ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves update

He had one bad game. It’s worrying because Kentucky has to get him back, they literally have no shooting and returning production, I don’t get people not wanting a 14 ppg scorer back
But he obviously doesn't want to here. I know needing bodies, but with a thin roster, do you really want someone that wanted to leave around the Freshmen all season?

But he obviously doesn't want to here. I know needing bodies, but with a thin roster, do you really want someone that wanted to leave around the Freshmen all season?
He wants money, that what this boils down to. Yes I want him here, we have no shooting at all, and two guards and fowards who need shooting around them. I want a 40 percent shooter and 14 ppg scorer back

He had one bad game. It’s worrying because Kentucky has to get him back, they literally have no shooting and returning production, I don’t get people not wanting a 14 ppg scorer back
I'm not saying I don't want him back but to be fair, he had more than one bad game. 4-17 @ Vandy. 8-21 @ UGA. 4-12 @Ark. 2-13 UCLA. 4-13 Gonzaga. 1-7 Michigan St. He had 6 games last season where he shot over 50%.

I don't see how UK can allow Reeves to ride that scholarship, take classes on UK's dime and then skip off to Michigan or another school. That's along the lines of having to train your replacement at work. And if Reeves leaves that would make Calipari, staff and UK's administration look like total simps.

And didn't Dickinson leave Michigan because of making less than $100K in NIL money? Now, they suddenly have plenty of cash to throw around I guess.

I'm not saying I don't want him back but to be fair, he had more than one bad game. 4-17 @ Vandy. 8-21 @ UGA. 4-12 @Ark. 2-13 UCLA. 4-13 Gonzaga. 1-7 Michigan St. He had 6 games last season where he shot over 50%.
Also to be fair he is the only shooter and everybody knew that, he was one of the main reasons Kentucky got on that 4-5 game winning streak to make the tourney last year. You take him back and they need him back

I think deep down Reeves knows he’s not better than these five star players coming in. He wants Cal to guarantee him a starting position so he doesn’t have to worry about getting cooked in practice by Dilly and losing his starting spot….

Reactions: RuppnRoll
I don't see how UK can allow Reeves to ride that scholarship, take classes on UK's dime and then skip off to Michigan or another school. That's along the lines of having to train your replacement at work. And if Reeves leaves that would make Calipari, staff and UK's administration look like total simps.

And didn't Dickinson leave Michigan because of making less than $100K in NIL money? Now, they suddenly have plenty of cash to throw around I guess.
Plus you got the admissions stuff to go through at Michigan. Indiana is probably the main issue here. Cal needs to lock this up this weekend. He wants money get him money or deals

Reactions: Fox2monk
He def had a few stellar games but, some terrible ones as well. A lot of revisionist history going re; Reeves last year at UK. He seems to be the prototypical streak shooter. Seems that's all we get under Calipari now.

Reactions: wildcatwelder

I got trashed for starting a post that said the same thing.

I want him back but if, IF, he can’t commit, let him go.

Oh, you know, because we have 7 guys, he was the 2nd leading scorer last year and he's top 10 in UK history in 3 point percentage on a team that desperately needs shooters.
I didn't know, that's why I was asking.

Pro's have rules against tampering but amateur athletics is just the wild wild west.
Absolutely, it's INSANE. I know the NCAA had to move fast to avoid lawsuits hamstringing them re: NIL. But, holy shit, they did absolutely nothing to mitigate the absolute disaster we are seeing. Collectives are damn near straight inducements. Guys are negotiating deals up front before enrolling. It's madness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT