ADVERTISEMENT

Pilgrim says…….

So people are just going to take off running with a tweet from an account that is now deleted? Gee, no way that was a rival fan.

Some people have incredibly weak minds.
Funny because it seems the fight that happened has been confirmed by pilgrim. Makes you think what else is true

That twitter account has been deleted. Now why would that happen unless the person behind it wanted to avoid problems (deffamatcin? ) while at the same time getting people like you in a frenzy?

Sick and sad.
I’m not in a frenzy, but don’t act like this can’t be true….. we know last season the team also had a lot of stuff happen behind the scenes. It seems like a trend these days

Reactions: sambowieshin
If this report holds up I’m out. If they started tanking because they ran out of NIL money the college game is done for.

Reactions: RunninRichie
That twitter account has been deleted. Now why would that happen unless the person behind it wanted to avoid problems (deffamatcin? ) while at the same time getting people like you in a frenzy?

Sick and sad.
Has not been deleted and the tweet is still up. The message was pulled from discord.

Just wait till next season and there are not as many fans in RUPP and the donations dries up, what then Mitch??????? Save some money for when there is none????? Keeping Cal and Mitch around will cost UK millions of lose revenue....

GBB

Reactions: tomrain
Funny because it seems the fight that happened has been confirmed by pilgrim. Makes you think what else is true
You and your infatuation with Jack Pilgrim, hanging desperately on his every word as if it was the gospel to run and post it here. Are you related?

Matt Jones just said on his show we will have a new defensive coach next year. Seems Chin is being fired for sure along with several others behind the scene from what Matt has said today. To be clear he didn't say Chin was being fired he said "We will have a new defensive coach next year". Chin is clearly an issue I hope every single person not doing their job is fired. We are stuck with Cal lets hope we can put enough good pieces around him to cover up his lack of coaching.
what if Chin is an issue because he is constantly calling Calipari out for bad coaching?

Reactions: KFuqua
You and your infatuation with Jack Pilgrim, hanging desperately on his every word as if it was the gospel to run and post it here. Are you related?
You’re right I wont believe anything else from anyone unless it comes out of Cal or Mitch’s mouth. Since they are so reliable

Sick and sad.
Goodness man, it's not Twitter. It's a screenshot from another platform (Discord) that was Tweeted out.

I’m gonna guess Dilly was in the fight. He has a mean streak and that’s part of what made me like him so much!

Sounds like staggeringly out of touch and delusional thinking. Especially the part where Mitch looks at one NCAAT victory total (and one SECT victory total) in four years and concludes there’s no one who can do a better job than Cal.

I seriously, no joke, wonder what would be the formal clinical diagnosis appropriate to thinking that’s deluded in this particular manner.

I'm purely speculating here. But I have to imagine some of this was forcing DJ and Edwards out there time and time again.
I can only imagine a player like Bob Dillingham, who is on his way to a $25mil nba rookie contract, thinking "wtf are we doing here?"

Not surprised this team never seemed to play all that well together. No defensive communication or awareness. Players not on the same page in the offense.

Really wish DJ just went to Louisville. I bet a lot of this is avoided. Heck maybe even Edwards, too. But again, I'm speculating. Maybe it was Adou fighting with Ugo for all we know.
He has too many players expecting big minutes on the roster. Jerry Tarkanian once said, “give me 8 guys that can play and 4 cheerleaders and I’ll have great team chemistry”. Probably even more true today, especially considering it looks like 8 guys is about all we can afford to pay.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
You’ve got all of this stuff happening within the program and it will all come out and be made known to recruits and their parents. Yet you’ve got loser posters on here thinking recruits are turned off by message board posters. 😂😂😂

Not that it hasn't been said a thousand times but a program giving so much control to a coach to where they're handicapped in being able to maneuver out from under it- is utterly insane and everyone involved should be canned.

He has too many players expecting big minutes on the roster. Jerry Tarkanian once said, “give me 8 guys that can play and 4 cheerleaders and I’ll have great team chemistry”. Probably even more true today, especially considering it looks like 8 guys is about all we can afford to pay.
Hints why it's insane to load up on freshmen who will not be around anyway. These guys aren't good enough to win titles after playing college ball for a few months. It would be great if Cal could just build an actual team instead of looking at the recruiting rankings and just getting as many top 10-20 guys he can get, and expecting it to work.

I’m gonna guess Dilly was in the fight. He has a mean streak and that’s part of what made me like him so much!

I'm going to guess Thiero wasn't in the fight. I he was, it would pretty obvious who the other participant was!

As an aside, the lack of playing time for Thiero, even as much as he did get, was criminal. He's such a well rounded, focused, skilled, powerful player.

Goodness. "Cancer"? "Worse than you thought?"

It's probably just the standard BS that all programs go through. The NIL fiasco and this supposed NCAA investigation and certain coaches leaking to KSR people but no one else - yeah, that's ridiculous. But we already knew the handler situations were and have always been going on since Cal arrived. That's a cancer all over college basketball that I'm sure every P5 coach is having to deal with.

I'm not at all saying there aren't issues and they start with Calipari. But to call it a "cancer" and then go on to create even more teeth to this situation than are there is just being overly dramatic.
No, I stand by my words. Sorry it struct a nerve but now you can move on. Thanks

“Shouldn't come as much of a surprise that Mitch Barnhart didn't go into the NCAA Tournament planning on a coaching change, and as disappointed as he was by the loss, he didn't go into the weekend expecting to fire John Calipari, either. Even if he wanted to, the department just didn't have $33 million to throw away, certainly not with so much tied up to other projects and long-term commitments. Just made it a non-starter.

And then the backlash continued to build into the weekend, specifically on the boosters' side. Loud and important voices expressed their displeasure with the current trajectory of the program under Coach Cal and demanded change, many putting their money where their mouths are in hopes of forcing Barnhart's hand. The pressure was very real and it opened the door to a reevaluation where questions of who could be a clear upgrade and how much would it cost were asked. At the end of the day, there just wasn't a guy Barnhart felt could do this job better than Calipari who -- and this was the big one -- also wouldn't do more harm than good money-wise for the entire department. Because it wasn't just the $33 million buyout, it was also buying out the replacement, paying that coach a top-dollar salary, then building out their staff with top-dollar assistants. Without being absolutely certain you had the guy in hand with confidence Calipari couldn't do this anymore, they felt it would be financially irresponsible to pay him to simply go away when those dollars could be better used elsewhere.

But it was considered, probably for the first time since he arrived here. And it's something Barnhart knows he needs to monitor moving forward considering he signed off on the deal to begin with. At the end of the day, those financial concerns fall back on him, and he knows that.”
There are plenty of candidates who would have mopped the floor with Cal. Mitch just didn't bother to contact any of them.

I mean… damn… if they’re going to have a fist fight in the locker room at half time, you aren’t doing it right if at least a couple guys don’t come out the second half with a black eye or bloody nose to show for it.

“Shouldn't come as much of a surprise that Mitch Barnhart didn't go into the NCAA Tournament planning on a coaching change, and as disappointed as he was by the loss, he didn't go into the weekend expecting to fire John Calipari, either. Even if he wanted to, the department just didn't have $33 million to throw away, certainly not with so much tied up to other projects and long-term commitments. Just made it a non-starter.

And then the backlash continued to build into the weekend, specifically on the boosters' side. Loud and important voices expressed their displeasure with the current trajectory of the program under Coach Cal and demanded change, many putting their money where their mouths are in hopes of forcing Barnhart's hand. The pressure was very real and it opened the door to a reevaluation where questions of who could be a clear upgrade and how much would it cost were asked. At the end of the day, there just wasn't a guy Barnhart felt could do this job better than Calipari who -- and this was the big one -- also wouldn't do more harm than good money-wise for the entire department. Because it wasn't just the $33 million buyout, it was also buying out the replacement, paying that coach a top-dollar salary, then building out their staff with top-dollar assistants. Without being absolutely certain you had the guy in hand with confidence Calipari couldn't do this anymore, they felt it would be financially irresponsible to pay him to simply go away when those dollars could be better used elsewhere.

But it was considered, probably for the first time since he arrived here. And it's something Barnhart knows he needs to monitor moving forward considering he signed off on the deal to begin with. At the end of the day, those financial concerns fall back on him, and he knows that.”
Mitch is a walking
Animated GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT