ADVERTISEMENT

Jaxson Robinson Enters Portal! Here we go

I hope our core will be in place by the end of next week (fingers crossed).

Starters

PG Butler- leader/winner, defensive stopper.
SG Mahaney- shooter.
SF Robinson- perimeter go-to-guy.
PF Osobor- interior go-to-guy.
C Williams- interior defender.

Reserves

F Carr- 6th man, top frontcourt reserve/scorer.
G Oweh- top backcourt reserve/defensive stopper.
C Boyed- backup big man.
G Chandler- wing depth.
G Perry- backcourt depth.

That’s a solid 10 with room to add a couple more pieces.

This would be a big one. Kid is an all-SEC talent. Him, Mahaney and White together would be amazing
All SEC talent but 6th man of the year?

Best player didn't start? Who'd the coach make promises to?

Don't tell people that Pope didn't start his best player......

..... and they got off to slow start because of it and couldn't come back and lost

Hes not though, you are aware he’s played two full season’s in the SEC already correct? I haven’t done the research but I’d guess he’s played against UK 3-4 times and played in Rupp twice. The fact you don’t remember is exactly my point. I mean that with all due respect to yall and the kid. I will say he seems like a nice kid and maybe he improved some, but he didn’t improve that much. I guess you could do worse, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on him.
Development and improvement arent a thing I guess lol. Antonio Reeves and Dalton Knecht among many others say hi. players who went from ho hums to SEC all stars

Makes me a little warry for one reason. A BYU fan described him as a ball hog. But they had to have his scoring. Remember them talking about him shooting the ball a lot. Talked like we would be better off staying away. I know he is regarded as around the seventh best or so at his position in college. And he may come here and play great.

White seems to be a safer choice. I know White shoots a lot also but he is obviously a level up on Robinson. If Robinson comes I will support and cheer for him. Just thought I would throw those things out there. That three spot looks like it is going to be the key for us having a solid team with who we already have and probably going to get. Just hoping the right guy is here for that position.

I don't think its reasonable to expect Pope to lock him down immediately

all indications from his social media is he is out there for the taking by anyone and he wants to evaluate his NBA prospects.

That isn't someone who is going to be locked down anytime soon, IMO.

Hes not though, you are aware he’s played two full season’s in the SEC already correct? I haven’t done the research but I’d guess he’s played against UK 3-4 times and played in Rupp twice. The fact you don’t remember is exactly my point. I mean that with all due respect to yall and the kid. I will say he seems like a nice kid and maybe he improved some, but he didn’t improve that much. I guess you could do worse, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on him.
Never seen an Arkansas fan so obsessed with Kentucky. Man.

KSR Reporting

ANOTHA ONE!!
Mark Pope has landed Oklahoma transfer guard Otega Oweh.
😼
😼

That’s two commits in two days for the Kentucky head coach.

so the pieces are falling

So SEC freshman did not average 30 and 10 assists and as a sophomore the same and goes out west to play, all the while getting older, gaining knowledge, working on his craft and you know already he is not SEC quality. LOL

You people that are hating every move are just plain miserable. You got miserable under CAL (like most of us), you then got the chance to get more miserable due to the coaching hire and now ever get UK will get will be the same thing. As of right now Lebron James, Magic Johnson, Jordan, Jabbar and Bird (all in their youth) could sign and you all would have negative crap to write about this team, coach and so forth. I bet no matter who we get you will have the same negative turn on each piece of news. Just laughable how miserable our fanbase has become. And misery loves company. You all will just line up.

I am HAPPY CAL is in FAYETTEVILLE!!! I am happy his stupidity is not ours to worry about.

Dude, your shtick is up. You’re here just to sow discontent among the masses. Please go elsewhere.
Can you give me an example of that? I simply shared a personal opinion on a kid I’ve seen in person, for an entire season. Even in that observation, it wasn’t “negative”, I was very complimentary of the kid as a person and his perspective role, but I stand by he’s not necessarily “elite”. I base that on watching him play, in person, over the course of an entire season. Is that what you’re calling “sowing discontent”, or are you referring to something else?

So SEC freshman did not average 30 and 10 assists and as a sophomore the same and goes out west to play, all the while getting older, gaining knowledge, working on his craft and you know already he is not SEC quality. LOL

You people that are hating every move are just plain miserable. You got miserable under CAL (like most of us), you then got the chance to get more miserable due to the coaching hire and now ever get UK will get will be the same thing. As of right now Lebron James, Magic Johnson, Jordan, Jabbar and Bird (all in their youth) could sign and you all would have negative crap to write about this team, coach and so forth. I bet no matter who we get you will have the same negative turn on each piece of news. Just laughable how miserable our fanbase has become. And misery loves company. You all will just line up.

I am HAPPY CAL is in FAYETTEVILLE!!! I am happy his stupidity is not ours to worry about.
My man I don’t “hate” the kid, I don’t “hate” the move, I’m not miserable and don’t want anybody else to be miserable either. I was simply trying to give you a first hand account to keep any of you from being unnecessarily disappointed. He’s a solid sixth man, he’s a really solid addition, but he's not a championship caliber centerpiece of a team type guy. But brother that’s just my opinion, no more no less, talking like grown ups isn’t “negative” or hateful. You’ve got no issue telling me your truth about our coach, why wouldn’t you, that’s what we’re here for.

Development and improvement arent a thing I guess lol. Antonio Reeves and Dalton Knecht among many others say hi. players who went from ho hums to SEC all stars
I concede he definitely has gotten better, never suggested otherwise, I hope he’s all SEC…hell I hope he’s player of the year, he’s a great kid.

You watched him with your own eyes three years ago in the SEC when he didn’t play? Or past year when he was the highest scorer on a top 25 team? Bc I’ve watched about 8 of BYU’s games now from last year. I think people are a little over-optimistic about him when they call him super athletic, but he is absolutely a high impact guy on a good team. Great shooter, long, smart player. And maybe most importantly he’s a carry-over from Pope’s BYU team. I really want at least one BYU transfer bc I think it will help a lot to have someone on the team who isn’t a coach that can help guys with the system. Didn’t have to be Robinson, but at this point it looks like he’s the only option left.
Now that is actually a valid point, he does have additional value based on familiarity of the system and Coach Pope’s expectations. That’s fair, still don’t know that I’d call him an elite get per se but that’s fair.

My man I don’t “hate” the kid, I don’t “hate” the move, I’m not miserable and don’t want anybody else to be miserable either. I was simply trying to give you a first hand account to keep any of you from being unnecessarily disappointed. He’s a solid sixth man, he’s a really solid addition, but he's not a championship caliber centerpiece of a team type guy. But brother that’s just my opinion, no more no less, talking like grown ups isn’t “negative” or hateful. You’ve got no issue telling me your truth about our coach, why wouldn’t you, that’s what we’re here for.
Agree 100%.
OK man we just got, started in the big 12 (comparable to SEC competition) and averaged 12 4 and such. Why would he not be good enough to start here. Not saying he will start but we could do a lot worse for starters.

Reactions: Fox2monk
A bit disappointing that he didn't enter with a "Do Not Contact" tag. Not going to lie. This one should be UK, and if it's not, then idk.
Well he’s played at 3-4 different schools, he’s never stayed in one spot for long.

I think he’ll follow Pope, he flourished in Pope’s offense to the point where he’s now an NBA pick, he has a chance to play in that same offense but be surrounded by even more talented players and be developed by the best staff in college ball.

If we don’t get him, I just hope he doesn’t go to a team we’re going to play.

Reactions: catben and Fox2monk
Does 100% open mean send me your $$$ offers?
That’s my guess . And I don’t blame him for it . He should be paid what he is worth and not be expected to basically give several hundred dollars to our program just to please us . He owes us nothing until he signs . And if you don’t understand that you are not living in reality .

Well he’s played at 3-4 different schools, he’s never stayed in one spot for long.

I think he’ll follow Pope, he flourished in Pope’s offense to the point where he’s now an NBA pick, he has a chance to play in that same offense but be surrounded by even more talented players and be developed by the best staff in college ball.

If we don’t get him, I just hope he doesn’t go to a team we’re going to play.
To be fair, the talent he had around him AT BYU beat KU, NCSt, Iowa St. Baylor, Texas, etc and finished 10-8 in B12 for a 5/6 seed. So BYU talent wasn't chopped liver. Still a couple kids on that roster I'd love to have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT