ADVERTISEMENT

Per Gary Parrish: Humphries expected to reclassify and enroll at Kentucky

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
very athletic with lots of moves for a guy his size:

sorry. looks like u9k was putting this up at the same time i was.

I love it. I just hope this has everything to do with depth at a needed position as we (at least most) felt we needed one more big in the event we were ever in foul trouble or had an injury. I truly hope it is not related to Poy or Skal in any way-indy

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
If he and dakari had a vertical contest would the total reach 30"?

He's be the most unathletic guy we've had on scholly since Cal got here. The highlight tape shows him hitting a bunch of layups against much smaller guys..yippee.

By the way being from Indiana I have watched the kid a couple times in person. Skilled offensively but not an overly explosive athlete. Needs to work on his body but has great upside due to his hands and foot work. Will certainly be able to contribute but not an immediate high impact kid like Skal-indy

Thanks for the video guys, looks like the kid will give us nice front court depth. I like that we will also have a nice foundation for the future with him and Wynyard.

This should also put UK at #1 in class rankings above Duke.

So Brad Miller without the range. Hope he has developed since that video was put together. This kid is a long way out from contributing at the DI level.
There are several things you cannot teach. (1) Height,(2) the ability to catch the ball thrown at you 50 miles an hour from 10 feet away,(3) the ability to move your feet . This kid can do all of that. He led the Aussie team to the world under 18 championship scoring 18/game. He will dramatically benefit rom strength training.
P,S. He will be able to shoot free throws

I think he looks a little more mobile in this video:

I'm excited about this kid. I think this is a great pickup. With Wynyard, should give us some multi-year backcourt depth, but isn't going to scare off Bagley or Ayton.

Could develop into a nice player in the meantime. I think he has a higher ceiling than Harrelson, and Harrelson got us to a F4. Look at his videos compared to the Vrankovic kid that Duke signed last year. He makes Humphries look like Shaq.

He's be the most unathletic guy we've had on scholly since Cal got here. The highlight tape shows him hitting a bunch of layups against much smaller guys..yippee.

Pretty obvious he's a longterm project meant to give us some leeway in a '16 class that is short on true bigs. The way Cal has developed bigs (including WCS and Harrellson along with OADs), I like it. Hell, kid's ranked #35 in a loaded '16 class.

So UK needs frontcourt depth unless it doesn't meet your approval?

Okay...

The kind of depth he is going to provide immediately is extremely limited. Pretty simple...I'm fine with using the end of bench scholarship on him and hoping to get something in a few years but expecting anything out of him right now is ridiculous.

Personally, I love the idea of two guards from Chicago and two role-playing bigs from Australia/New Zealand. That type of core has the makings of some serious future bad assery.

Reactions: ukfan041

. He already has more offensive ability that 2 of our players, and he's 7'0, 260#
Blocks shots with good timing, size, and length as well. There are no negatives to this pick-up.

The kind of depth he is going to provide immediately is extremely limited. Pretty simple...

5 fouls is 5 fouls, especially if there's an injury. This kid's addition doesn't hurt and can only help. He certainly won't be keeping any elite bigs in the 2016 (or reclassifies in the '17 class) class from coming to UK, so what's the problem?

Reactions: Brando Mac
5 fouls is 5 fouls, especially if there's an injury. This kid's addition doesn't hurt and can only help. He certainly won't be keeping any elite bigs in the 2016 (or reclassifies in the '17 class) class from coming to UK, so what's the problem?

People are expecting him to come in and help immediately and it's not going to happen. He is a project, which is fine, but people need to understand that. Harrellson took 4 years, I see his development going down the same path.

I guess this is who Matt Jones has been hinting at. Solid multi year player. Sign him
If this scares off Ayton, we dont want him

Reactions: brianpoe
People are expecting him to come in and help immediately and it's not going to happen. He is a project, which is fine, but people need to understand that. Harrellson took 4 years, I see his development going down the same path.

When he starts practicing with Skal and Marcus he'll learn how to do a pump fake. I didn't see a single one in the video. He's got a ways to go, but he could be a good one.

This kid could probably bail us out of a few games where foul trouble is a big issue.

He looks like he's a few years away from being a big time contributor but he's not terrible and he wouldn't be asked to do a lot next year.

Add depth for practice and be there in case we need him to give Skal a breather or maybe just go out there and use up those 5 fouls in an aggressive way!

Getting him could be nothing but a positive thing!

He's a 4 star in the (loaded) 2016 class with international FIBA experience, and some of you are acting like he's the next Jared Carter.

Nobody expects him to come in and average 20 ppg. The team needed one more big man, IMO.

I think he also just turned 17 - he's very young, with potential to get much better. Looks like he could add some muscle and be a real load in the middle.

I don't see many people expecting much from this kid. I actually think 4 to 6 minutes might actually be reasonable.

I'm trying to see a downside here since I'm reading a lot of negativity. People complaining about him not being extremely athletic do realize we are fine in that department right? I think Skal, Lee, and Poythress have us covered. From what I'm reading this really is that one dimension our front court is missing.

I guess this is who Matt Jones has been hinting at. Solid multi year player. Sign him

If this scares off Ayton, we dont want him

A future NBA D-league kid is not going to scare off a potential future NBA All-Star.

So adding depth is not contributing? Some here need Rosetta Stone for English.

His first year he's going to be Eloy Vargas if he plays...if that's what you all are looking for in 'depth' then [laughing].

Really not that hard to figure out, people.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Well. He's not overly athletic, but He's skilled at playing basketball. So, he's already ahead of lee and poythress in that regard

His first year he's going to be Eloy Vargas if he plays...if that's what you all are looking for in 'depth' then [laughing].

Playing 4 to 8 minutes/game and its subsequent impact on the game is in the eye of the beholder as far as contributions go. You made it seem like many of us were expecting this kid to be a main rotation cog. We don't.

Nope. The mods let any idiot post but they do provide an ignore feature to deal with the worst of them and the trolls.

As for Humphries, he is the perfect final piece for this team. As long as Skal is clear and Poy is healthy all this front court lacked was a big body who can rebound and plug the middle for 5-8 minutes a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT