ADVERTISEMENT

We need a freak of nature!

Jan 23, 2024
It took a freak of nature to get Cal his only title. Unfortunately, I don't see an Anthony Davis on this year's squad or in Cal's near future.

We moved on from Tubby when it became obvious that he couldn't bring home the bacon again. We need to do the same with CCC! We've been more than patient!!

The guy had an antiquated offense. Fixed that. Now he is antiquated for ignoring in game performance and going with his guys. Watch the game you are being paid for and use those that work.

It took a freak of nature to get Cal his only title. Unfortunately, I don't see an Anthony Davis on this year's squad or in Cal's near future.

We moved on from Tubby when it became obvious that he couldn't bring home the bacon again. We need to do the same with CCC! We've been more than patient!!

Tubby quit.

Cal will have to be fired. No sane person is turning down that buyout money.

What an exciting new and unexplored thread topic.

Maybe if Cal would try some new and unexplored techniques to try and win games instead of the same old BS, we’d have something more exciting to talk about.

Anthony Davis had uncanny instincts and high basketball IQ. Sort of like Sheppard I think, but different due to positions and what they were asked to do. When the skill development caught up (in the NBA), Davis, of course, became all-world.

But the real freak of nature from recent times was Zion Williamson. He wasn’t really skilled, and I never thought he had great instincts or a high great basketball IQ. He was just unbelievably athletic in the body of a defensive lineman. The explosiveness and quickness in how he could move and the power that came along with those moves due to his bulk was near unstoppable when he toward the basket to either score or rebound. I was as shell-shocked as our team when I watched Duke dismantle us in that early season game. And we had a heck of a team. But we didn’t have anybody that could get close to matching up physically with Williamson – and neither did anybody else.

Maybe if Cal would try some new and unexplored techniques to try and win games instead of the same old BS, we’d have something more exciting to talk about.
We could talk about it in the 14,576,213 threads where we’re already talking about it. But that wouldn’t be sufficiently attention seeking I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT