ADVERTISEMENT

Chaz Lanier's stats and measurements at G League Elite Camp

I bet there is a shit ton of analysis saying you are wrong.

Measurements are not everything or absolute destiny and every rule has some exceptions but generally the trends will track over time.

Identifying exceptions in order to ignore the rule is always hash.
I’d rather have a good smart player who can shoot the ball than another player because his hand width is a 1/4” wider. I understand the idea but damn, sometimes this stuff is ridiculous.

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
Lanier played at a lower level than Krissa, Oweh, and Brey.
Chandler was far and away a better prospect out of HS than CL.
It's all a crap shoot until they all get in gym and start competing with each other but there's really no evidence that Lanier is on another level from the other wing players on the team.

I’d rather have a good smart player who can shoot the ball than another player because his hand width is a 1/4” wider. I understand the idea but damn, sometimes this stuff is ridiculous.
Over time more of the guys with the quarter inch wider hands will be better players than the ones with the less broad palms all else being equal.

No one is suggesting grabbing dummy bricklayers because of a slight difference in some random measurable but it is not true that the measurables have no value.

Here is my question on Lanier

1. He's a PG/SG combo all the way.
2. We have Butler....who is a PG all the way.
3. We have Krissa who is a Pg/SG combo
4. Brea is a shooter who can play SF or SG....I think he's best suited for SG
5. Oweh is a SG/SF who will split those minutes

Do we project Lanier to be better than Butler and Krissa....and those guys move to lower in depth chart? I see no world where Brea moves to bench.
It is odd that Brea did not start for Dayton.

Reactions: K_TIME
Yeah, this seems to be the first Pope recruit I didn’t see something that he excels at, that made me say ok I can see why Pope wants him. I’ll wait and see if Pope wants him because I haven’t seen much tape on him but I’m kinda lost why this is the Cat you throw the money at.

I saw he had the best efficiency, but against lesser talent. This one has me wondering but ok I’ll wait and see, I’m only one of 100,000 coaches for this team.

Last edited:
Wait to see who pulls out of NBA draft. I could be wrong on him though.
There’s only going to be 3 options. And really 2 are up in the air, poplar and Robinson may stay in the draft. As of right now it’s looking like Robinson is staying in the draft. Jaylen wells could be an option, that’s one I’m watching because I haven’t seen him in any mock drafts at all. But most likely it’s laneir or poplar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT