ADVERTISEMENT

More Reeves Updates- this A.M.

It’s actually not illegal. A student had to request their information not be released, otherwise it can be.
I looked it up, and to receive information of enrollment, you have to have personal information. Goodman would have to have Reeve's Social Security #.

We don’t want a guy that doesn’t want to be in Lexington.

Look, I’m completely fed up and over Cal… have been for sometime.

However, it seems he showed enormous patience and tried his best to get Reeves back and now being left hanging. Cal infuriates me constantly, but what is sadder is the lack of character among players these days.

We’ve had more bad character and untrustworthy guys as ever these last few years.

That’s Cals biggest failure. He’s brought in the wrong kind of kid… save a few.

I looked it up, and to receive information of enrollment, you have to have personal information. Goodman would have to have Reeve's Social Security #.
No you don’t. Enrollment status is considered “directory information” under FERPA and schools are permitted to disclose it. You also don’t need anything other than a name to make a request.

So much for those sources lol.

Yeah, doesn't seem like they panned out as of yet. This is a total sideshow.

Meanwhile this thread has 34K views...BBN...yeah we are nuts!

If we keep this pace we will surpass Gyero in about 3000 years.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
No you don’t. Enrollment status is considered “directory information” under FERPA and schools are permitted to disclose it. You also don’t need anything other than a name to make a request.
You mean Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, which gives parents rights to students records, how dow that give rights to sports media members. Anyway, I was just telling what I read.

You mean Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, which gives parents rights to students records, how dow that give rights to sports media members. Anyway, I was just telling what I read.
FERPA dictates what is considered an educational record, to whom those records may be released and under what circumstances.

Per the Illinois State Registrar’s office, here is the policy on public disclosure of directory information:

At its discretion, Illinois State University may provide “directory information” in accordance with the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). Directory information is defined as that information which would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed. Designated directory information at Illinois State University includes the following: student’s name*, address (local & home), telephone listing (local and home), Illinois State University email address, month and day of birth, place of birth, major field of study, dates of attendance, grade level, enrollment status (e.g. undergraduate or graduate, full-time or part-time), participation in officially recognized activities or sports, weight or height of members of athletic teams, target graduation date, degrees, honors and awards received, and the most recent educational agency or institution attended. Students may block the public disclosure of directory information by notifying the Office of the University Registrar in writing prior to the first day of classes.”​

I also didn't know they are allowed to say whether a student was enrolled or not.
Apparently they can make “directory information” available and they would only decline to do so if the student specifically asked for it to be kept private

This is going to be a shit show of a season isn't it... 2020 2.0?
Oh and FU Reeves you POS. Tell UK you’re coming back then basically ghost them and then enroll at ISU? Unreal..
Yeah it’s a joke, I just watched his interview after the tourney loss. I love the school, the fans, blah blah blah. I’d love to be back. Sure seems like it huh?

If Reeves is truly taking classes at ISU how can he transfer anyplace unless he graduates-even returning to UK us not an option!

I remember after the KSU defeat in the 2nd round and when they talked to all the seniors most were saying they would be leaving. Reeves was one though when they spoke to him he said he really enjoyed Kentucky and the coaching staff at Kentucky. He even mentioned about coming back for a second season at UK. Most have been saying Illinois is where Reeves is headed for next season if he does graduate and goes in the Transfer Portal. If you look at Illinois they have 3 or 4 transfer guards and 1 guard recruit that is a 4-star player plus 2 or 3 that is returning to Illinois. Illinois has 7 or 8 Guards/wings at the 1-3 position and it looks like they are at 13 players currently for next season. So, if Reeves is worried about the Freshmen 1-3 positions at UK next season he will see that plus Terrence Shannon plays wing and averaged 33mpg. this past season at Illinois. Reeves played 28mpg. this past season at Kentucky and in Reeves last 15 games he averaged 32mpg and in those games averaged 18ppg. and shot 40% from 3. You would think with those numbers that Reeves put up and playing approx. 30mpg. and averaging 15ppg and shooting 40% from 3 he would want to return to UK. It would seem going to another school and being this late that Reeves will have to prove himself in Starting, Minutes, and shots. I still believe that it is the NIL(Money) that he is looking for and some of these B10 schools are throwing out more than Kentucky at this time.

I don't claim to know what is going on with Reeves

but some of the posts here don't seem to recognize what happened last season

Reeves was not utilized, first Cal insisted on a big line up and then he continued to play Reeves behind CJ as the shooter.

One could argue differently, but It took Wheeler getting moved to the bench, Cason AND CJ getting hurt before Cal depended on Reeves with serious minutes and even then Cal wouldn't commit to playing him. He was still trying to figure out ways to get Ware, Thiero, Collins and Livingston out there (which I'm not arguing Cal shouldn't have done - it just that it was so random, so without a bigger plan).

I think the primary issue is Cal's lack of faith or commitment to giving Reeves a consistent role is the biggest driver, and with his freshmen coming in, Reeves will have to go thru the exact same thing. Cal is going to give those Freshmen multiple chances to fail, along with losses, while Reeves is on the bench swiping right on his phone.

I can easily see a situation where Reeves is saying, yea, I'll come back, but you're going to have to pay me a boatload of money to sit on the bench watching another shxxshow of a season while Cal tries to figure out how to coach a team. Meanwhile he is also seeing Cal go all in on Dickson while essentially telling a NPOY and 15 rpg guy that we can take or leave him coming back.

While I hate the mercenary mentality of kids that come to Kentucky, in Reeves case, I don't really blame him.

What do the fans have to do with it? We didn't create the culture and we have nothing to do with players sitting, players pouting and players mind f*cking everyone.

I hope you can explain, I think maybe I'm not understanding your post?!? If I did, I'm sorry.
I'm not hearing about this kinda crap happening at any other school.

My response was to this statement. I think this is happening at a lot of other schools also. We just don't hear about it because no one cares to report about it outside of their own local media outlets. But, because we have such a dialed in fanbase, literally anyone who wants to make a name for themselves will report on what they think is happening at UK. (edit) And the fans here will support any piece of information by clicking and reading.

Maybe Kansas, Duke, and UNC are the only programs that get similar media attention...and I don't think it's even close with those programs.

The culture at UK sucks. It is a combination of many shitty things...Calipari and player's first, NIL, immediate and unlimited transfer. BTW, I am not opposed to player's first. I am opposed to player's first when it becomes a detriment to the program. And Calipari has allowed it to happen. I'm not sure "player's first" can exist in this era of college basketball with NIL and the transfer rules being what they are.

Yeah, but that has nothing with what I said.

"Players first + generation Z = a disaster".

You can't create a players first environment with this generation of kids, you will lose every time.

I have no idea what that has to do with the fanbase being so passionate.
I agree 100%...player's first doesn't work now.

But, this shit is happening elsewhere. All programs are losing players like Kentucky. Kids are shopping for the best $$$$ first and foremost (NIL) - but also for the best situation to showcase their talents (unlimited transfers). UNC lost Caleb Love to transfer. UM lost Dickinson to transfer. Kansas lost two unaccomplished kids to transfer. Programs are losing players. Then you have programs being strung along with the draft and decision-making. Kaluma, Nelson, and all of those players that tested the NBA draft possibility but then decided to come back. I'm sure Creighton was waiting for the Kaluma decision.

This situation with Reeves reeks of desperation from Calipari. But, Reeves is the best shooter available and, aside from maybe a couple of other kids in the portal from day 1, has been the best option for a shooter at UK for next season. What shooter comes to UK with no guaranteed big NIL $$$ and the shadow of Reeves hanging above?

IMO, you recruit over kids that want to test the draft...the same way you recruit over returning players. No guaranteed spots...you make players earn what they want. But, let's be real...players don't want that. They want guarantees. Ultimately, you can't let the players run the program. It would be like driving the car directly off a cliff.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Of all the players Reeves leaving would be the biggest embarrassment for Cal, and therefore UK of any player who has left. It would point out just how much in disarray this program is in. To me personally, it also points out how high Cal had viewed himself on the mountain and how far off that mt he should see he has fallen.

Last edited:
Reactions: TM2013
Before NIL that's where this guy would have already been.

I wonder why he hates UK that much. I know the lazy and cliche answer is calipari but most players enjoy him for whatever reason.
Reeves has to be concerned about playing time, that is the only reasonable explanation for his actions. Maybe these Freshmen are better than we think?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT