ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafters NBA Legends GM Draft: Resurrection Round

Which team would win a best of 7 playoff series on a neutral court?

• Cowtown Cat

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • hotelblue

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • BigBlueFanGA

• gossie21

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gossie21

All-American
Jan 24, 2005
Hopefully you have been following along, but our basic premise was to pick the team most likely to win a 7 game playoff series against the other teams. This round is slightly different because there are 4 teams so you will need to pick the team you think most likely to win against all the others. Or just vote based on your own individual criteria, it's not like anyone can stop you from doing that.

The teams competing are below.

Cowtown Cat

Oscar Robertson, G/F
Kevin Garnett, F
Kawhi Leonard, F
Tracy McGrady, G/F
Dwight Howard C

Reserves: Karl-Anthony Towns, C, Penny Hardaway, G, Ron Artest, F, Rip Hamilton, G, Antoine Walker, F, Horace Grant, F, Lamar Odem, F

Hotelblue

C- Alonzo Mourning
PF- Chris Webber
SF- Paul Pierce
SG- Kobe Bryant
PG- John Stockton

Reserves: Draymond Green, Glen Rice, Dennis Johnson, Mark Eaton, Jimmy Butler, Alvin Robertson, Jerry Sloan

BigBlueFanGA

Steve Nash
Dwayne Wade
Bernard King
Demarcus Cousins
Wilt Chamberlain

Reserves: Carmelo Anthony, Connie Hawkins, Sam Jones, Walt Bellamy, Damian Lillard, Kiki Vandeweghe, Jamal Crawford

Gossie21:
G - John Wall
SG - Ray Allen
SF - Reggie Miller
PF - Dennis Rodman
C - Hakeem Olajuwon

Reserves: Wes Unseld, Arvydas Sabonis, Devin Booker, Stephon Marbury, Tayshaun Prince, Steve Kerr, Andrei Kirilenko

I’ve stared and thought about this for 10 min straight and only confused myself even more. This is gonna be a tough one.

I’ve stared and thought about this for 10 min straight and only confused myself even more. This is gonna be a tough one.
It's easier to compare one team against another. It's a little more difficult comparing 4 teams at a time.

So let's get some discussion going. Lay out how you plan on playing your team and why your team is best going forward. I will wait an hour or so before weighing in with my team's strategy.

Draymond vs. Rodman? Draymond thinks he's crazy, Dennis would show him what crazy really is. Also they might play basketball if it doesn't interfere with their crazy competition.
draymond just needs to hold his own and facilitate until cweb comes in. i think he would.

Draymond vs. Rodman? Draymond thinks he's crazy, Dennis would show him what crazy really is. Also they might play basketball if it doesn't interfere with their crazy competition.
vs. Boogie. It may really be a battle royal.

Just curious the winner of this round.... should be exempt from vs. the same person until the finals.

Just curious the winner of this round.... should be exempt from vs. the same person until the finals.
Should be. Final-8 matchups haven't been set yet, but there were 3 teams that dropped out. The winner here should match up against one of those winners.

I am just thinking about that Olajuwon / Chamberlain match up.

WOW

Interesting votes. There is some sort of youth movement going on. Cowtown is in the lead even though he doesn't start a true point guard and he has no one to deal with Wilt. I don't see it but the voters apparently do.

Went with HotelBlue. His starting lineup has the least I don’t like about it, and he has a decent combination of defense and shooting off the bench.

If things get tight, my vote can be changed though. For a price.

Reactions: hotelblue
Dwight Howard can't lead a team, but he's a damn good defender. Like all time good. And having Garnett beside him and Leonard on the wing is a formidable defensive unit.

Especially with Oscar and T Mac's size and athleticism, although McGrady never guarded anyone.

His problem is his bench has a handful of guys who don't belong.

Reactions: drcats2013
Dwight Howard can't lead a team, but he's a damn good defender. Like all time good. And having Garnett beside him and Leonard on the wing is a formidable defensive unit.

Especially with Oscar and T Mac's size and athleticism, although McGrady never guarded anyone.

His problem is his bench has a handful of guys who don't belong.
Perhaps but Dwight isn't guarding Hakeem and certainly isn't guarding Kareem or Wilt.

Perhaps but Dwight isn't guarding Hakeem and certainly isn't guarding Kareem or Wilt.

No one is stopping those guys, but I do think he's far better than the average player they played their careers against.

He's also not a post threat against those guys though. He couldn't score on any of them. Not having to respect that threat in a format like this makes everyone else easier to guard.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
No one is stopping those guys, but I do think he's far better than the average player they played their careers against.

He's also not a post threat against those guys though. He couldn't score on any of them. Not having to respect that threat in a format like this makes everyone else easier to guard.
the defense on that team is awesome. my only issue with that starting 5 is ball handling. is taxing oscar quite a bit, and he (you’d think) is also a primary scorer. even with penny it’s a lot of high dribbling. even a player like rondo (strict facilitator) imo would make that 5 come to life. because there’s enough scoring between garnett/mcgrady/leonard to hang with anybody. sounds crazy knocking an all-time great, but i don’t it as the individual, just in terms of chemistry. you could have the whole thing run through oscar and have the others all be nice isolation players or cutters. so my issue is about bringing the ball up the court for 48 minutes. a lot of back to the defender dribbling i picture which takes time off the clock.

Cowtown still in the lead, ok, you voters should give an explanation. This is dumbfounding.

Went with Gossie because I think pairing Wall with Allen and Miller would be a harder combination to deal with than what anyone else has. And then you throw in Hakeem and one of the top 2 rebounders of all time in Rodman.

Seems like he has the by far the best balance.

Reactions: gossie21
Gossie if you get 1 more vote it will be a 4 way tie.... at this point we should just eliminate the entire group only fair

Reactions: hotelblue
Hmm someone switched their vote from Cowtown to Hotelblue 1 hour left to vote!

Completely forgot that yesterday was Monday. So who do we have officially advancing? I honestly didn't keep up with all of the first round threads.

Teams are listed in order 1-8

There were 8 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. 4
  2. 6
  3. 2
  4. 7
  5. 5
  6. 8
  7. 3
  8. 1
IP: 2605:a000:6444:3000:25cc:cd5b:5a61:9803
Timestamp: 2018-06-12 16:34:06 UTC