ADVERTISEMENT

From Pilgrim on KSR board

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
Team source says Coach Cal will be retained as head coach with other staff changes coming in both assistants and support staff. Accountability measures in place regarding day-to-day operations, NIL, program expenses, etc. Player meetings regarding stay/go decisions currently scheduled for tomorrow.

Also this posted by Trilly in his discord (say what you want but this guy has sources also)

Mitch and Calipari started meeting around 5pm. Ended on a good note. Will be staff and program changes. Better scheduling and management. Attending compliance meetings (Yes that was a real one)… Revamping of NIL. More transparency in program…Not 100% agreement on all issues.. Some are just personal beefs…. Have a list of next steps…..Expect news conference later this week with Mitch and Calipari.. expected to show a united front. And reveal their plan.

Team source says Coach Cal will be retained as head coach with other staff changes coming in both assistants and support staff. Accountability measures in place regarding day-to-day operations, NIL, program expenses, etc. Player meetings regarding stay/go decisions currently scheduled for tomorrow.
Well S**T!

Last edited:
Also this posted by Trilly in his discord (say what you want but this guy has sources also)

Mitch and Calipari started meeting around 5pm. Ended on a good note. Will be staff and program changes. Better scheduling and management. Attending compliance meetings (Yes that was a real one)… Revamping of NIL. More transparency in program…Not 100% agreement on all issues.. Some are just personal beefs…. Have a list of next steps…..Expect news conference later this week with Mitch and Calipari.. expected to show a united front. And reveal their plan.
That's real info the rest are guessing

Of course Barnfart didn't have the balls to fire Cal. A&M football fans can prevent Stoops from being hired, but Kentucky fans have been pissed for years, and the same asshat keeps walking through the door.

Expect absolutely nothing to change next year, even the things Barnfart said would.
A&M fans didn’t do anything, A&M boosters did. That same desire was not there amongst UK boosters

Are the 5 players John Wall, Devin Booker, Julius Randle, Karl Anthony Towns, and Anthony Davis? If not, it won't be enough. Even if that was the team I'm not confident Calipari would figure out how to play them. Would probably bench half of them for Wheeler because he made promises.

When bad leadership meets up with bad leadership, this is what it looks like.

Mitch still won't have the nuts to fire Calipari next year when he sucks. Watch and see, another 10 losses, another early exit, and more no action from, MB.
Yep. A round of 32 or S16 exit keeps Cal again. That isn’t anywhere close to meeting the standard but it will be enough. Cal gave him the loaded gun this year where nobody in the National media would have questioned it. They were even saying “Kentucky isn’t a serious program if they don’t…”. Next year will be a different story if it’s 9 losses and a S16. The narrative will be firing a HOFer if it Happens.

Yep. A round of 32 or S16 exit keeps Cal again. That isn’t anywhere close to meeting the standard but it will be enough. Cal gave him the loaded gun this year where nobody in the National media would have questioned it. They were even saying “Kentucky isn’t a serious program if they don’t…”. Next year will be a different story if it’s 9 losses and a S16. The narrative will be firing a HOFer if it Happens.
We will be Indiana basketball soon. There was a post on volnation, where they were saying UNC, UCLA, and Kansas were better programs than us, all time and currently.

I’m reallllly hoping that there is a silent part to this decision where Cal said he only intended to coach 2-3 more years and not until 2030. And that there is a handshake agreement of if this happens again next year and we don’t get out of the first weekend then you retire on your own accord and say your heart isn’t in it anymore and it’s time to focus on family and relationships and leave cordially.

Thats the only way I can agree w the decision

We will be Indiana basketball soon. There was a post on volnation, where they were saying UNC, UCLA, and Kansas were better programs than us, all time and currently.
Vol nation is bias but they are def knocking on the door thanks to Cal.

Kansas will get us in all time wins after losing the best half of their conference to the SEC w conference realignment….its a glorified G5 league next year.

UNC passed us in all time S16s and tournament wins under Cal’s watch…and they have more F4s. God forbid they get a title this season

I'm sorry to the older generation... another year wasted under Coach Cal.

Hope we all get to see better days soon.
Thank you. That is nice of you to say. I am 70 and have followed them since I was 6. Never thought I would say I am done, but I am. Screw you Mitch and Cal. The old insanity deal where u keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results. I just can’t believe this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT