ADVERTISEMENT

Poll on Cal's future

For the "Far Cal" crowd, how long should BBN wait until another title?

• 5 years

Votes: 28 17.6%
  • 4 years

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • 3 years

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • 2 years

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • This year or clean house?

Votes: 92 57.9%

• Total voters
Cal was made for this job. Unless someone has a crystal ball how do you know anyone else would have done better so far. It's been a fun hell of a ride and I don't want it to end. It's not easy these days to win a title and don't bring up Jay Wright. Coach rat has had some monster teams and what has he done lately? Sure 3 yrs ago when a fluke team of destiny with upperclassman with a grudge from the buzzer beater got us out of the way. It's not easy and we could bring one home any year. Fox and co. were a bad call from a really good shot.

Stupid poll as well, I refuse to vote. National Titles take luck and are hard.... in the next five years we could go to another final four and runner up game and not win the title yet your poll indicates we let him go in 5 years if he hasn't won the title. I'll be tickled if we even get to keep Cal 5 more years. The only coach I would rather have would be coach K, BUT he is old, may be buying players(zion) to have one last super champ team … and i'm not to fond of his personality but no doubt about it Coach K is better coach as of now, but that's one dude. Good for duke and getting lucky with one coach who stays put forever... good for them.

Some of you don't understand the importance of draft night. If Cal gets guys drafted, then other guys will come that will get drafted. We can maintain second round exits and finishing fourth in the conference. That will continue to make us be almost good. Plus the pre-season high rankings which will be followed by getting smoked like a cheap cigar in the Champions Classic, but we are young. Cal is bigger than UK. Villanova fans last spring knew we had them on draft night.

Btw, if not for the buyout i think he would be gone already one way or the other. I think he would have just left for another job tbh. I don’t think he really wants to be here anymore. But he’s not leaving that money on the table and no one else is going to pay him that.

Ive always gotten the sense Pitino, once it became apparent Boston wasn’t going to work out for him, regrets leaving when he did. And i think Cal regrets staying, when he could have left back in 2014.

Roster is a major concern. We are either going to be good to go in a week or up shits creek.
It’s going to be hard to get players because of the dang portal. I’d say most want guaranteed playing time and don’t wanna compete for playing time. That’s why I hate the portal, it encourages players to run away from competition.

Are their any transfers we can go after in time?!? Cal has royally screwed up this summer.

Brother I don't know. I would think there are going to be a slew of grad transfers plus the guys who pull out of draft.

That doesn't move the needle for me though. Gotta get Reeves back and hopefully Oscar. If we don't get Oscar and had two frontcourt players transfer in off-season it is going to be incredibly perplexing.

Nothing surprises me anymore but damn is it disappointing.

I voted this year. Although last season was the year for me. He should have been fired immediately after the K-State game. No more wait until next year. Considering the talent he’s had and only one Championship, nothing leads me to believe he will win this year either. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… Cal is the biggest underachiever in college basketball. IMO.

Brother I don't know. I would think there are going to be a slew of grad transfers plus the guys who pull out of draft.

That doesn't move the needle for me though. Gotta get Reeves back and hopefully Oscar. If we don't get Oscar and had two frontcourt players transfer in off-season it is going to be incredibly perplexing.

Nothing surprises me anymore but damn is it disappointing.
It’s alright we care too much

Reactions: HagginHall1999
It’s alright we care too much

Well you and I have disagreed in the past but the reality is what we are seeing is disappointing. We can disagree on the amount of success or non-success Cal has had here ...all that said, if he doesn't win another title at UK his tenure will be what this off season has been this far- disappointing.

Cal was made for this job. Unless someone has a crystal ball how do you know anyone else would have done better so far. It's been a fun hell of a ride and I don't want it to end. It's not easy these days to win a title and don't bring up Jay Wright. Coach rat has had some monster teams and what has he done lately? Sure 3 yrs ago when a fluke team of destiny with upperclassman with a grudge from the buzzer beater got us out of the way. It's not easy and we could bring one home any year. Fox and co. were a bad call from a really good shot.
The last 3 years have been "fun" really, wow you must like pain.

It’s going to be hard to get players because of the dang portal. I’d say most want guaranteed playing time and don’t wanna compete for playing time. That’s why I hate the portal, it encourages players to run away from competition.
It's not just the competition. It's Cal (word gets around to recruits, transfers and coaches) and the offense he runs. Very few want to be in that.

It's not just the competition. It's Cal (word gets around to recruits, transfers and coaches) and the offense he runs. Very few want to be in that.
Best high school players in the country want to come here. And they are. Very few can handle it here though.

Nothing wrong with the offense. It's the same offense the Arkansas fans here love. It's the same offense the Kansas fans here love. We have a personnel problem the last 3 seasons. That's been addressed.

Anyway it doesn't matter what 100 or so people from a Cal hate website vote. Except for a few giggles.

You would think this "majority" some claim to speak for would have more votes.

Best high school players in the country want to come here. And they are. Very few can handle it here though.

Nothing wrong with the offense. It's the same offense the Arkansas fans here love. It's the same offense the Kansas fans here love. We have a personnel problem the last 3 seasons. That's been addressed.

Anyway it doesn't matter what 100 or so people from a Cal hate website vote. Except for a few giggles.

You would think this "majority" some claim to speak for would have more votes.
You can't possibly be serious regarding our offense.

You can't possibly be serious regarding our offense.
Ukbb likes watching us play North Florida. Makes him feel all fuzzy inside.

Meanwhile, people with actual basketball knowledge know the offense is 💩.

My son calls these people “simps”. Simple minded. They see 80 ppg in November and December and that’s all they need to know.

Ukbb likes watching us play North Florida. Makes him feel all fuzzy inside.

Meanwhile, people with actual basketball knowledge know the offense is 💩.

My son calls these people “simps”. Simple minded. They see 80 ppg in November and December and that’s all they need to know.
When commentators are saying "they don't move without the ball" you know there's a problem with the offense. Kids looking to be part of a team that runs others out of the gym, are not interested in UK. It's just "how quickly can I get in and out of UK".

Reactions: delk4three
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT