ADVERTISEMENT

KSR today…..

For me: Stoops/Marrow signing four year average classes ranked between 25th-30th is good for seven to nine win seasons 55-67% of the time. The formula of:

-sign KY four stars
-sign OH and MI four stars without blue blood priority offers
-sign good three stars in southern states that would play sooner at UK than Ole Miss, Auburn, etc.

…is tried and true tested at this point if you are fine with mostly 7-5/8-4 level seasons.

What threw it all out of whack is portal and NIL. In 2021, UK used the portal quicker than others and got 10 wins. May not be the quick-mover advantage any more for portal as more schools do it.

NIL is how you get good transfers but also how keep best players (Vandy could not keep Ray Davis). UK will fall behind unless donors with deep pockets care more. Crowd-sourcing from most supporters is a drop in the bucket. Say, $500/year from a Corbin mechanical engineer is still 1/60th the NIL pay for a SEC rotational player at a Top 25 program I’d reckon. Need the wealthy with too much money to step up.

That’s been the number 1 reason stoops turned the program around. But southern athletes are still better. Stoops takes the kids that don’t go to Ohio st, Michigan or Penn state. After that the pickings are slim but manageable
True but we're still getting enough talent, just not developing them and we're losing out on game day from the sidelines. Our coaches have to be better in game planning and in game coaching period. If they themselves can improve to where they make a 3 or 4 point difference themselves we get two more wins a year and nobody is talking about all this.

Huh 13 out of 14? Magilla Gorilla told us NIL was top 5 in the country at UK.
More lies from this clown. When y’all lied and said UK doesn’t support NIL and JMI was hurting NIL I said UK did support NIL and JMI had no bearing NIL. Keeping lying tho. i’ve never said UK was top 5 in NIL, you don’t even give to NIL. You’re a loser who just cries about it.

More lies from this clown. When y’all lied and said UK doesn’t support NIL and JMI was hurting NIL I said UK did support NIL and JMI had no bearing NIL. Keeping lying tho. i’ve never said UK was top 5 in NIL, you don’t even give to NIL. You’re a loser who just cries about it.
Welcome back JimmyBlue1972

• Haha
Reactions: entropy13
Welcome back JimmyBlue1972
What an unhinged weirdo this lowlife is. I thought I was a JMI employee, the husband of a JMI employee, worked for Mitch Barnhart, Marc Maggard, Lead Belly, JLoad, and TI Beisner wife? Still can’t make up your mind, you just tell dumb lies and accuse people of being someone else. Well I know who you are, a pathetic liar.

What an unhinged weirdo this lowlife is. I thought I was a JMI employee, the husband of a JMI employee, worked for Mitch Barnhart, Marc Maggard, Lead Belly, JLoad, and TI Beisner wife? Still can’t make up your mind, you just tell dumb lies and accuse people of being someone else. Well I know who you are, a pathetic liar.
Ok

True but we're still getting enough talent, just not developing them and we're losing out on game day from the sidelines. Our coaches have to be better in game planning and in game coaching period. If they themselves can improve to where they make a 3 or 4 point difference themselves we get two more wins a year and nobody is talking about all this.
I agree

They spent a good amount of time addressing football and the state of the program as well as the future of the coaching staff. I think it really kicked up during the last 15 minutes or so of hour one and about 15 minutes into hour 2. But they spent time on and off talking about football the whole show.

The most discussed point on the board is stoops, his staff and their potential firing/changes. Most every day is an argument about whether or not a change is warranted or even possible. In addition, there have been lots of discussion about stoops relationship with donors and also the Kentucky standing with NIL and our recruiting base. So if you want to hear a serious take from the media then give it a listen. If you don’t want to listen, here are the cliff notes

-Any talk of stoops being fired is stupid, unrealistic, and unproductive

-Kentucky’s biggest donor is super close with stoops. He would not pay a dime toward any buyout

-Kentucky cannot do what TAM did and they listed the reasons why.

-Kentucky is 13 out of 14 in NIL in the SEC

- Expect staff changes but all coordinators are safe

- Coach at Kentucky is one of the toughest jobs in America

- The state of Kentucky has no recruiting base and cited comparisons with neighboring states.

-Coen wants to focus on tempo in the offseason

I’m gonna get hammered for bringing up KSR and I don’t care and kiss my ass. It’s the biggest sports radio show in the state and one of the biggest in the country. My favorite team is UK and that’s all they talk about. So sometimes I listen, we all do. This show in particular should be required listening for a lot of folks on here since it covers every daily topic on this board.
I wish I could but living in southern ohio all I hear about is is Osboo suckeyes I listen every day since I can’t work anymore

WTH....now if you don't donate to NIL you're a meth junkie. I love college football. But I will never donate to NIL I have a family and no desire to take away from them to pay some spoiled entitled brat to play football for my favorite team. Not everyone on here is a Dr or lawyer and have disposable income. I went to college and have job as a developer in IT. So don't say I didn't try to better my financial status with hard work and education. I work hard to provide for my family not pay someone to play a game.
Same way I feel brother. Being a fan is not worth paying players to me. I would rather just fish and play more cornhole. Most of the mess we are in is Texas oil men tried to buy a championship at A&M. Now we are all stuck with this bullshit we got. I had no issues with college athletes being able to get some cash from endorsements or Jerseys sales with their name on it. Asking Fans to PAY THEM TO PLAY puts me out.

Last edited:
Reactions: law1127 and gojvc
Stoops has a donor dumping MILLIONS into NIL. He has been given much more than any coach in UK football history. It’s not even close.
correct but you’re forgetting that’s the case everywhere. It means nothing if other schools have their own donors giving more than ever. You got to think in relative terms.

Say your collectible and trading card business does $3 million revenue. That seems pretty good! But what if 12 of the 14 nearest collectible and trading card businesses nearest you all do far more like $12-20 million revenue. And with those higher revenue streams they get to invest back into rarer collectibles which helps their business. At that point $3 million revenue in relative terms is less impressive. You are playing catch up.

It’s a different era now.

Last edited:
Ksr says that Kentucky has no recruiting base compared to "neighboring states"? Not even West Virginia and Indiana? They produce Jack for football recruiting. Missouri is actually only marginally ahead of Kentucky. Same with Illinois. The only states that border Kentucky with clear cut better recruiting prospects are Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia and we don'thave to uually compete against Virginia teams or P5 Ohio teams anyway. Not interested in excuses, especially that one. Especially when Kentucky has a better chance to get non-OSU bound Ohio talent than most other SEC teams. Especially when the UK recruiting rankings over the last five years CONSIDERABLY outmatched our performance in 2022 and 2023. Recruiting around 25th or 30th most years, performance about 50th, even with a net advantage through the portal on top of it.
Ksr says that Kentucky has no recruiting base compared to "neighboring states"? Not even West Virginia and Indiana? They produce Jack for football recruiting. Missouri is actually only marginally ahead of Kentucky. Same with Illinois. The only states that border Kentucky with clear cut better recruiting prospects are Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia and we don'thave to uually compete against Virginia teams or P5 Ohio teams anyway. Not interested in excuses, especially that one. Especially when Kentucky has a better chance to get non-OSU bound Ohio talent than most other SEC teams. Especially when the UK recruiting rankings over the last five years CONSIDERABLY outmatched our performance in 2022 and 2023. Recruiting around 25th or 30th most years, performance about 50th, even with a net advantage through the portal on top of it.

The thing about recruiting 25-30 but playing 50ish is misleading. Your schedule will include 8-9 teams that recruited top 25. Of course that makes your record look worse you are playing better teams. The other conferences normally only have 3-5 teams recruiting top 25, SEC will have a miminum of 10, and will likely climb to 12-13 with the new additions.

I love Kentucky football man. I love it more than I love basketball. I love the sport of football better. Being a fan here requires a high level of humility and perspective. Sometimes it feels like we want to be pro surfers or pro snowboarders…..but we live in Kentucky. It’s weird and it kinda sucks. But I don’t think we will ever get to the mountain top.

A few years back miss st was number 1 in the country and ole miss was number 2. Imagine that. Both had magical seasons and both of those coaches were fired many years ago. Neither school made it back to that spot. I’ve said it before. There is no magic pill. It’s an arms race. You have to have the facilities, the recruiting, the talent base, the tradition, the fan support, etc. if you don’t have these things in place then the coach hardly matters and if you do strike it hot with the right coach then you have to make sure nobody poaches him.

Not excusing stoops for these past couple years. He simply has to do better

The thing about recruiting 25-30 but playing 50ish is misleading. Your schedule will include 8-9 teams that recruited top 25. Of course that makes your record look worse you are playing better teams. The other conferences normally only have 3-5 teams recruiting top 25, SEC will have a miminum of 10, and will likely climb to 12-13 with the new additions.
Our typical schedule most certainly does NOT have "8 to 9" opposing teams in the top 25 recruiting classes. That's complete bullshit.
Are our 3 midmajor opponents with top 25 classes?
Is Vanderbilt? No.
Is Louisville? No.
What about Mississippi St. and South Carolina? Maybe, maybe not, depending on the year.
Is Missouri? Not all that often.
So, name your 8 to 9 opponents, please. Start with Georgia, I'll grant you that one. Name the rest.

Last edited:
Grumpy did make a good condescending point, though, of course we can't compete with Georgia, but we shouldn't expect to succeed anyway, playing 8 to 9 top power programs on our schedule, like Ball St. and EKU and Akron and Vanderbilt and Missouri and Mississippi St and Louisville and South Carolina and crap Florida and Tennessee teams.

With allies like Grumpy, who needs enemies?

Our typical schedule most certainly does NOT have "8 to 9" opposing teams in the top 25 recruiting classes. That's complete bullshit.
Are our 3 midmajor opponents with top 25 classes?
Is Vanderbilt? No.
Is Louisville? No.
What about Mississippi St. and South Carolina? Maybe, maybe not, depending on the year.
Is Missouri? Not all that often.
So, name your 8 to 9 opponents, please. Start with Georgia, I'll grant you that one. Name the rest.
This year we are like 25 in recruiting. That puts us at 12 in the sec in recruiting. Look it up not hard to do. When Joker was here we were low in recruiting at like number 80. We have came up a lot in recruiting.

This year we are like 25 in recruiting. That puts us at 12 in the sec in recruiting. Look it up not hard to do. When Joker was here we were low in recruiting at like number 80. We have came up a lot in recruiting.
No shit, that wasn't the point. I wasn't questioning the recruiting- I was questioning why we suck, despite good recruiting.
Dude said we're 8th or 9th in recruiting against the opponents and that's total crap. Again, against OUR OPPONENTS, we are above 3 always and Vanderbilt, usually above Louisville, usually above Missouri, usually very close to South Carolina and Mississippi St. Now we're usually in the top 25 recruiting ourselves, credit to the staff for that and for being than better Jokers terrible rankings.

My philosophy is, that our top 25 recruiting should equal a top 25 ranking, and Grumpy insists that it should not, because our opponents are above us in recruiting 8 or 9 times, and, I'm sorry, but that's bullshit. The only regular opponent that we have what consistently dominated us in the recruiting is Georgia.

No shit, that wasn't the point. I wasn't questioning the recruiting- I was questioning why we suck, despite good recruiting.
Dude said we're 8th or 9th in recruiting against the opponents and that's total crap. Again, against OUR OPPONENTS, we are above 3 always and Vanderbilt, usually above Louisville, usually above Missouri, usually very close to South Carolina and Mississippi St. Now we're usually in the top 25 recruiting ourselves, credit to the staff for that and for being than better Jokers terrible rankings.

My philosophy is, that our top 25 recruiting should equal a top 25 ranking, and Grumpy insists that it should not, because our opponents are above us in recruiting 8 or 9 times, and, I'm sorry, but that's bullshit. The only regular opponent that we have what consistently dominated us in the recruiting is Georgia.
You are just wrong we are almost below almost every SEC team in recruiting. Go look at any recruiting sites see where we are rated. I want us to win bad but in recruiting ranking we don’t finish ahead of many teams in the sec. UL is a bad team to use we have beat them like 5 out of the last 6 games!! This year we are ranked 25 and that is good for 12 in the sec. We would be in top three in Acc and top 5 in big 10 not hard to look this up!!

We've lost to 5 teams this year. 4 of them had a better recruiting class than us last year, and Missouri was only two spots behind us. We actually beat two teams that had better recruiting classes than us, and play another one tomorrow. Your logic only works if every team you play has a lower recruiting class than you.

Reactions: Catluv
correct but you’re forgetting that’s the case everywhere. It means nothing if other schools have their own donors giving more than ever. You got to think in relative terms.

Say your collectible and trading card business does $3 million revenue. That seems pretty good! But what if 12 of the 14 nearest collectible and trading card businesses nearest you all do far more like $12-20 million revenue. And with those higher revenue streams they get to invest back into rarer collectibles which helps their business. At that point $3 million revenue in relative terms is less impressive. You are playing catch up.

It’s a different era now.
The money itself still won’t win you games. The staff has to make good management and personnel decisions with how it’s used just like pro teams have to. And at the end of the day there is this part of the equation called coaching that does still matter some

is there a source comparing NIL resources/spending by school?
There is no way to do that. There is a lot of stuff that floats around about who has big collectives and all of that but there is no all encompassing reporting of it all because it isn’t public info. Just a lot of suppositions

The money itself still won’t win you games. The staff has to make good management and personnel decisions with how it’s used just like pro teams have to. And at the end of the day there is this part of the equation called coaching that does still matter some
Yeah I agree it’s not a panacea.

Reactions: The-Hack
Buddy you said there were zero issues with UK's NIL situation. You are full of it.

Do you own homework.. Maybe that is why you are clueless on the issue.
Clueless as to something thats made up. LOL at this goofy clown telling people to research a fake stat. Too stupid to think for himself so he lazy adopts propaganda and accepts it as fact.

None of you can answer that simple question because it’s complete BS, you have to deflect like this goof and say look it up for yourself. What a joke you are.

You're disproving your own point you're trying to make with your examples.
So Kentucky's recruiting class rankings are typically above or close to the following teams on our schedule....

Louisville---UK has a 5 game win streak
Miss State---5 and 5 last 10 matchups
South Carolina ---Ky has won 7 of last 10.
Missouri---UK has won 7 of last 10
Vanderbilt---UK has won 8 of last 10
Florida---UK has a 3 game win streak
Tenn---UK has lost 8 of last 10
Ga--- No comment
Bama---No comment

We are typically beating the teams we should beat.... splitting games with programs in a similar recruiting sphere....and losing regularly to teams that are way above us in recruiting.
A top 25 recruiting class in the SEC gets you into the MCB.
There definitely are 8 or 9 teams that UK plays yearly that are at best a 50/50 shot at winning based on recruiting rankings and home field advantages.
Grumpy is correct.

Would anyone support a move to the ACC?
We would compete for titles in every sport and have a great chance at the requested 9 & 10 win football seasons.
Also have a shot at the extended playoff field in some seasons.
You will not be able to recruit anywhere as good as we do now.

Reactions: Girthang
Clueless as to something thats made up. LOL at this goofy clown telling people to research a fake stat. Too stupid to think for himself so he lazy adopts propaganda and accepts it as fact.

None of you can answer that simple question because it’s complete BS, you have to deflect like this goof and say look it up for yourself. What a joke you are.
you can ask stoops.. he seems to think it's lacking...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT