ADVERTISEMENT

What UK player or coach, past or present is the most disliked of them all by the BBN?

TopCatCal

Senior
Dec 10, 2012
Could it be

John Calipari - Is like a squatter that has moved into someone's home & you can't get him out. He's not wanted there but he doesn't care. He's going to force himself on the BBN. Unlike Tubby Smith when he was no longer wanted here Tubby did the decent thing & walked away, he didn't force UK to buy him out. Same with Bill Curry when he was no longer wanted at Alabama he walked away.

Or could it be someone else like Rex Chapman, or Mitch Barnhart or someone else?

giphy.gif

10 years after Cal leaves and a competent coach comes in to replace him, he will get the Tubby treatment.

He'll be recognized for the positives and people will slowly forget or not care about the negatives

however, during that time

Rex Chapman will still be saying stupid stuff on twitter

Rex Chapman
Wenyen Gabriel for talking recruits out of coming here

10 years ago it wouldve been Pitino by a mile, but he's trending in the opposite direction fast.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
Marvin Stone....trash move on his part....I know we aren't supposed to speak ill of the dead....still he's my least favorite

Could it be

John Calipari - Is like a squatter that has moved into someone's home & you can't get him out. He's not wanted there but he doesn't care. He's going to force himself on the BBN. Unlike Tubby Smith when he was no longer wanted here Tubby did the decent thing & walked away, he didn't force UK to buy him out. Same with Bill Curry when he was no longer wanted at Alabama he walked away.

Or could it be someone else like Rex Chapman, or Mitch Barnhart or someone else?
Cal and probably Rex is correct. Rex is a douche for wishing he went to Louisville. He’s your typical selfish druggie.

Reactions: blubo
10 years after Cal leaves and a competent coach comes in to replace him, he will get the Tubby treatment.

He'll be recognized for the positives and people will slowly forget or not care about the negatives

however, during that time

Rex Chapman will still be saying stupid stuff on twitter

It all depends on how that Calipari leaves here. If he leaves like Tubby did which he should have already done. If he walks away & doesn't force UK to buy him out. Then yeah he will be looked upon in a better light. But if he forces UK to fire him & buy him out then the loathing that the BBN has for him will never go away.

Could it be

Freaking love that analogy well done

Cal and probably Rex is correct. Rex is a douche for wishing he went to Louisville. He’s your typical selfish druggie.
Cal technically hasn't lied to us, when you examine his own words. Sure, he's used us, but the manner in which Rex has trashed UK while using UK is pretty disgusting. Not saying Rex is my least favorite, but he's worse than Cal, IMO

there’s a few I could put at number 2, but Rex Chapman is an absolutely disgusting human being. Just a waste of space.

I'm gonna exclude calipari as he is too obvious.

Pitino was very hated when he went to UL. I think after the title was vacated people have eased up on that a bit. Remember he had UL in 2005 final four when UK was still 6 years away from ending its own final four drought.

Tubby was hated the most while at UK until post covid Calipari.

As far as players, idk. For me it's Wheeler for the Cal era and not even close. He was a quitter and a bad teammate.

Cal and Rex are definitely up there.
Mitch deserves to be for his part in causing and keeping all this but I’d guess that both generally-okay football and lack of widespread interest in deductive reasoning probably keep him away from the top of that chart where he belongs.

I don’t think Cal will ever realistically get the Tubby treatment. Tubby never actively mocked fans, never dismantled the engines of our longstanding traditions in any meaningful way, and ultimately didn’t do nearly as much high-profile losing as Cal has done. I do think ten-plus years will eventually take some of the edge off the disdain the man has well and truly earned, but I doubt it will ever be nearly to that extent. Winning a second championship would do that for him, but he’s not going to win a second championship.

Reactions: BlueWhite21
Michael Porter is on there
Rex is probably on there for a lot
BCG is on there for me
Was porter just a jerk or what? I know he was a terrible player who was scared to death to shoot the ball in games. No matter which position he played he'd always say he wasn't playing his natural position lol. So I never figured out if he was supposed to be PG or SG.

Clyde started the dude every game with Galloway and others sitting over there and I always thought no way could they not do better than MP. I know certain guys were in Gillispies doghouse but damn just give a dog a treat and get Porter out of the game is all i could think back in 2008!

I knew he loved Jesus and young females he was called to prey on but I'm just curious if that's the reason why alot have problems with Mr. Porter Potty or if I'm missing something else?? He was our PP Porter Potty Paints Player of the game several nights.

I'm gonna exclude calipari as he is too obvious.

Pitino was very hated when he went to UL. I think after the title was vacated people have eased up on that a bit. Remember he had UL in 2005 final four when UK was still 6 years away from ending its own final four drought.

Tubby was hated the most while at UK until post covid Calipari.

As far as players, idk. For me it's Wheeler for the Cal era and not even close. He was a quitter and a bad teammate.
And his haircut looked stupid and he loved taking it to the hole for a left hand layup with a 97% chance of being blocked or not a clue wat to do with it. He wouldn't have looked so damn stupid to me if he didn't always do dumb shit. Id probably liked him way more if he just didn't try to take it himself so much because he undersized. But nope... had to look at his dumb ass with the ignorant look on his face with 87 lbs of hair on his head after every botched layup.

Was porter just a jerk or what? I know he was a terrible player who was scared to death to shoot the ball in games. No matter which position he played he'd always say he wasn't playing his natural position lol. So I never figured out if he was supposed to be PG or SG.

Clyde started the dude every game with Galloway and others sitting over there and I always thought no way could they not do better than MP. I know certain guys were in Gillispies doghouse but damn just give a dog a treat and get Porter out of the game is all i could think back in 2008!

I knew he loved Jesus and young females he was called to prey on but I'm just curious if that's the reason why alot have problems with Mr. Porter Potty or if I'm missing something else?? He was our PP Porter Potty Paints Player of the game several nights.
I'm surprised Porter isn't in jail based on what I remember hearing about him

Reactions: Fox2monk
21-24 has been very disappointing, but everyone acts like we have been terrible since 2015. We've underperformed badly since the Covid season was cancelled, but everyone was fine until then. Primacy and Recency run rampant here.

• Wow
Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT