ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves update

Oh, you know, because we have 7 guys, he was the 2nd leading scorer last year and he's top 10 in UK history in 3 point percentage on a team that desperately needs shooters.
I know....he had a bad game and it stunk. But was guys like Chris Livingston, Toppin, Frederick going to really hit shots that Reeves took?

For the record...Jamal Murray shot 1-9 from 3pt land his game vs. Indiana in tourney. Bad nights happen....but it's sort of dumb to act like one game is what a player was when Reeves shot 40% from 3pt land his one year at UK.

Michigan has high academic standard.…cost them Caleb Love. They aren’t promising Reeves admission and waiting around till he completes summer work in June or July , I doubt . Weird scenario since he hasn’t gotten eligible without a waiver yet

Reactions: Fox2monk
He wants money, that what this boils down to. Yes I want him here, we have no shooting at all, and two guards and fowards who need shooting around them. I want a 40 percent shooter and 14 ppg scorer back
He's also a senior with little to no NBA aspirations, so this is the last year he can capitalize before going overseas somewhere. Why stay here on the bench with a coach that clearly doesn't believe in you when you could go elsewhere?

He wants money and a starting job somewhere. Meanwhile we're not offering him an exact amount of NIL money and likely telling him he 's the 6th or 7th man because we already promised starting jobs to the incoming freshmen.

Michigan has high academic standard.…cost them Caleb Love. They aren’t promising Reeves admission and waiting around till he completes summer work in June or July , I doubt . Weird scenario since he hasn’t gotten eligible without a waiver yet
Just remember one small different in the Caleb Love situation and Reeves'. Love could get in to Michigan but not all his credits transferred, but with Reeves, he will be a grad transfer, so he will not need his credits to transfer.

Reactions: Fox2monk
This is like me letting one of my team members get trained a little more on my dime only to leave my company 2 months later to go work for another competitor... Sir, the door is to the right!!

Nothing UK can do to stop reeves from furthering his education. That said, if he doesn't commit to UK in the next week classes needs to be paid for by reeves.

Nothing UK can do to stop reeves from furthering his education. That said, if he doesn't commit to UK in the next week classes needs to be paid for by reeves.
That out of state summer session tuition isn’t cheap.

know....he had a bad game and it stunk. But was guys like Chris Livingston, Toppin, Frederick going to really hit shots that Reeves took?
He was 0-14 and we were up 2 with 3 minutes to go. If he hits one of those shots we probably advance or if he doesn’t shoot the last 5 or 6, I’m sure Wallace ot Oscar would have hit a few. It would have been ballgame.

The guy had the WORST NCAA tourney game in the history of the tourney.

I obviously want him back but in his defense would you want to play for Cal or have your son as a returning player play for Cal?

Cal will cater to the incoming players over him.
Cal not going after NIL like our football program is.
He can insure playing time at another school and make more guaranteed NIL money.

Reactions: delk4three
Reeves is a little &$%#*. Get him out of here.
He is doing the same thing any of us would do under similar circumstances. looking at the best option for himself . I assume as the best shooter on next years team if he comes is not overjoyed about not starting , getting less than others, and not being billed as the go to man by Ky PR .
This is based on Cals history of playing his favored freshmen over more qualified upperclassmen . Under similar circumstances you would tell your son to look elsewhere without a guarantee of being the top NIL player on the team, a starter, average at least 20 minutes plus and be featured by UK as their go to guy on offense

He is doing the same thing any of us would do under similar circumstances. looking at the best option for himself . I assume as the best shooter on next years team if he comes is not overjoyed about not starting , getting less than others, and not being billed as the go to man by Ky PR .
This is based on Cals history of playing his favored freshmen over more qualified upperclassmen . Under similar circumstances you would tell your son to look elsewhere without a guarantee of being the top NIL player on the team, a starter, average at least 20 minutes plus and be featured by UK as their go to guy on offense
No my post means he sucks and get him out. Even he knows he can’t shoot consistently enough to beat out Freshman. Get him out of here.

No my post means he sucks and get him out. Even he knows he can’t shoot consistently enough to beat out Freshman. Get him out of here.
He had ok production , with a non-descipt personality & no one knew who he was one yr ago ….and got reportedly well into six-figures NIL . UK did him right and has nothing to be ashamed of…

As I read it while our freshmen are great legends in their own minds none of them are exceptional shooters. Without that three point threat guy they just pack it in on you and let you shoot as Wheeler found out .
The game today is threes and layups with an occasional within 15 feet jump shot if no other option and it’s your players ” spot “ he loved to shoot from.
I just don’t see us winning the SEC or going past the first one or two games in the NCAA without an exceptionAl three point shooter . Where’s Tong Delk when we need him.

He's also a senior with little to no NBA aspirations, so this is the last year he can capitalize before going overseas somewhere. Why stay here on the bench with a coach that clearly doesn't believe in you when you could go elsewhere?

He wants money and a starting job somewhere. Meanwhile we're not offering him an exact amount of NIL money and likely telling him he 's the 6th or 7th man because we already promised starting jobs to the incoming freshmen.
Kentucky should have locked him and jones up weeks ago but cal didn’t do shit, now he may not end up with either one. They have to meet reeves and get him on board

Regardless of his shooting, he has no intentions of being a team leader as a super senior.
Guarantee you he could care less about wins and losses as long as he gets the amount of money he wants.
No player that has any on the court goals go about business the way Reeves has.

Last edited:
I believe with Reeves it is as much as anything about starting position and playing time. He knows how Cal loves golden NBA freshmen and their stars. If Cal had not needed him because of injury he would have gotten sub minutes only last year. I don't blame him. Cal's handling of players is the problem. And I don't believe he waited to recruit from the portal because he was waiting on the 3 players trying out for the nba. I believe he waited to make sure he had his freshmen tied down where they wouldn't bolt on him if started bringing in experienced skilled players JMO

Last edited:
How long can we continue to hold his spot? Really?

The answer lies in the fact we're still holding MULTIPLE SPOTS.

Cow is playing chess while we're playing checkers..... 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

calculation-math.gif

I felt like going through the draft process was reasonable. He was never going to get drafted but might as well try. If he really is taking classes just to graduate and transfer I would take the scholarship back. That’s shitty behavior.

Everyone saying "let him go" because he has hurt your feelings is too emotionally frail to follow UK sports.

pay his ass and get him back. bygones be bygones.
If you honestly think this is simply about money and not about Calipari, I don't know what to tell you. The guy is streaky, and his defense is atrocious. Secondly, if doesn't get the classes done and is FORCED to come back, how much effort do you think he is going to give us? At some point the PROGRAM has to come first, and we need to look elsewhere, or we will have nobody. Not Reeves, and no replacement. Has nothing to do with "hurt feelings." It has to do with pragmatism, intelligence, and not desperately clinging to the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: NociHTTP
I felt like going through the draft process was reasonable. He was never going to get drafted but might as well try. If he really is taking classes just to graduate and transfer I would take the scholarship back. That’s shitty behavior.
Why ? It’s his future . He busted his ass for us . It’s not his fault that Cal plays his coveted immature freshmen before better players at the moment.
we don’t give a damn about potential and NBA . we want wins. But our coach disagrees and gad a lifetime contract . That is not Reeves fault .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT