ADVERTISEMENT

More Reeves Updates- this A.M.

I just hope the team chemistry is fine . I have my concerns based off all of this .
I wonder about the team chemistry, as well. I hope it doesn't become another Wheeler situation. He didn't seem to want to be here.(or why else wait this long), so I guess NIL changed his mind. I know he will be an experienced player. But I just hope something doesn't happen (like playing time, starting position vs. Bench) that would cause him to get very upset and therefore cause team turmoil. You know, like if I don't get my way, I'll just quit on my team. We never know the whole story on anything like this...or Wheeler situation for that matter.

But he's back, so...........GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!💙

Big Picture
Most of the time players have subpar (shooting) games in their last game of the season.

Some recent UK examples:
Herro 3-11, loss
SGA 2-10, loss
Diallo 1-4, loss
TyTy 2-10, loss
Grady 2-17 (1-12 3pt), last two games, both losses
Reeves 1-15 (1-10 3pt), loss But 27.0 ppg/ 51% FG/ 46% 3Pt in 3-previous games, two wins/ one loss

Most of BBN would gladly take ANY of the above players for this next season IF they were still eligible!!!!!

It seems to me that Cal may have thought his "BDE" of putting so many players in the NBA was going to carry him and UK across this years portal threshold, without much effort or added enticement (NIL)......

Seriously doubt anyone is ‘hostage ‘. If he graduates with an undergrad degree he can hit the portal no matter what . He’s already transferred once , so as of a few months ago ( per NCAA) he can’t Use the portal again ..with or without the blessing of anyone. The NCAA has tightened up on that . Under some extreme cases like abuse , racism or some wild event one can apply to the NCAA for a waiver to leave the offending school and go play somewhere else. It’s all pretty cut and dry now .

Reeves is not holding the program hostage. Cal is not being played. Cal is not worrying about it one way or the other.

Reeves wants to play major minutes. He's not getting that here and he knows it. He's looking for a place where he can play. There's just not a demand for him among good contending teams. His NIL money is gonna be about the same anywhere.

He's deciding on whether he should go to mid major level school and play a lot or play some on a very good team.

He's not a make or break player. He would be OK to have as a role player. But no big loss if he leaves. He's finding he over valued his worth.

This is such a bad look for our program. Cal can’t be canned soon enough. My god.
No one is hostage . If he graduates with a degree anywhere he can enter the portal. Since he’s already transferred using the portal once , he can’t again as an undergraduate…per the NCAA.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Reeves is not holding the program hostage. Cal is not being played. Cal is not worrying about it one way or the other.

Reeves wants to play major minutes. He's not getting that here and he knows it. He's looking for a place where he can play. There's just not a demand for him among good contending teams. His NIL money is gonna be about the same anywhere.

He's deciding on whether he should go to mid major level school and play a lot or play some on a very good team.

He's not a make or break player. He would be OK to have as a role player. But no big loss if he leaves. He's finding he over valued his worth.

Oh shut up. We need the experience.

I bet he plays a lot more minutes than you think. As our BEST outside shooter, he is very important. Just the threat of his ability keeps teams from packing it in and limited Wagner from getting to the rim (which is his strength, not shooting). You have to have shooters to stretch the floor and create spacing for ANY offense to succeed. Surely you know this?? Maybe ?

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Just in the books. Breaking. We don't need him anyways. On to find our new player to take his place. A grad transfer most likely. One that won't miss everything.

Reeves is starter or sixth man who would play 22-30 plus mins a game

Seriously doubt anyone is ‘hostage ‘. If he graduates with an undergrad degree he can hit the portal no matter what . He’s already transferred once , so as of a few months ago ( per NCAA) he can’t Use the portal again ..with or without the blessing of anyone. The NCAA has tightened up on that . Under some extreme cases like abuse , racism or some wild event one can apply to the NCAA for a waiver to leave the offending school and go play somewhere else. It’s all pretty cut and dry now .
I think "mental issues" qualifies for getting multiple transfers..

I think Edwards and Wagner will be the leading scorers. Wagner will have the ball a lot and will be looking to attack. Edwards will be our best overall player.

I think Reeves (if he is back) will be the third leading scorer.

My concern is Reeves thinking he has to shoot it every time he touches it. This won’t be a team that will need him to take 15-20 shots a game.

Can he (or will he) adapt?
If Reeves is open, he needs to shoot it, if there's a lane to drive, he needs to drive it.
If he's not open, it means he's doing his job by spreading the court.
We really need Reeves and at least 2 more guys that can shoot.

I don't believe most of the schools after him would be considered mid major level, unless you sec the Big Ten mid major.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT