ADVERTISEMENT

Per Gary Parrish: Humphries expected to reclassify and enroll at Kentucky

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
http://www.fiba.com/world/u17/2014/Isaac-Bradley-HUMPHRIES

For those who think this is a bad pickup need to look at this article/ stats on him at the FIBA U-17. He more than held his own. He struggled abit against the USA in the finals and finished with just 8 puts on 2-5 shooting, but led his team in Rebs with 7 that game against a loaded US team.

Anybody who watched the FIBA U-17 world championship games to see Malik Newman, Jaylen Brown, and the other top American players easily noticed and picked Isaac Humphries to be on the All Tournament Team before he was officially selected. Any bashing him would just be ignorance.

Reactions: brianpoe
This young man has an excellent opportunity to make key contributions on a potential championship winning team over the course of the next four years. If he makes key contributions on 2 championship teams then he will become a UK legend. I don't know about "y'all" but my favorites that I remember most helped us win chamionships.

Reactions: BBUK
This young man has an excellent opportunity to make key contributions on a potential championship winning team over the course of the next four years. If he makes key contributions on 2 championship teams then he will become a UK legend. I don't know about "y'all" but my favorites that I remember most helped us win chamionships.
that doesn't sound like dunnst...there is no gibberish....[roll]

You asked not sure why he is getting the project label/ I told you why

/end of thread

I don't agree with it by that is why

No need to post a name of a good white player.
Just adding to the discussion.

Duke had 2 centers. Plumlee backed up Okafor.

UCONN had three kids 6'10" or taller on their roster.

AGAIN, we were only going to have ONE before Tai joined in Dec.

Anthony Davis at least had Vargas backing him up. Skal's backup would've been Marcus Lee, who measured in at only 6'9" with shoes at our pro combine last season and isn't exactly thick.

Wrong

This is not the message board where I go to discuss basketball with people who actually know the game and also have manners. This is where some people know basketball and some simply want to insult others opinions.

Dude I don't think a message board for your first set of needs exists

Anybody who watched the FIBA U-17 world championship games to see Malik Newman, Jaylen Brown, and the other top American players easily noticed and picked Isaac Humphries to be on the All Tournament Team before he was officially selected. Any bashing him would just be ignorance.

That's because those bashing him are basing their opinions entirely on superficial appearance factors--namely that he's a pasty white guy who doesn't look athletic and has a boring youtube mixtape--I'd bet none of them have ever actually seen him play. Unfortunately far too many supposed hoops fans today base their player assessments on crap like youtube clips instead of actual game performance, which results in an awful lot of ignorant opinions.

Fact is this an incredible pickup for August. He's a top 40 ranked, and rapidly mproving, big man who's more than held his own against the top ranked prospects in the country, both in in events like FIBA U17 World Championships, and at his Indiana prep school, which happens to play one of the toughest HS schedules in the country. Plus he fills the exact hole in our roster that we needed filled--a backup center. To nab someone like that this late in the summer is a fantastic coup by Cal.

What are you talking about i love Woo thought he was a very solid player, more hating on UK guys from you which is indeed a shocker.

You got me. I'm always hating on our guys. GTFO. Lucasz was a funny and likeable guy, but not even his biggest fan would claim he had much impact on our program. So, comparing this guy to him doesn't sound like you expect much.

By the way, Humphries is also the true Center we needed on the roster to be able to tell Giles he can play PF - which is what he wants to do in college. It's also why Duke is recruiting Bolden.

Don't think it will make any difference in the long run, but I can assure you it's a factor.

I love it. I just hope this has everything to do with depth at a needed position as we (at least most) felt we needed one more big in the event we were ever in foul trouble or had an injury. I truly hope it is not related to Poy or Skal in any way-indy

Seems like the topic has been sort of taboo around here for awhile, but I'll ask the question. Is Skal's eligibility still in question? Like you, I hope this is about depth not that.

No, but it took him 4 years in college to develop. Didn't he enroll in a D-1 program and then go JUCO due to not being allowed to transfer. Didn't want to lose a year????????

Isn't it pretty likely that those school and coaching changes were the reason it took four years for him to develop? Do you think he would have taken that long if he had been at Uk with Coach Cal as a freshman?

I remember one Dan Issel who was a lilly white dude that was no great leaper. He did OK at UK and in the Pros. If this kid can shoot 80 percent from the line he likely has a good stroke otherwise.

UK needed another big inside player and evidently they have gotten another big inside player. So what if he isn't a high riser.

Wow!! Only UK fans could bitch about a top 50 big man. Pathetic!! I for one think its a great move. We will get in foul trouble in a few games....this guy could be the difference in some of those. This also tells me Cal thinks we can win it all this year. We had one small weakness and he just fixed it!!
In all fairness, it's only one supposed UK fan that is bitching. Given the history of this board I'm surprised at that.

Crazy..back when tubby and Billy were our coach, this would be the jewel of most classes.

Now fans are so spoiled that they are female dogging about signing a top 40 player. Especially at a position of pretty big need.

I love the move and I actually saw potential in the highlight film. He seemed to have a knack of putting the ball up at the right angle to get even difficult falling down shots to go in. Do I expect him to explode with athleticism, no but I definitely think he can play a decent role this year and work his way to a draftable player

"I don't know about that"... but Dunn, it's a shame you are Ofer in likes. NOT anymore.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT