ADVERTISEMENT

Ryder Cup

On a very minor local note, Straka becomes the first player that played at the Barbasol at Champions to play in a Ryder Cup, sort of thought Glover would make it two, but fully understand why Johnson did not pick him.
Dufner, Overton? Probably more.

My bad, should have said "first to play in Ryder Cup since the Barbasol was started". David Toms played at Champions one year as well,but all those RC appearances mentioned were long time ago

Last edited:
Reactions: cole854
Admittedly I don’t follow the personalities but is Speith considered a head case? Seems very well spoken and low key?
On the course, yes. Has been known to over think a lot of shots, blowups, yips on short putts, heated convos with caddy, etc.

Seems like a cool dude off the course though and is someone I root for.

If I was Donald, think I would pair the two young guys together at least once, think they might feed off each other in the better ball format at least

Reactions: cole854
Set your DVR's or adjust your sleep schedule....

https://www.si.com/golf/news/2023-ryder-cup-tv-times-scoring-format-how-it-works-rosters

2023 Ryder Cup TV schedule​

• Friday, Sept. 29: 1:30-noon, USA Network
  • Saturday, Sept. 30: 1:30-3 a.m. on USA Network and 3 a.m.-noon on NBC.
  • Sunday, Oct. 1: 5:30 a.m.-5 p.m., NBC

Friday, Sept. 29

1:35 a.m.:
Foursomes matches begin (four total)
6:25 a.m.: Fourball matches begin (four total)

Saturday, Sept. 30

1:35 a.m.:
Foursomes matches begin (four total)
6:25 a.m.: Fourball matches begin (four total)

Sunday, Oct. 1

5:35 a.m.:
Singles matches begin (12 total)

Reactions: TheShowKiller
Europe, i will say is so much more likeable now than they used to be with Poulter, Sergio, Westwood, Monty etc.

That being said i hope we can bring back the Ryder Cup to the USA. Its been 30 years since we won overseas.

F7DjoofX0AATi8K

Reactions: parrott
There was a stat Johnny Miller had about how poorly the US teams had performed over prior Ryder Cups on matches coming to the 18th hole. US had rarely won the 18th hole. It was a pretty staggering stat.

Hope the US team can get out to a good start in the morning session. I’ll catch up with them in the afternoon session of course that’ll be about 7am EST. 🇺🇸

Not sure what part of analytics said put Scheffler and his trash putting in alternate shot but go ahead and resign Zach. You clown

Good job Zach Johnson! Worst Ryder Cup Captain ever. But hey the WAGs of the boys club got a nice Italy vacation out of it

Good job Zach Johnson! Worst Ryder Cup Captain ever. But hey the WAGs of the boys club got a nice Italy vacation out of it

Captains rarely, if ever, have anything to do with this event. Only on the rare occasion will one of their decisions come into play. They have ZERO bearing on the next shot to be taken.

It's well past time to put the good ol boy BS to pasture. No one GAF if Scottie and Burns are great friends, for ex.

He left 10 majors on the bench this AM… that’s directly on Zach. He’s as milquetoast as they come.

All the political correct American picks goes down 0-4. Who thought that going 5 weeks without playing a match was a good idea for the American team.

He left 10 majors on the bench this AM… that’s directly on Zach. He’s as milquetoast as they come.

Irrelevant. Some of those majors didn't even belong in the event. And has been proven more often than not, past performances don't come into play.....this isn't horse racing.

What about the pressure for Tiger and the USA at Bethpage in 2 years with his awful record in Ryder Cups on home soil coming off a loss. And yes, its time to look ahead. This is ova.

What about the pressure for Tiger and the USA at Bethpage in 2 years with his awful record in Ryder Cups on home soil coming off a loss.

Pointless comment to even assume what the teams will be or how anyone is playing in 2 years, not to mention the past has no relevance.

Pointless comment to even assume what the teams will be or how anyone is playing in 2 years, not to mention the past has no relevance.
I mentioned a captain, i mentioned US soil, no clue what team will be but that's irrelevant. My point is there will be major pressure to win it back.

We got taken to the woodshed today. We had leads on the backside in 3 matches this afternoon and didn't win any of them. Need a big turnaround tomorrow or this thing is going to be basically over before we even get to Sunday. Europe's lead matches the largest in Ryder Cup history after Day 1.

Well, the task force will be 2-2 since it started. Considering we were 1-6 this century, its an improvement.

Should have had a one legged Tiger crawling around, Phil making bets w/ the crowd before shots, Daly doing pints, and Briny Baird serving PF Changs. #atmosphere #teambonding

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT