ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves update

Yeah it’s my fault cal pissed everybody off and can’t get donors. It’s my fault he waited until the last min to fill a roster. Kentucky has and can get money that narrative that they can’t is silly.
Yup, all your fault. Write them checks big guy. MONEY!!!!!

It’s funny as hell watching people try to blame a coach that can’t spend a penny of NIL money. Talk about holding a team hostage.

Them blaming us on a damn message board for Kentuckys problems will never not be hilarious. I remember when they said us posting on here was hurting recruiting and putting out false narratives hurting Kentucky. Yeah because 18-21 year old basketball players read a damn message board
When clowns perform, you are supposed to laugh, so that is what I do. I laugh at them.

It’s funny as hell watching people try to blame a coach that can’t spend a penny of NIL money. Talk about holding a team hostage.
Take the cant and change it to won’t. Other teams across the country are doing cal just won’t do it, he deserves the blame for all this

The more I watch somto Cyril the more I like him I know he is young but he is another body at this point
And the pitch for him should be it’s a two year deal. He will be acclimating to college play rather than high school . Learning and be more productive than I’d he spends another year against high school age talent. This is best for his eventual pro career .
And has the added benefit of being truthful. Probably the best backup we couLD get for this year unless we pull Nelson out of the hat Who could start .
reeves couLD also play the 3 in a pinch .
Go with nine and find a tenth man for practice who know he is not going to play much this year.

If you honestly think this is simply about money and not about Calipari, I don't know what to tell you. The guy is streaky, and his defense is atrocious. Secondly, if doesn't get the classes done and is FORCED to come back, how much effort do you think he is going to give us? At some point the PROGRAM has to come first, and we need to look elsewhere, or we will have nobody. Not Reeves, and no replacement. Has nothing to do with "hurt feelings." It has to do with pragmatism, intelligence, and not desperately clinging to the past.
Half of that made no sense. We need shooters. He can shoot. Sign him up. He will be wanting money. Find some and pay it to him.

Oh btw, EVERYTHING is about money.

Can't. Against the rules. I thought everyone knew this. Sorry, you can pay more NIL than Cal. More your fault than his.
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: kywildcat41086

The Coach can't give money out of his own pocket. I believe that.

But Kentucky Football is doing well with NIL. Stoops has a better relationship with people that have the money. UK Football is promoting NIL. I would dare say that guys are getting guarantees.

John Calipari thinks Kentucky basketball sells itself. He still thinks we're the gold standard, and we get whoever we want. "We eat first" he said.

We're not eating at all. Kids don't care about our history or tradition. And the last 5 years--we've been a pretty lack luster program. And kids are passing on Kentucky offers--for worse programs. Why? Because those worse programs are willing to play the NIL game.

Until Kentucky Basketball gets with the times, we're going to keep being a 1st weekend team--if we make the tournament.

The Coach can't give money out of his own pocket. I believe that.

But Kentucky Football is doing well with NIL. Stoops has a better relationship with people that have the money. UK Football is promoting NIL. I would dare say that guys are getting guarantees.

John Calipari thinks Kentucky basketball sells itself. He still thinks we're the gold standard, and we get whoever we want. "We eat first" he said.

We're not eating at all. Kids don't care about our history or tradition. And the last 5 years--we've been a pretty lack luster program. And kids are passing on Kentucky offers--for worse programs. Why? Because those worse programs are willing to play the NIL game.

Until Kentucky Basketball gets with the times, we're going to keep being a 1st weekend team--if we make the tournament.
Haven’t had rain in a week. At damn Calpari.

Is Cal responsible for ANYTHING? Or is the 8 million dollars/year tied to no expectations?

No offense: "Cal can't make them run the plays"
No shooters: "Cal can't hit the shots for them."
No players: "Cal can't make them stay/come back."

After Reeves goes--we will have lost everyone off last year's team except Theiro and Ugonna. And Ugonna tried to leave too.

The players change every single year. And our problems remain. Now, we've hit the point that players are running away from this place after experiencing "The Kentucky effect." No one is transferring here.

Half of that made no sense. We need shooters. He can shoot. Sign him up. He will be wanting money. Find some and pay it to him.

Oh btw, EVERYTHING is about money.
You just refuse to believe that the coach might be the issue. If he is trying to drive his price up, he is overplaying his hand. He's not some high demand transfer. Yeah we need a shooter. I get that. But streaky shooting guards that can't defend a lick aren't that uncommon. We could find one. I just think waiting and hoping that Reeves is coming back might leave us with nobody.

You just refuse to believe that the coach might be the issue. If he is trying to drive his price up, he is overplaying his hand. He's not some high demand transfer. Yeah we need a shooter. I get that. But streaky shooting guards that can't defend a lick aren't that uncommon. We could find one. I just think waiting and hoping that Reeves is coming back might leave us with nobody.
Reeves is a streaky, volume shooter.
Certainly capable, but inconsistent.
He would be a great weapon, if focused.

Last edited:
Cal has sucked. Is that what you need to hear from me? It’s 2023 bubba. These kids are for sale. Don’t be naive. If the price is right he comes to uk. If not then he will go elsewhere

Reactions: CHAMPCAT11
Cal has sucked. Is that what you need to hear from me? It’s 2023 bubba. These kids are for sale. Don’t be naive. If the price is right he comes to uk. If not then he will go elsewhere
Bubba? You seem like a hate filled miserable person that is projecting your shallow materialism onto others.

You think Frederick is making more at Cincy than at Kentucky ?
You think Wheeler is making more at Washington than at Kentucky?
You think Ware is making more at Villanova than at Kentucky?
You think Collins is making more at LSU than at Kentucky?
You think Donte Allen is making more at WKU?
You think Brooks is making more at Washington?
You think Hopkins is making more at Providence?

There is a lot more going on here than simply money, whether you care to acknowledge it or not.

Brady James just said he is gonna try and help lock down Reeves when they call him tonight.....I'm optimistic about him returning. Thank God for fans like Brady that have the coin and desire to help.

Bubba? You seem like a hate filled miserable person that is projecting your shallow materialism onto others.

There is a lot more going on here than simply money, whether you care to acknowledge it or not.

It's a combo of money and/or playing time.

Reactions: Rockfly78

Bubba all those guys left because they were recruited over and were set to lose their playing time. Every single one of them could have been paid off if they were worth it btw.

You seem like a very thin skinned snowflake. Ain’t nobody been mean to you. Toughen up.

What about Reeves not coming back ? You left that part out. And define "good" big men. Are there any Hunter Dickinson type bigs, no but there is talent around.

personally, don't care if Reeves returns or not. there were better in the portal that this moron coach ignored. can't tell me that the big kid from Utah Valley or Ware from Oregon would not have entertained a transfer to UK after seeing where they would up. One at IU and the other at Cincy. I do not believe that ccc thought for 1 second that Oscar would return. Oscar had had enough of the lies being thrown around. Yet the only big man contacted was Dickinson, which was not a good fit for UK. The other more mobile guys were ignored. If Reeves does go elsewhere, and UK is caught with no back up, that should be the final straw that breaks UK's back & the end of ccc.

Reactions: Catfan2226
if that is the roster, sure don't see anything that moved the needle as the fans were told to expect
Kaluma or Jones were the 2 he was talking about And Jones announced for Memphis and Kaluma hasn't even made a visit anywhere so who knows with him?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT