharpe for weeks now. THAT is the reality of the situation. And when it comes to pass, you'll know that I was right and you were wrong. But until then, stuff your head up your ass and enjoy the smell.
Nah we all smell enough shit; talking to and reading your gossip!
Have a wonderful night!

• Haha
Reactions: LowCountryCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT