ADVERTISEMENT

Pulling for Poy to have a big year..

Jul 23, 2002
I hope he returns 100 percent healthy from the knee injury and has a big year for the cats. His leadership of the young players on the team will be Important. I predict he will avg 11 pts 5 rbs .

I hope he returns 100 percent healthy from the knee injury and has a big year for the cats. His leadership of the young players on the team will be Important. I predict he will avg 11 pts 5 rbs .

if he can gain either dribbling skill or shooting skill, he can do MUCH better than last few years.

Also playing 4 would help.

A big year for Poy in my eyes : 10 PPG. 8 RPG. 1.5 BPG. FG% : 58.

Clean that glass, finish easy baskets and protect the rim at a reasonable rate considering his size.

Just become the glue guy we saw during the 13-14 title run.

One of my favorite Cats. . Would love to see him finish off his career with a title.

Same here, he's a class act, an outstanding student, ridiculous athlete, and has seen many ups and downs at UK. I really would love to see him go out with a title. As long as he stays healthy, he will be a force to reckon with, especially as a defender.

5 rebounds' ass. He's a monster rebounder and defender. A good year would be more like 10pts, 9rbs, 2blks. And maybe he'll shoot like he did his freshman year.

5 rebounds' ass. He's a monster rebounder and defender. A good year would be more like 10pts, 9rbs, 2blks. And maybe he'll shoot like he did his freshman year.

9 rebound. :-O That's shit ton for SF/PF position.

Poy wont see a minute at the 3. He'll play PF all the time. That's one reason why a lot of us think he's really going to breakout and be a beast this year. He's an excellent rebounder. 8-9 rebounds isn't far fetched when you consider we aren't as deep and if he's healthy he's going to be on the floor a lot. I can see like 9pts, 9rbs, 10pts, 8rbs. Something like that. He'll score a lot of his points on offensive rebounds and off lobs.

Hopefully he returns full strength from the injury, and one thing we know about Alex is he's strong. Averaging double figures, even just barely, and 7-8 boards a game would be a great year for him. One of the things I'm looking forward to is hopefully some commentary about a 4th year, once 5 star recruit who's a college graduate starting and playing for the program perceived as OAD U.

Alex is a great young man, by any definition. I wish for him great success after he takes off his UK jersey for the last time. For me, I hope that is after we win our 9th NC. Go make millions Alex, you deserve it.

As a Freshman he averaged 11ppg and 6rpg in 25mpg.

I think it's reasonable to think he can reach those numbers again.

He's older (more experienced), but might have lost a little bit with the injury, so I am tempering my expectations.

He also has more talent around him than he did then.

I say slightly less points and slightly more boards in a few more minutes.

Around 10ppg and 7rpg in 29mpg.

That's if he is 100%.

I hope Alex plays his way into the first round. He should have a good year without 4 NBA bigs on his team and being able to play his natural position. I'm expecting 10-12 points and 7-9 rebounds from him.

The biggest key will be doing what he's good at and avoiding what he's not. If he bullies for rebounds, gets some put backs and slashes inside to take a pass for a dunk he'll be good. I don't mind if he takes a few 3's if he's wide open but it shouldn't be part of his regular routine. Oh and give us the same D he did last year.

I hope Alex plays his way into the first round. He should have a good year without 4 NBA bigs on his team and being able to play his natural position. I'm expecting 10-12 points and 7-9 rebounds from him.

The biggest key will be doing what he's good at and avoiding what he's not. If he bullies for rebounds, gets some put backs and slashes inside to take a pass for a dunk he'll be good. I don't mind if he takes a few 3's if he's wide open but it shouldn't be part of his regular routine. Oh and give us the same D he did last year.

Definitely.

He needs to shoot no more than 1-2 3's a game. The rest of his shots should be off putbacks and slashing to the basket.

Yeah, personally I'm not pulling for him at all. LOL jk, but I think we are all pulling for him to do well this season. I think he will be a solid rebounder, play good D, block some shots, do some good things on offense, but probably not one of our go to guys on that end of the court.

Yeah I want to see Alex be active, he's tough to guard and block out when he moves. Plus hopefully he maintains being a good ft shooter because he will get fouled a lot. That's an area that Lee has to perform well too.

I would like to see him get 10 pts 10 rebounds a game, I also hope lee is more productive this year off the bench, and no injuries please, it's gonna be a fun year to watch our Cats:cool2::popcorn:

I would like to see him get 10 pts 10 rebounds a game, I also hope lee is more productive this year off the bench, and no injuries please, it's gonna be a fun year to watch our Cats:cool2::popcorn:

If Poy averages a double double we will be very hard to handle.

ADVERTISEMENT