ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves update

Why ? It’s his future . He busted his ass for us . It’s not his fault that Cal plays his coveted immature freshmen before better players at the moment.
we don’t give a damn about potential and NBA . we want wins. But our coach disagrees and gad a lifetime contract . That is not Reeves fault .
I guess I wasn’t clear enough or you responded to the wrong post. IF reeves has said he is going to come back to UK just to finish his classes so he can transfer as a graduate in order to not sit out a year, I would take his scholarship away. UK shouldn’t be paying for someone who openly states they are moving on. He is an adult and made money, he can pay.

Otherwise I agree with you, Cal is a jackass who as done little positive in 4-5 years and I don’t care about the nba. Priorities need to shift back to UK.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Everyone saying "let him go" because he has hurt your feelings is too emotionally frail to follow UK sports.

pay his ass and get him back. bygones be bygones.

The real world is pretty harsh. I guess a lot of folks haven't learned that yet.

Nothing UK can do to stop reeves from furthering his education. That said, if he doesn't commit to UK in the next week classes needs to be paid for by reeves.
EXACTLY!! If he wants to leave, so be it. But DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT let him take summer classes at UK to graduate, paid by his scholarship, just to go somewhere else as a grad transfer so he doesn't have to sit out a season. If he leaves, make him leave NOW, so he has to wait a year. Sorry, I may sound harsh, but I am so very SICK AND TIRED of players running the show and Cal appearing to not do a DAMN THING for this University.

If he doesn’t know by June it is time to move on.
Move on to what!!!!!! Some of you say the dumbest things. If there was someone to move on to, it would have already been done. You act like Cal can shop for players like someone going to the local market for eggs and bacon. Players and their handlers are no longer buying into Cal's BS even though many of you continue doing so.

Last edited:
EXACTLY!! If he wants to leave, so be it. But DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT let him take summer classes at UK to graduate, paid by his scholarship, just to go somewhere else as a grad transfer so he doesn't have to sit out a season. If he leaves, make him leave NOW, so he has to wait a year. Sorry, I may sound harsh, but I am so very SICK AND TIRED of players running the show and Cal appearing to not do a DAMN THING for this University.

You cant make him leave. He is allowed to take courses this summer and pay for them himself.

Reactions: susan2361
You cant make him leave. He is allowed to take courses this summer and pay for them himself.
That's fine if he wants to pay for them himself...I just said don't let him use his scholarship for that purpose...knowing he is leaving as a grad transfer to avoid sitting out a year. That, to me, is fraud, by him doing that. If he wants to pay out of pocket and then leave as a grad transfer...fine. You're right. You can't stop him from leaving. But you don't have to be used by him either.

That's fine if he wants to pay for them himself...I just said don't let him use his scholarship for that purpose...knowing he is leaving as a grad transfer to avoid sitting out a year. That, to me, is fraud, by him doing that. If he wants to pay out of pocket and then leave as a grad transfer...fine. You're right. You can't stop him from leaving. But you don't have to be used by him either.
Attempting to punish players for no longer wanting to play for a tyrant is a perfect way of ensuring that no players will want to come here even after Cal's departure.

Michigan has high academic standard.…cost them Caleb Love. They aren’t promising Reeves admission and waiting around till he completes summer work in June or July , I doubt . Weird scenario since he hasn’t gotten eligible without a waiver yet
This is more about Reeves being desperate to get out of Kentucky because he doesn't want to compete for playing time.

Being held hostage by an Illinois State transfer is absolutely crazy. Let the guy go, he won’t be in the spotlight at those other school and his draft stock will be even more nonexistent.
That’s how far this program has slid under CAL’s watch. These transfers know all the NIL money is going to the freshman and those freshman are going to get a majority of the minutes so no one wants to play for KY.

I saw that tweet.

1,000%.

Lock Reeves down and you have arguably the best backcourt in college basketball.

Then we just need a swing man (Kaluma) and a true 5 and we're ready.
Agree, I was talking with a bama fan and he seems to think they have Nelson & Kaluma locked down I can’t see that happening

I saw that tweet.

1,000%.

Lock Reeves down and you have arguably the best backcourt in college basketball.

Kaluma isn't coming here and no good big men are left that are interested in UK.

I saw that tweet.

1,000%.

I don’t give us much hope for Kaluma.

If we can get Reeves back and maybe get back in the mix with David Jones, then all we would need is a quality big.

Maybe we can make a late push for the Nelson kid.

Wagner, Reeves, Edwards, Bradshaw, and Nelson would make a solid starting 5. Probably the best we could hope for at this point.

Dillingham, Sheppard, Thiero, Jones, and Onyenso gives us a solid bench.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I don’t give us much hope for Kaluma.

If we can get Reeves back and maybe get back in the mix with David Jones, then all we would need is a quality big.

Maybe we can make a late push for the Nelson kid.

Wagner, Reeves, Edwards, Bradshaw, and Nelson would make a solid starting 5. Probably the best we could hope for at this point.

Dillingham, Sheppard, Thiero, Jones, and Onyenso gives us a solid bench.
The more I watch somto Cyril the more I like him I know he is young but he is another body at this point

It’s your fault not Cal’s Write the guy a check for a mill and get’er done!!!!

MONEY!!!!! Welcome to NIL and the portal.
Yeah it’s my fault cal pissed everybody off and can’t get donors. It’s my fault he waited until the last min to fill a roster. Kentucky has and can get money that narrative that they can’t is silly.

He's all hype in his mind.Let him hit the road.
Hell I'd rather do without all his drama,let Michigan or whoever the hell wants him put up with him..let him go.

Reactions: UK_Born_an_Bread
Don't waste your time trying to reason with the Cal sympathizers.
Them blaming us on a damn message board for Kentuckys problems will never not be hilarious. I remember when they said us posting on here was hurting recruiting and putting out false narratives hurting Kentucky. Yeah because 18-21 year old basketball players read a damn message board

Them blaming us on a damn message board for Kentuckys problems will never not be hilarious. I remember when they said us posting on here was hurting recruiting and putting out false narratives hurting Kentucky. Yeah because 18-21 year old basketball players read a damn message board
Don't let them get to you.
You can't reason with ignorance.

Piss on Reeves and his demands.If we gonna open the vault,let's go get Grant Nelson,Olivier Nkamhoua,Tyrin Lawrence and David Jones.All 4 can help us and it's about as good as we can hope for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT