ADVERTISEMENT

More Reeves Updates- this A.M.

Reeves has to be concerned about playing time, that is the only reasonable explanation for his actions. Maybe these Freshmen are better than we think?

I don't know if they are better than we think but the reality is the only way we could play with this roster (and get mins guys want- call it 25-30) would be to go with Edwards as a small ball 4 with a 3 guard lineup and either Ugo or Bradshaw at the 5.

JMHO

Reactions: Fox2monk
Reeves has to be concerned about playing time, that is the only reasonable explanation for his actions. Maybe these Freshmen are better than we think?
I agree...and he should be. I think he is also concerned about $$$. I have no idea where UK basketball is compared to other programs with available NIL $$$. But, all players are looking for the best $$$ and available PT.

Reeves sees Wagner, Dillingham, and Edwards and sees a split. IMO, Reeves will get a lot of minutes because he is the best perimeter shooter of the group. But, Calipari will play the 3 FR a lot of minutes.

I saw someone on Twitter say kentujcy doesn’t have to accept his classes from Illinois state or soemthing in order for him to graduate I have no idea if that’s true but that would be a petty move if true

I saw someone on Twitter say kentujcy doesn’t have to accept his classes from Illinois state or soemthing in order for him to graduate I have no idea if that’s true but that would be a petty move if true
That wouldn't make any sense. His degree would be from Illinois State. As long as Illinois State accepts his credits from UK, that's all that matters.

That wouldn't make any sense. His degree would be from Illinois State. As long as Illinois State accepts his credits from UK, that's all that matters.
That’s how I look at it it. And plus cal wouldn’t block a kid from doing something. I look at reeves like this, he clearly wants to transfer and it feels like it’s Michigan. Michigan has really tough admissions process, I don’t think of know if he can get it in time, they why right now I lean towards him going overseas or maybe back at Kentucky

That’s how I look at it it. And plus cal wouldn’t block a kid from doing something. I look at reeves like this, he clearly wants to transfer and it feels like it’s Michigan. Michigan has really tough admissions process, I don’t think of know if he can get it in time, they why right now I lean towards him going overseas or maybe back at Kentucky
The issue with Michigan is that when an undergraduate student tries to transfer in, they are picky about what credits transfer over. That's why Caleb Love had to find another school after initially transferring to Michigan because he didn't have enough credits that transferred over from UNC. In Reeves case, he would have a degree and would be enrolling in grad school, which would most likely not be a problem.

The Reeves one is a strange one though.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
The issue with Michigan is that when an undergraduate student tries to transfer in, they are picky about what credits transfer over. That's why Caleb Love had to find another school after initially transferring to Michigan because he didn't have enough credits that transferred over from UNC. In Reeves case, he would have a degree and would be enrolling in grad school, which would most likely not be a problem.

Everything in your post is 100% correct…..however I do think a huge issue could be that at school’s like Michigan the athletics department can’t force a graduate school to accept a student. And Michigan is an elite public university so it’s going to be hard based on academics alone for Reeves to get accepted into a graduate school if he isn’t given preferential athlete treatment. Also the NCAA rule requires the school you are transferring to offer a degree or program that isn’t already offered at the prior school (UK) which further narrows down the options.

He’s awful. An embarrassment. He was also thrown in jail for beating his kid.
I watched a live stream the other night from him, and he said he had reeves scoop and his scoop was that even though everything is telling him that’s it’s Michigan or Kentucky he is confident it’s Illinois this whole time

• Haha

Calipari needs to have one more meeting lay everything out ask him straight up what the holdup is or what is it he wants, see if they do that for him or find a middle ground and get him back if he is still unsure then it’s probably best for Kentucky to move on

Everything in your post is 100% correct…..however I do think a huge issue could be that at school’s like Michigan the athletics department can’t force a graduate school to accept a student. And Michigan is an elite public university so it’s going to be hard based on academics alone for Reeves to get accepted into a graduate school if he isn’t given preferential athlete treatment. Also the NCAA rule requires the school you are transferring to offer a degree or program that isn’t already offered at the prior school (UK) which further narrows down the options.
Of course they can't force, but graduate transfers are a whole different animal with a lot more leniency. If the team really wanted him, they would get him imo. As for the second part, I do not believe that is still a rule. That rule was in place prior to the transfer portal, but I do not believe that you have to pick a major that they did not have at your prior institution.

The issue with Michigan is that when an undergraduate student tries to transfer in, they are picky about what credits transfer over.

UK is the same way.

That's why Caleb Love had to find another school after initially transferring to Michigan because he didn't have enough credits that transferred over from UNC. In Reeves case, he would have a degree and would be enrolling in grad school, which would most likely not be a problem.

WHO would trust UNC classes at this point? Lol! Their degrees are signed with erasable pens afaiac

Reactions: bthaunert
I don't know if they are better than we think but the reality is the only way we could play with this roster (and get mins guys want- call it 25-30) would be to go with Edwards as a small ball 4 with a 3 guard lineup and either Ugo or Bradshaw at the 5.

JMHO
Not everyone on the team will/can get the minutes they want. Not possible w/ any team.

But if you are talking Wagner/Dillingham/Edwards/Reeves, there are 120 minutes at the 1-3 spots, that is 30mpg average for each of them. Maybe Sheppard takes a few. Maybe Theiro does, although unless we get someone better he may be our backup 4. But there's no reason to think Reeves can't carve out 25mpg.

The reenroll at ISU might have just been a bluffing move. Get UK to pony up the cash, finish his undergrad, and have the option to do what's best for him in August. If the money's not there, he can bounce.

Honestly maybe UK should just call his bluff. UK isn't winning anything that matters with or without reeves. Can we all agree on that due to who the coach is?

Most of us want calipari gone asap so if losing a 14 points per game guy makes cal leaving sooner a higher percentage then oh well.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and TM2013

JMHO
can't do that......ccc promised Bradshaw that he will play the forward position out on the floor

Calipari needs to have one more meeting lay everything out ask him straight up what the holdup is or what is it he wants, see if they do that for him or find a middle ground and get him back if he is still unsure then it’s probably best for Kentucky to move on
is there any one left in the protal?
if there is, ccc needs to go all out for him & tell Reeves to pack his crap.
Your game is old & tired of playing

Reactions: susan2361
KfyyuHz.png

Also of note, no one other than pitino won a national title their past 5 seasons. Cal, tubby, Rupp and of course Sutton didn't even make a final four the last 5 seasons.

Just reinforces to me uk is an 8 to 10 year job and at least tubby was smart enough to leave when he did. Thanks to barnie calipari has no incentive to do the same.

Reactions: Fox2monk and TM2013
For a man who supposedly cares about his legacy and ego, he's doing a lot to damage it.

Wild really. Also shows, that Tubby was still a solid coach that worked with what he had. His recruiting was starting to suffer, but he STILL made tourneys and won games.

Tubby also was consistent at not making final fours for his entire tenure after 1998. It is funny how 3 2nd round exits and 2 elite 8s are thought of as doing a good job here now. I guess compared to now it is but that's a low bar.

Did I miss something? It's not Cal's last 5 years. He is still the coach. Maybe do a middle 5 years record, because he is not going anywhere. So his last 5 is likely just the middle of his tenure. Lol, this post will post some off. 5 MORE YEARS of Cal, minimum.

That graphic shorted Joe B an NCCAT win. He actually had 7 in his last 5 seasons. Really, it was 7 wins in his last 3 seasons bc he lost in the 1st rd in 81 & 82. Also worth noting that the field didn’t expand to 64 until his last season in 85, or, he would very likely have a cpl more.

If Reeves is truly taking classes at ISU how can he transfer anyplace unless he graduates-even returning to UK us not an option!
Professor Pencil at your awakening beckon. Any teacher/professor can write in grades and give a person enough credits to "graduate" and become a graduate transfer. I am not saying that this is a UNC type of situation, but anything is possible.

Tubby also was consistent at not making final fours for his entire tenure after 1998. It is funny how 3 2nd round exits and 2 elite 8s are thought of as doing a good job here now. I guess compared to now it is but that's a low bar.
Point being, he never missed a tourney and worked with what he had. Meanwhile, Cal pulls in huge talent and can't even deliver consistent results.

I'm not saying Tubby was the second coming of Rupp. But he always treated fans with respect and put a good and watchable product on the floor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT