ADVERTISEMENT

A public statement is a must... Right?

We'll just have to disagree on this one. Nothing he said on the radio changes anything. Not saying that Mitch isn't stupid enough to let him come back, but I don't think the show changed anything. It just helped show what a coward Cal is.
You haven't answered like a long term AD would allow a coach he might fire to appear on state wide radio - where if a decision had not been made, would completely undermine the AD's authority.

and it won't for a while. Football is better and more profitable than ever. That SEC TV money is huge, and only getting huger. Beer sales. Cal will age out long before they see an appreciable drop in money.
I do think a half empty Rupp will speed things up. That may or may not be the case next year.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
Agree with those who think the radio show was the statement.

I have a feeling we will hear today’s meeting went swell and all is well with Cal and Mitch.

I would be pretty confident betting Cal is back next year and we’re going to do this every year until a) Cal leaves on his own terms b) buyout becomes so low it’s considered peanuts before a change is made.

Personally, I am no longer supporting the program financially or with my time until there’s a separation, but won’t cry online and redundantly repeat the SOS every single day because this basketball program doesn’t consume my life.

Rupp will be filled because 85% of the fans that fill Rupp are 70 years old or above. How connected are they to social media to see what is really going on? I would say they don’t care as much now as they would have 20 years ago

So, it's been a rollercoaster for us all. It went from Mitrh is ticked and going to FINALLY move on.

Then it went to Mitch is going to DEMAND these changes if he stays and Cal better fire some people, and change his strategy, and have oversight or he's gone!

Now... it seems like without as much of a whimper. Cal's not going anywhere and it's business as usual.

I know it's not decided, and "there's still a meeting coming up", but realistically all signs point to that rug being lifted and sweeping happening.

My question for those on here more in the know or smarter on these things than I am is.. at this point if he does stay, there has to be a public statement about changes right? I mean they have to care about the fan base at least that much, wouldn't you think?

On one hand I think something like that HAS to happen if he does stay, on the other hand, Cal's arrogance would never allow him to do something like that.
You will get your public statement from Mitch.

As soon as he is sure the fanbase has cooled off enough to come to the realization that Cal isn't going anywhere until CAL is ready to go.

I tried to warn everyone last Friday of how the upcoming days would play out with Cal acting all apologetic and sad. Cal is the real victim here. Just accept that.

And then the dreaded meeting with Mitch so he can go to the media with his, " this is not acceptable at UK. Cal understands changes have to be made, coaching changes coming, really need the fans support for these players right now (NIL), Yada, Yada, yada.....

Disgusting but that is the way the game is played. It is all a big charade.

All parties involved, Cal, Mitch, the players, are fat and happy with the way things are.

They don't care if the fans don't like it as long as the fans will continue to pay the $$$$$ to support their extravagant lifestyle.

The fact that it’s been 5 days since we once again shit the bed and Cal is still labeled our coach is all you need to know. He’s here. I just hope people aren’t weak enough to go to games and act like we are gonna contend for anything.
If you are only a fan in good times, then you are not a fan.

What Tom leach asking the question Barnhart makes a statement everything will be staged softball questions no phone calls selective texts picks only thing I want to hear is that Kentucky has decided to part ways with John calipari anything less than that is unacceptable

Problem is his public statements are bullshit. I just want a coach who speaks coherently and says things that actually make sense.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT