ADVERTISEMENT

Ryder Cup

Well, you can't blame Justin Thomas. He proved he belonged this afternoon. His playing partner got left in America though, on the back 9. Speith was pitiful

Reactions: parrott
Well, you can't blame Justin Thomas. He proved he belonged this afternoon. His playing partner got left in America though, on the back 9. Speith was pitiful

A few good shots didn't prove that, plus he missed a crucial putt. He belongs on the end seat at the BW's bar waiting for his turn on Golden Tee.

UKO is such a clown. JT missed a 6 foot putt, and made several more, while playing by himself. Speith was a Grade A bum, JT showed some stones hanging in there, which is what he does even.

Your take that "anything previous is irrelevant" just proves how little you know about Match Play/Ryder Cup. By your standards, Poulter & Sergio would have missed several RC's if you were Captain, but instead dominated their entire careers in it despite what was going on in their personal game on Tour.

Nobody is happier with today's result than you are, that's for sure. Congrats Patriot!

• Haha
Reactions: parrott and cole854
^^^^at the end of the day, all of the hoopla and pagentry is awesome to see and be a part of. I will be at Bethpage in 2 yrs experiencing it. But in regards to the golf itself, it is still just 12 guys trying to hit great shots, and in the famous words of Tiger, it is just a glorified exhibition. Come Monday, outside of the bragging rights and the couch critics, It will all be forgotten for another 18+ months or so.

^^^^at the end of the day, all of the hoopla and pagentry is awesome to see and be a part of. I will be at Bethpage in 2 yrs experiencing it. But in regards to the golf itself, it is still just 12 guys trying to hit great shots, and in the famous words of Tiger, it is just a glorified exhibition. Come Monday, outside of the bragging rights and the couch critics, It will all be forgotten for another 18+ months or so.
Sorry but very much disagree, lots of players have said Ryder Cups were highlight of their career

That 9-7 beatdown is by far the worst spanking I’ve ever seen. Push 2 holes, lose 9, win 0, match over in 11. And that is supposedly our best 2 golfers, and one of the 2 Opp is barely removed from amateur. I can’t stand Koepka, he seems like a privileged whiny-ass frat-boy.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Sorry but very much disagree, lots of players have said Ryder Cups were highlight of their career
If winning a point is the highlight of a golfing career then that’s fine but that’s a Euro attitude. As long as the PGA, LIV golf, and Euro tour play for money that won’t be the American attitude. American golfers have to understand that it’s not about just hitting long drives.

Jim Furyk was special at choking in Ryder Cups and one of the worst captains ever but Zach is making a strong push for the top spot.

Reactions: parrott
I just turned it on a little while ago hoping the US team had won the morning session say 3-1 to cut into the lead. Folks can gripe about Zach about choosing this guy over that guy. But the US team is just flat out getting out played. The captain looks like a genius when players are playing well and winning. Not so much when they’re getting dominated.

Euros routinely make 15 to 20 footers. Americans other than Harman and Homa struggle with anything over 5 feet. Player choice has little to do with the beating. Although I feel bad for Scheffler being stuck with Koepka. If he wants to be the outsider asshole fine. Just doesn’t work in a team concept. Should have been Finau there instead.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Harmon is not watchable.
12 waggle before a swing, 11 glances at the hole before a putt. Just hit the damn ball.

Harmon is not watchable.
12 waggle before a swing, 11 glances at the hole before a putt. Just hit the damn ball.
I don’t remember him being that bad in the past. Seems to be a thing with guys where they can’t pull the trigger. He’ll get to a point where it negatively affects his game but right now he’s playing the best golf of his life so why change?

European players feel honored to play in the Ryder Cup.
American players see it as an obligation.

It's pretty much always been that way.

Not sure if it's true, but there is talk that the American team is fractured and Cantlay has a lot to do with it because he's not wearing a hat in protest that the US players aren't being paid to be there. Could be BS being drummed up by the ugly talloids over there because I think he often doesn't wear a hat.

So somehow the US team has to get 8.5 points tomorrow to retain the cup. So they need to win a minimum of 6-7 matches and tie a few. That’s a tall order. It happened in Brookline in ‘99. US trailed 10-6 going into Sunday singles and won 8.5 points to win. 🇺🇸

Brandel said some money from the Ryder Cup goes into the PGA Tour pension fund, they get to donate $200,000 to a charity of their choice, some of their sponsors pay Ryder Cup incentives and I’m sure there are other ways they make money off the exposure of the event. These guys don’t need to get paid to play in it.

Reactions: Tskware
Cannot believe that Fowler conceded a 3 foot putt that loses the cup. Announcers just said no way that will be conceded right as Fowler tells fleetwood to pick it up. Unbelievable!!!!!

• Sad
Reactions: Tskware

....and for some, this is their highlight, especially if they win, and/or they have no other accomplishments in their pro career. I seriously doubt you will find one major winner put their trophy/green jacket on the second tier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT