ADVERTISEMENT

More Reeves Updates- this A.M.

Brandon Boston and Terrence Clarke (RIP) were part of a 9-16 team, but most of BBN would have rejoiced if they had come back for a second year.

You take the talent when you get the chance, and you run with it.
I would have loved to have Clarke back. I actually think he would have made a really good PG.
Boston, I wasn't sold on him even before he arrived on campus. I would have taken him back though, could only improve right.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I would have loved to have Clarke back. I actually think he would have made a really good PG.
Boston, I wasn't sold on him even before he arrived on campus. I would have taken him back though, could only improve right.
Plus, while it would have cost us Grady, I'd rather have had Clarke and Boston back.

G - Ty Ty
G - Clarke
G - Boston
F - Brooks
C - Oscar

Washington as a frosh and Clarke/Boston as super sophomores would have been intriguing.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
His caliber?...You mean the second leading scorer on your team possibly coming back?

What a drama queen to even say this. Every major college team is affected by a decision by their second leading scorer. Geez, some people on this board just need to step away from their keyboards...
Tell me you missed the point without telling me you missed the point.

If Reeves leads us to a national championship then I will eat crow and never post on here again.
Simply saying, he is not the caliber of player with NBA star potential that it would be nice to have next season to lead this team. Not really a jab at Reeves, but more of a jab at Calipari that we don't have better options.

But if you want to get down and dirty with it, don't get hung up on statistics. He shot a lot of 3's and 40% is nice, but its fair to say there where limitations in a lot of other aspects of his game.

And put me in the camp of wanting kids to play at UK that really want to be at UK. Seems like he's shopping around his services, and that's his prerogative, but I could take him or leave him.

Reactions: susan2361
Tell me you missed the point without telling me you missed the point.

If Reeves leads us to a national championship then I will eat crow and never post on here again.
Simply saying, he is not the caliber of player with NBA star potential that it would be nice to have next season to lead this team. Not really a jab at Reeves, but more of a jab at Calipari that we don't have better options.

But if you want to get down and dirty with it, don't get hung up on statistics. He shot a lot of 3's and 40% is nice, but its fair to say there where limitations in a lot of other aspects of his game.

And put me in the camp of wanting kids to play at UK that really want to be at UK. Seems like he's shopping around his services, and that's his prerogative, but I could take him or leave him.
We have enough NBA potential on this roster and what we really need is the experience Reeves brings.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and Cats192
really? 1-15 in the biggest game in his career to this point
I just really don't understand defining him by the 1 bad game. Guys have bad games. It just happens.

Jimmy Butler went 5/18 in an elimination game in the NBA Finals. If he could magically come play for us, you going to say "Nope, he melted in the finals?"

Of course not. You'd know that Jimmy Butler isn't his worst game.

Reeves isn't his worst game. He shot 40% last year at UK. He shot 39% the year before that at. EVEN with a terrible shooting game, he's a 40% 3 point shooter. On a team severely lacking in 3 point shooting and veterans--it would seem everyone is happy to have the guy.

LOL this Michigan guy in this space is so mad that reeves is coming back🤣

Wait, are we sure this is true? Are you going off the student roster? If so, that’s not an accurate document, there are students still on there that aren't actually at the school. I don't think it’s updated very often and I don't think they ever took Antonio off it when he went to UK.

But, maybe I missed something, if you don't mind, can.you let me know what you heard?
I’m not going off the roster. Let’s just say I know 100% that he’s taking classes at ISU.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I just really don't understand defining him by the 1 bad game. Guys have bad games. It just happens.

Jimmy Butler went 5/18 in an elimination game in the NBA Finals. If he could magically come play for us, you going to say "Nope, he melted in the finals?"

Of course not. You'd know that Jimmy Butler isn't his worst game.

Reeves isn't his worst game. He shot 40% last year at UK. He shot 39% the year before that at. EVEN with a terrible shooting game, he's a 40% 3 point shooter. On a team severely lacking in 3 point shooting and veterans--it would seem everyone is happy to have the guy.
it was more than one...pull up his season stats...it isn't pretty

Was Reeves one of the leading rebounders in the nation and national player of the year that carried us most of the last 2 years? When Reeves is that I will overlook his lack of defense.
I'm not arguing that, but Reeves didn’t Brandon Boston us. I see so many people on here trashing the guy because he had a bad game where he was simply doing what his coach told him to do.
We can point to a lot of guys that were poor defenders, but it doesn’t mean they should be kicked to the curb.

Reactions: track42
Was Reeves one of the leading rebounders in the nation and national player of the year that carried us most of the last 2 years? When Reeves is that I will overlook his lack of defense.
No. He was just a 40% 3 point shooter on a team without a lot of 3 point shooting.

You're just picking and choosing now. "Oh, I like rebounders, so rebounds don't have to defend." What?

Reactions: kyjeff1
it was more than one...pull up his season stats...it isn't pretty
The 40% 3 point shooting?
The 14 points per game?

His averages--the totality of the season--are good.

You're saying "But if you look at his few bad games..."

What I need him to be a high % 3 point shooter. That is exactly what he is. 40% on a season means he has a lot more good games than he does bad games.

Reactions: dl51344
I’m not going off the roster. Let’s just say I know 100% that he’s taking classes at ISU.
Do you have ANYTHING to back this up?

You're going to have to forgive me for not putting a ton of stock in the "trust me, I know it" post from a guy named bthaunert on a free message board.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I'm not arguing that, but Reeves didn’t Brandon Boston us. I see so many people on here trashing the guy because he had a bad game where he was simply doing what his coach told him to do.
We can point to a lot if guys that were poor defenders, but it doesn’t mean they should be kicked to the curb.

And they were mostly solid looks.

This isn't a uk vs WVU when we should have stopped shooting 3s. Ksu is lucky he missed that many good looks.

So maybe Cal should have had more shooters on the team so the pressure wasn't all on Reeves?

Frederick was considered a shooter. He was a glass man and injured and when he shot he mostly missed.

I agree we needed another healthy shooter that game.

And they were mostly solid looks.

This isn't a uk vs WVU when we should have stopped shooting 3s. Ksu is lucky he missed that many good looks.
Yeah, if he even made just 2 more of those, we win.
What was it, 1984 where the entire team shot one of the worst percentages in UK history and lost a game they were winning at halftime? Georgetown maybe?
Shit happens.

Cal won’t need to. Play Reeves off the others and he will get much better looks. If Reeves comes, this team can spread the floor, and has a much better outlook.
I hope so but I hope he doesn’t promise Reeves a starting spot because I feel like this could end up being another Wheeler situation. IMO Dillingham is the better player overall but we shall see

The 40% 3 point shooting?
The 14 points per game?

His averages--the totality of the season--are good.

You're saying "But if you look at his few bad games..."

What I need him to be a high % 3 point shooter. That is exactly what he is. 40% on a season means he has a lot more good games than he does bad games.
he was awful in the game that mattered most... and if he comes back we almost certainly won't get Joey Hart...I would rather roll the dice with him than a senior that has proven he chokes under pressure

Frederick was considered a shooter. He was a glass man and injured and when he shot he mostly missed.

I agree we needed another healthy shooter that game.
CJ came to UK as a high 40's percentage shooter and completely stunk up the joint all year, but if he wanted to come back, I bet nobidy wouod trash him like they are trashing Reeves.
Reeves gets the hate because ot was an NCAAT loss, but theoretically, CJ should have been out there hitting threes too, but he was injured and he sucked.
You need more than just a couple shooters to win. Seems like everyone else has shooters all over the court.

he was awful in the game that mattered most... and if he comes back we almost certainly won't get Joey Hart...I would rather roll the dice with him than a senior that has proven he chokes under pressure
Make up your mind.

It was 1 bad game. Then it was multiple bad games. Now it's 1 bad game.

You'd rather have an unproven kid that's never played a second of college ball than a guy that showed the ability to drop 30 vs the SEC? Doesn't make a ton of sense, but you do you.

I guess we can just agree to disagree.

Whaaaat? You would rather roll with Hart over Reeves?
Did Reeves personally do something to you?
Sorry man, but that's just an awful take, Hart isn’t even going to get in real game action in 23/24.

You welcome him back with open arms if he does return, no question. He has the ability to spread the floor so that Wagner, Edwards, etc can drive to the basket and teams can't pack the paint.

You guys talking about Boston I would not take him back for his Jr. year. He was way OVERRATED !
Exactly. There is absolutely no way in hell I would ever want to see BJB in a UK jersey ever again.
That guy played me-ball and appeared to be getting paid to lose games.
Clarke was legit, BJB is nowhere near UK caliber.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT