ADVERTISEMENT

Ryder Cup

So, will it be Tiger in New York as captain which seems like a perfect fit or does say Stewart Cink take the role and hold Tiger over until Ireland in 2027?

Might as well use Tiger at Bethpage. Were probably not winning in Europe as long as we continue to take 5 weeks off to sit on our money while they play tournaments up to the Cup.

Reactions: parrott
Might as well use Tiger at Bethpage. Were probably not winning in Europe as long as we continue to take 5 weeks off to sit on our money while they play tournaments up to the Cup.
Each of our guys should have been required to play at Fortinet. Hell Spieth just had a baby, where do u think his mind was for 3 days? We just stunk up the place.

Reactions: Tannerdad
When your attitude to just ignore Dustin, and Bryson because they play with LIV you deserve to lose. It’s America against Europe but now it’s PGA USA against PGA Europe.

I just really wonder how badly the Americans really want it. Spieth is still struggling with the same swing issues he has had forever and still keeps the same coach. He needs a second set of eyes but does he really care? These guys have so much money that I wonder what motivates them.

When your attitude to just ignore Dustin, and Bryson because they play with LIV you deserve to lose. It’s America against Europe but now it’s PGA USA against PGA Europe.

That's the way it's designed. Don't play by the rules, then see ya.

I just really wonder how badly the Americans really want it. Spieth is still struggling with the same swing issues he has had forever and still keeps the same coach. He needs a second set of eyes but does he really care? These guys have so much money that I wonder what motivates them.
They are like all of us. When our games stink we get extremely frustrated and sometimes leads to even worse things. The difference is they have access to world class teaching, facilities, etc etc plus enormous talent but I do think that most lose their edge when they become as rich as they do and other life events take more priority that takes the sting of losing away. The Tiger’s of the world who are able to reinvent their games/swings multiple times and continue to win are extremely rare and why I would never put Rory, Spieth or most of these other guys anywhere near the all time great’s conversation.

As for the next one, seems like a no brainer for Tiger to be the guy. He may be one of the few who can win it in spite of the usual suspects that have infested the team for years now as players and assistants.

And right on cue, reports are circulating, including quotes from Schauffle's father, that in fact money was an issue with the American team, Xander almost got removed from the team over some of these issues.

Geezus, don't guys like Scheffler, Speith, et al, have enough damn money to not want to play for the USA once every two years? Really pitiful if that is the case, I bet Keegan Bradley would have paid his own way to be on the team.

Reactions: cole854
And right on cue, reports are circulating, including quotes from Schauffle's father, that in fact money was an issue with the American team, Xander almost got removed from the team over some of these issues.

Geezus, don't guys like Scheffler, Speith, et al, have enough damn money to not want to play for the USA once every two years? Really pitiful if that is the case, I bet Keegan Bradley would have paid his own way to be on the team.

Yep...it's essentially an all expenses paid vacation for the guys, gals, caddies, etc. You're playing golf...not going on the front lines in Ukraine. If this is going to be the $entiment, then take your game to Dubai and good riddance.

Bradley, Glover, Theegala, Young....they would have gladly taken any spot in place of one of the spoiled brats.

That's the way it's designed. Don't play by the rules, then see ya.
That the rules of the PGA of America. You can’t say the best golfers in professional golf represent the USA. No one knows how they will shot but Bryson would have brought the Rome course to its knees and Dustin as well. Right or wrong, most fans want to put the 12 best golfers in play.

Reactions: parrott
At one point, the captains picks were strategic. Players who the course favored, got hot at the end of the season, or brought something special to the team were captains picks. Today, the captains pick their friends more often than not regardless if they are playing like hot garbage or not. I really wish that would change.

Reactions: Tskware and cole854
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT