ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones regarding the NIL at UK.

Ok, so what is "market value"?
I have no idea, I just no they thought that it was so valuable that they pay $210 million over 15 years. Despite the lies y’all spew, you have to pay licensing fees for the use of logos at Alabama, Tennessee, Louisville , Texas, and almost every other major college program and professional team. Y’all single out UK and act like JMI is doing something other programs aren’t doing. That’s false, you will pay for the use of officially licensed gear of every NCAA program.

Demanding market value for something they paid major money for is a problem? Brady wanted to profit for free off of something they paid hundreds of millions of dollars for. Everyone else seems to make it work without the use of a logo but it’s a problem because he couldn’t figure it out. The UK logo has great value, they paid a great price for it, Brady wanted welfare. There are like 5 to 6 examples above, Alabama LB Will Anderson, Texas RB Bijan Robinson, Tennessee QB Henson Hooker, Louisville QB Malik they somehow made it work without a team logo. Simpletons who don’t know basic business practices spewing nonsense and promoting a narrative that hurts UK.
You do understand that UK's NIL is not a limited resource. There is nothing wrong with licensing based on product value, per unit. It doesn't harm JMI in any way. It doesn't take away any current licensing. It would open new revenue streams. I'm guessing JMI just doesn't want to fool with it because its small. They probably make 100 per jersey. Im sure they could make 10 per photo and get by. You can bet when new contracts with these companies are done, there will be myriad adjustments to allow for as much NIL use as possible.

Mitch should still have a sit down with them. I'd like to see the contract but they've made it harder to get. There used to be a link to it.

Reactions: catben
Everyone else can figure it out except for UK fans who want to promote a narrative that UK doesn’t support NIL. Alabama player, no logo, no mention of Bama and it’s not a problem doing an NIL deal. Texas player, no logo no mention of Texas and it’s not a problem doing an NIL deal. Tennessee player, no logo, no mention of UT, not a problem doing an NIL deal. Louisville player, no logo, no mention of UL, doing a NIL deal not a problem. Brady James can’t use the logo and can’t figure out how to put Will Levis in a blue tshirt, promotes the narrative that UK makes NIL difficult. Only Kentucky fans scream to the world that our program doesn’t support NIL. Imagine negative recruiting against your own program.
That one is probably because there are already athletic wear contracts in place. Its quite likely Rhoback or whatever their name is couldn't pay a licensing fee.

Licensing - Prospective Licensees​

Picture of cheerleader taken from behind with pom-poms raised in the air

HOME | PROSPECTIVE LICENSEES | CURRENT LICENSEES | CRAFTERS | ENFORCEMENT | CAMPUS DEPARTMENTS | FAQ | LOGOS (PDF)

Types of IMGCL Licenses​

The University own the rights to the logos, symbols, verbiage, and marks that reference The University of Alabama. In addition, the University controls the use of those marks, logos, symbols, nicknames, letter(s), word(s) or combination of these that can be associated with The University of Alabama. Anyone wishing to use a University trademark or one which can be associated with the University (PDF) must obtain a license. There are four types of licenses, all managed through IMGCL:
  • Internal Campus Supplier (ICS) - For companies which will produce products for on-campus departments and groups at the University of Alabama. With this license, a company is not permitted to sell products to retail. Royalties are exempt on most sales into this channel.
  • Local License - For companies desiring to sell licensed products bearing University trademarks, and whose businesses are based within the state of Alabama. These items can be sold to retail stores across the country and online, and royalties will be due on all items sold. Only institutions located in the state of Alabama are applicable to this license.
  • Standard License - For companies desiring to sell licensed products bearing University trademarks, as well as become licensed for other IMGCL institutions that fall outside the state of Alabama.
  • NCAA/Bowl/Conference Licenses - These are special licenses that are available to companies that wish to obtain rights to use the trademarks of the NCAA, bowl games, or athletic conferences for use on licensed merchandise, either alone or in conjunction with the University's trademarks. Licensing rights to these properties may be more expensive to obtain, depending on the event and the extent of the rights and product categories desired by the company.

How do I start the Licensing Process with The University of Alabama?​

To obtain a licensing application, visit IMGCL's websiteand click on Get Licensed. The Apply Now page will allow you to fill out your application online. You can also visit the IMGCL website for information about the various Types of Licenses and Business Considerations involved with collegiate licensing. View the About page on their site for additional IMGCL contact info.

What is the Licensing Process?​

Alabama Trademark Licensing evaluates each licensing application on a case by case basis and must grant approval of the completed application before any merchandise can be produced for sale. This process ensures that every product bearing the marks of Alabama will be of a high quality, and protects all parties, including the University, from future liability. The licensing process can vary in length due a number of factors outlined on the Get Licensed page.

Other Trademark Requests​

If you intend to use the trademarks of the University of Alabama for a one-time, non-commercial use and do not plan on selling your item (i.e. a memorial), you can email pmills@ia.ua.edu. Please include your complete contact information as well as the proposed use of the University's trademark(s) in detail.

Wait what? They charge licensing fees too. Home Alone surprise face. Alabama is hurting NIL like JMI, I wonder if their fans promote that narrative.

Except for JMI doesn’t try to prevent players from profiting off of NIL. It’s a dumb lie made up by ignorant KSR sheep. Why on earth would JMI even care, that’s not how they make money. These clowns can’t even make their lies make sense.

They will never tell you what players are not allowed to do because they are lying.
Dude you’re talking out of your ass. JMI owns the media and trademark rights to UK. JMI doesn’t stop players from profiting off of NIL but they have to do so without the UK logo, a UK jersey or any other trademark or property they (JMI) owns…unless they pay for the usage of the trademark. A picture or promotional material of say Barion Brown is more valuable if it uses those UK trademarks. As it presently stands the price to use them is too high for a small business to pay.

Licensing - Prospective Licensees​

Picture of cheerleader taken from behind with pom-poms raised in the air

HOME | PROSPECTIVE LICENSEES | CURRENT LICENSEES | CRAFTERS | ENFORCEMENT | CAMPUS DEPARTMENTS | FAQ | LOGOS (PDF)

Types of IMGCL Licenses​

The University own the rights to the logos, symbols, verbiage, and marks that reference The University of Alabama. In addition, the University controls the use of those marks, logos, symbols, nicknames, letter(s), word(s) or combination of these that can be associated with The University of Alabama. Anyone wishing to use a University trademark or one which can be associated with the University (PDF) must obtain a license. There are four types of licenses, all managed through IMGCL:
  • Internal Campus Supplier (ICS) - For companies which will produce products for on-campus departments and groups at the University of Alabama. With this license, a company is not permitted to sell products to retail. Royalties are exempt on most sales into this channel.
  • Local License - For companies desiring to sell licensed products bearing University trademarks, and whose businesses are based within the state of Alabama. These items can be sold to retail stores across the country and online, and royalties will be due on all items sold. Only institutions located in the state of Alabama are applicable to this license.
  • Standard License - For companies desiring to sell licensed products bearing University trademarks, as well as become licensed for other IMGCL institutions that fall outside the state of Alabama.
  • NCAA/Bowl/Conference Licenses - These are special licenses that are available to companies that wish to obtain rights to use the trademarks of the NCAA, bowl games, or athletic conferences for use on licensed merchandise, either alone or in conjunction with the University's trademarks. Licensing rights to these properties may be more expensive to obtain, depending on the event and the extent of the rights and product categories desired by the company.

How do I start the Licensing Process with The University of Alabama?​

To obtain a licensing application, visit IMGCL's websiteand click on Get Licensed. The Apply Now page will allow you to fill out your application online. You can also visit the IMGCL website for information about the various Types of Licenses and Business Considerations involved with collegiate licensing. View the About page on their site for additional IMGCL contact info.

What is the Licensing Process?​

Alabama Trademark Licensing evaluates each licensing application on a case by case basis and must grant approval of the completed application before any merchandise can be produced for sale. This process ensures that every product bearing the marks of Alabama will be of a high quality, and protects all parties, including the University, from future liability. The licensing process can vary in length due a number of factors outlined on the Get Licensed page.

Other Trademark Requests​

If you intend to use the trademarks of the University of Alabama for a one-time, non-commercial use and do not plan on selling your item (i.e. a memorial), you can email pmills@ia.ua.edu. Please include your complete contact information as well as the proposed use of the University's trademark(s) in detail.

Wait what? They charge licensing fees too. Home Alone surprise face. Alabama is hurting NIL like JMI, I wonder if their fans promote that narrative.
Just like our collective discussion, you can't wrap your little mind around what is really being said.

Reactions: JHB4UK
Dude you’re talking out of your ass. JMI owns the media and trademark rights to UK. JMI doesn’t stop players from profiting off of NIL but they have to do so without the UK logo, a UK jersey or any other trademark or property they (JMI) owns…unless they pay for the usage of the trademark. A picture or promotional material of say Barion Brown is more valuable if it uses those UK trademarks. As it presently stands the price to use them is too high for a small business to pay.
Nah I’m speaking facts. You’re talking out of your ass and don’t know common business practices. Y’all are crying and wanting something of value for free then spewing ignorance about UK and JMI holding back NIL. Guess what, you pay licensing fees for use of everyone’s logo. Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Louisville, everyone.

Of course it’s more valuable with UK trademarks, that’s why they paid so much for it. Even after seeing multiple examples of NIL deals with team logos y’all are still crying. Learn how the real world works and stop lying about common business practices that everyone does and claiming its holding back NIL here.

Nah I’m speaking facts. You’re talking out of your ass and don’t know common business practices. Y’all are crying and wanting something of value for free then spewing ignorance about UK and JMI holding back NIL. Guess what, you pay licensing fees for use of everyone’s logo. Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Louisville, everyone.

Of course it’s more valuable with UK trademarks, that’s why they paid so much for it. Even after seeing multiple examples of NIL deals with team logos y’all are still crying. Learn how the real world works and stop lying about common business practices that everyone does and claiming its holding back NIL here.
Those “multiple examples” are the few athletes that can attract national attention. Yeah, multi-billion dollar companies can pay $125K as a part of $50million campaigns. Your local restaurant or car dealership that spends $10-20K/yr on advertising can’t. 99% of all NIL deals will be with small local businesses.
The question isn’t if they should pay but if JMI should create tiers where pricing is done on levels perhaps based upon a business’s net revenue.

Those “multiple examples” are the few athletes that can attract national attention. Yeah, multi-billion dollar companies can pay $125K as a part of $50million campaigns. Your local restaurant or car dealership that spends $10-20K/yr on advertising can’t. 99% of all NIL deals will be with small local businesses.
The question isn’t if they should pay but if JMI should create tiers where pricing is done on levels perhaps based upon a business’s net revenue.
LOL, y’all always make excuses when proven wrong. Y’all have lied for months and promoted a narrative that hurts UK. Keep pushing your BS agenda because you’re clueless about common business practices. It hurts UK but there is nothing more important to KSR sheep and Cats Illustrated posters that piggy back them than that your BS narrative.

Last edited:

Ok, either admit that once again you're a liar or show where anyone wanted something of value for free. I'll wait.

Last edited:
LOL, y’all alway make excuses when proven wrong. Y’all have lied for months and promoted a narrative that hurts UK. Keep pushing your BS agenda because you’re clueless about common business practices. It hurts UK but there is nothing more important to KSR sheep and Cats Illustrated posters that piggy back them than that your BS narrative.
You say "common business practices" in a hilarious way. My guess is you've never run a business. I've run many over the past 35 years. All were and are successful. Stop your arrogant crap. You simply don't understand what is being said. You had the same problem in our other discussion. You think you're smart but you struggle to get past what you think you're reading. Kinda sad really.

You say "common business practices" in a hilarious way. My guess is you've never run a business. I've run many over the past 35 years. All were and are successful. Stop your arrogant crap. You simply don't understand what is being said. You had the same problem in our other discussion. You think you're smart but you struggle to get past what you think you're reading. Kinda sad really.
Stop your lying. You’ve been lying for months Mr you can’t give to a collective unless they’ve been approved by UK. Remember that ignorant lie that you made up. As if UK would have any way of knowing what collective you give to or anyway to stop you. Know it all who can’t even make your lies make sense.

I know exactly what you’re saying, your mad because your message board buddy can’t get something for free or set his own price for someone else’s property.

You spew lie after lie then sit on your high horse like you’re some expert. Maybe you should use all your successful businesses to do NIL deals and stop lying and crying. Good luck with the next lie you make up.

Ok, either admit that once again you're a liar or show where anyone wanted something of value for free. I'll wait.
You were crying about the card shop owner having to pay market value. Keep lying fraud. Lie after lie. Maybe you should give up some of your profits of your many successful businesses for another company to profit off of.

Oh and yes, paying licensing fees is a common business practice if you want to use a teams logo. That’s why you see numerous athletes doing ads in generic clothing without logos. LOL at you, clueless know it all.

Here’s Levis’s Paul Miller Ford/Bronco Ad.

It uses the word “wildcat” at the end, but has no UK apparel or references:

Team Jerseys:
I was going to buy a Dione Walker jersey, but there is no option for him. I wonder if that means he made a separate deal.

OMG, Canes somehow figured out how to use Malik Cunningham in a Canes t shirt instead of a Louisville jersey. You mean to tell me UL is holding back NIL too?

LOL at the conclusions y’all jumped too because Brady James didn’t want to pay for something that has great value like everyone else has to using players from other programs. Weird that other people can figure it out and y’all are still lost in the weeds and promoting false narratives.
You think $125,000 for a player to wear their UK uniform is worth it for them to sell their autographed 8x10’s to fans? This wasn’t a money making endeavor for me. It was to help our players make some extra $.

You think $125,000 for a player to wear their UK uniform is worth it for them to sell their autographed 8x10’s to fans? This wasn’t a money making endeavor for me. It was to help our players make some extra $.

Let's say you have Dane key sign autographs. What would the difference be in turnout between "Dane key wide receiver" vs "dane key wide receiver for the university of Kentucky"?

Would there be a turnout difference at all? If so, what percentage loss in turnout would there be?

I am curious. Thanks.

I think you should have done like everyone else and had them in a generic jersey instead of promoting a BS narrative that UK doesn’t support NIL. You could have had fans brings their own photos or memorabilia for players to sign. Instead you helped to promote a false narrative that hurts UK.

I think you should have done like everyone else and had them in a generic jersey instead of promoting a BS narrative that UK doesn’t support NIL. You could have had fans brings their own photos or memorabilia for players to sign. Instead you helped to promote a false narrative that hurts UK.
UK didn’t support NIL at that time. People like you sit on the sidelines criticizing those that try to do things to have a positive impact for our players. This isn’t just about UK. Some of these players have real struggles outside Mitch’s budget. With NIL, they can monetize their value and I’m glad it’s here.

Reactions: JHB4UK and catben
UK didn’t support NIL at that time. People like you sit on the sidelines criticizing those that try to do things to have a positive impact for our players. This isn’t just about UK. Some of these players have real struggles outside Mitch’s budget. With NIL, they can monetize their value and I’m glad it’s here.
How did UK not support NIL? Zero chance you answer because that’s made up BS that y’all keep spreading. Dudes were getting NIL deals in 2021 but UK didn’t support NIL then? LOL, OK. Wandale Robinson, Will Levis, Bully, Paschal, the o lime had NIL deals then. What on earth are you talking about UK didn’t support NIL?

BTW, sitting on the sidelines is better than lying and pushing a false narrative that UK doesn’t support NIL. Everyone figured it out except for you. That’s a you problem, not a UK supporting NIL problem.

How did UK not support NIL? Zero chance you answer because that’s made up BS that y’all keep spreading. Dudes were getting NIL deals in 2021 but UK didn’t support NIL then? LOL, OK. Wandale Robinson, Will Levis, Bully, Paschal, the o lime had NIL deals then. What on earth are you talking about UK didn’t support NIL?

BTW, sitting on the sidelines is better than lying and pushing a false narrative that UK doesn’t support NIL. Everyone figured it out except for you. That’s a you problem, not a UK supporting NIL problem.
UK was behind in NIL due to being cautious. They were afraid of it. That’s my opinion. Mitch/UK did approve our six figure deal with Will. They also approved our $10,000 deals with DeAndre and Tayvion. So I am not pushing some narrative that UK didn’t allow a business to draw up a contract and do an NIL deal with a player.

Supporting it and allowing it are two different things.

In the last month or two things have changed some since KSR/Stoops and the 15 collective have gotten the groundwork laid.

He says UK didn’t support NIL at that time. I asked how did UK not support NIL, he comes back with they were cautious and some nonsense about allowing it and supporting it aren’t the same. They claim UK didn’t support NIL, not a single one of them can say how? What specifically did UK do to not support NIL.

If I accuses someone of something, I’m gonna be able to say what they did. They only care about forwarding Matt Jones narrative. Notice how vague every accusation they make is.

UK was behind in NIL due to being cautious. They were afraid of it. That’s my opinion. Mitch/UK did approve our six figure deal with Will. They also approved our $10,000 deals with DeAndre and Tayvion. So I am not pushing some narrative that UK didn’t allow a business to draw up a contract and do an NIL deal with a player.

Supporting it and allowing it are two different things.

In the last month or two things have changed some since KSR/Stoops and the 15 collective have gotten the groundwork laid.
Brady knows more about the process than probably anyone on here. What he says is how I totally understand it from speaking to those involved with the football program and recruiting.

Reactions: catben
Brady knows more about the process than probably anyone on here. What he says is how I totally understand it from speaking to those involved with the football program and recruiting.
Todd Harris knows more about the process than Brady James and says what he claims isn’t true. Brady James can’t even explain how UK doesn’t support NIL but had no problem making that claim.

What he said was a word salad that didn’t explain how UK didn’t support NIL. Weird that none of you can explain it, you just seem to like to negative recruit UK. Get it out there to everyone that UK doesn’t support NIL, can’t explain it but y’all gotta get the word out.

Todd Harris knows more about the process than Brady James and says what he claims isn’t true. Brady James can’t even explain how UK doesn’t support NIL but had no problem making that claim.

What he said was a word salad that didn’t explain how UK didn’t support NIL. Weird that none of you can explain it, you just seem to like to negative recruit UK. Get it out there to everyone that UK doesn’t support NIL, can’t explain it but y’all gotta get the word out.
Then why isn’t his collective the choice by UK/Stoops?

Reactions: JHB4UK
Since you understand it, tell us how UK doesn’t support NIL or didn’t support NIL at the time.

Then why isn’t his collective the choice by UK/Stoops?
What the hell does him knowing more have to with him being the collective of choice? Y’all are always deflecting.

Can you explain how UK didn’t support NIL at the time as you claim? Can you explain how everyone can figure out NIL without team logos except for you?

There are lots of folks who know more about the NIL process. I have just relayed my few experiences(good/bad) with NIL. No more or less. We are getting there as a group. It’s going to take lots of folks to compete with the likes of UT/UGA/Bama/LSU.

What the hell does him knowing more have to with him being the collective of choice? Y’all are always deflecting.

Can you explain how UK didn’t support NIL at the time as you claim? Can you explain how everyone can figure out NIL without team logos except for you?
Again. UK, the AD, didn’t help organize anything RE: Uk NIL way late into the process. Everyone had a jump on us. The coaching staff knew it. Anyone who wanted to give ended up frustrated and gave up on an early donation.

There are lots of folks who know more about the NIL process. I have just relayed my few experiences(good/bad) with NIL. No more or less. We are getting there as a group. It’s going to take lots of folks to compete with the likes of UT/UGA/Bama/LSU.
And your experience mirrors my experience. Confirmed by coaches at the time who were out recruiting and running into heavy NIL advantages by other programs.

Stop your lying. You’ve been lying for months Mr you can’t give to a collective unless they’ve been approved by UK. Remember that ignorant lie that you made up. As if UK would have any way of knowing what collective you give to or anyway to stop you. Know it all who can’t even make your lies make sense.

I know exactly what you’re saying, your mad because your message board buddy can’t get something for free or set his own price for someone else’s property.

You spew lie after lie then sit on your high horse like you’re some expert. Maybe you should use all your successful businesses to do NIL deals and stop lying and crying. Good luck with the next lie you make up.
You idiot, we've already done this. You can give to a collective til you're in the poor house but UK players can't receive money from a collective until it has been approved by UK.

Stoops has confirmed this, Cal has confirmed this and I believe Barney has confirmed this. So tell the class what it is your little gerbil brain believes again? Go on, repeat it. They're all waiting to laugh AT you.

Reactions: JHB4UK and catben
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT