ADVERTISEMENT

From Pilgrim on KSR board

I’m for real done, I was so disconnected this season because of Cal and next season will be even worse. I wish fans would make a statement and not show up for games or BBM. But they won’t because 85% of the fans that fill the arena are 75+ and disconnected from what is happening in this program

Sounds like firing Cal wasn’t even on the table. I’m convinced CCC could lose every game and Mitch wouldn’t fire him at this point….
He has lost nearly EVERY GAME of importance for the last 4 seasons!!! Throw in the fact that he has lost to LOW Mid-Major teams not only in the NCAA Tournament but also at HOME, and you have Mitch STILL saying "I'm going to give him ONE MORE chance"!!

At this point he's like the bad parent that threatens to punish their disobedient child, but NEVER does and the kid KNOWS it!! "I'm going to get you if you don't act better"!!!!!

RIDICULOUS!!

Last edited:
TO MITCH
tenor.gif

If this is true, I will emediatly cancell my monthly donations to UK athletics. While I am just a very small contributor, I will not participate in this clown show know as CCC. I will continue to give to NIL, since I can direct that to the football program.

I’ve said it several times over several years. My biggest fear is that MB would be the AD when it comes time to hire Cal’s replacement. It seems MB is afraid of that responsibility also. That’s the only reason I think he retained Cal, it made it easier for him.
I would’ve been happy with the Lyon County Highschool coach. I just want the inept clown that we currently have gone. In my opinion for a program like KY, there’s no difference in missing the tournament and losing in the opening round. And that’s where we’re at and have been for years.

Team source says Coach Cal will be retained as head coach with other staff changes coming in both assistants and support staff. Accountability measures in place regarding day-to-day operations, NIL, program expenses, etc. Player meetings regarding stay/go decisions currently scheduled for tomorrow.
The bar is so high for Cal next year, and that'd be a championship in the SEC and NCAA, that he'll be under so much pressure to deliver he will fail.

I've seen this at work where a mgr is given a chance to improve. Short of perfection the mgr has no way to succeed. It's not fair to anyone.

He's in a no win situation.

All bullshit to calm the fanbase. Watch, a few months down the line, none of this gets implemented.
The only thing that actually matters is that Cal is a shitty coach. He is not going to change his promises to recruits, his lousy sub patterns and his non coaching of offense and zone defense. None of us care about daily meetings, and the other crap that was described. Cal needs to go. Period. Shit I am completely done. Screw em.,

The bar is so high for Cal next year, and that'd be a championship in the SEC and NCAA, that he'll be under so much pressure to deliver he will fail.

I've seen this at work where a mgr is given a chance to improve. Short of perfection the mgr has no way to succeed. It's not fair to anyone.

yea, coaches don't normally do well with a "performance improvement plan" especially given by an idiot mouth breathing AD

Team source says Coach Cal will be retained as head coach with other staff changes coming in both assistants and support staff. Accountability measures in place regarding day-to-day operations, NIL, program expenses, etc. Player meetings regarding stay/go decisions currently scheduled for tomorrow.
“Accountability” measures. What a joke. I hope Mitch takes accountability to ask Jay Wright to come in a teach him how to run a practice.

Last edited:
So they are blaming it all on the staff and Calipari is taking none of the blame. Sounds like the people we have in the White House right now blaming everyone else.

I’m reallllly hoping that there is a silent part to this decision where Cal said he only intended to coach 2-3 more years and not until 2030. And that there is a handshake agreement of if this happens again next year and we don’t get out of the first weekend then you retire on your own accord and say your heart isn’t in it anymore and it’s time to focus on family and relationships and leave cordially.

Thats the only way I can agree w the decision
You think that shady fat posers handshake means something? Seriously?

Give the players a total of 7 days to find out if they're staying or going. At this point, they know their stock anyway. Stop letting them hold the program hostage, while other transfers go elsewhere, only to bounce anyway.
Yeah I’m sure that’s one of the changes lol. See you guys in late May waiting on 3 decisions while our top Portal targets go elsewhere.

Reactions: ukfan041

i say he’s in a win-win situation with no one holding him accountable. he’s laughing at bbn

Thank you. That is nice of you to say. I am 70 and have followed them since I was 6. Never thought I would say I am done, but I am. Screw you Mitch and Cal. The old insanity deal where u keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results. I just can’t believe this.
You've got me by 9 years...I'm 61, and I too began watching the Cats at around age 6 or 7. I've held fast through all the tough times that have occured in my lifetime, ie: the probation/Sutton debacle, the last few years of Tubby, and now this. However, this time our very own AD is the one pulling the trigger on THIS B.S.

I've enjoyed immensly the incredible, glorious moments that UK basketball has given me. I honestly feel like it's akin to watching a dear friend die a slow, agonizing death, and it hurts, we're all hurting, and next year looks even worse barring a miracle run, IMO.

I was really hoping to see at least one more title before I pass on........, but at least I was around to see '78, '96, 98, and 2012. I LOVE my Wildcats, but I truly hate our current coach and AD for allowing the program to fall so far.

I'm done. We have 5* players and a 1" coach. It will not get better. This 75 year old is moving on. I may stop by to say hello occasionally. Be well!

We will be Indiana basketball soon. There was a post on volnation, where they were saying UNC, UCLA, and Kansas were better programs than us, all time and currently.

Bullsh*t. Not gonna listen to that and who gives a flying f**k what volnation says?

In what world are any of those programs better than UK. UNC is the only one with an argument....period

We have been through sh*t as a program worse than this and we will be back. This program survived a near death penalty.

I can't believe you truly think this Richie. We are not going to be Indiana unless BBN makes it a self fulfilling prophecy.

Also this posted by Trilly in his discord (say what you want but this guy has sources also)

Mitch and Calipari started meeting around 5pm. Ended on a good note. Will be staff and program changes. Better scheduling and management. Attending compliance meetings (Yes that was a real one)… Revamping of NIL. More transparency in program…Not 100% agreement on all issues.. Some are just personal beefs…. Have a list of next steps…..Expect news conference later this week with Mitch and Calipari.. expected to show a united front. And reveal their plan.
Awesome. So nothing that matters changes.

I’ve said it several times over several years. My biggest fear is that MB would be the AD when it comes time to hire Cal’s replacement. It seems MB is afraid of that responsibility also. That’s the only reason I think he retained Cal, it made it easier for him.
I would’ve been happy with the Lyon County Highschool coach. I just want the inept clown that we currently have gone. In my opinion for a program like KY, there’s no difference in missing the tournament and losing in the opening round. And that’s where we’re at and have been for years.
If Scott Drew would have given him a definite “yes” , Mitch would have made the move ,imo. Mitch had no appetite for an extended coaches search at this time. He had 1 guy on his list and no backup plan. Mitch got caught with his pants down just like when Billy Donavon said no and he panicked and hired BCG without fully vetting his personal issues. Thankfully he didnt do that again.

Mitch should be sent packing with him. What a shame what this program has been reduced to because of these tools.

Reactions: cathead64
Bullsh*t. Not gonna listen to that and who gives a flying f**k what volnation says?

In what world are any of those programs better than UK. UNC is the only one with an argument....period

We have been through sh*t as a program worse than this and we will be back. This program survived a near death penalty.

I can't believe you truly think this Richie. We are not going to be Indiana unless BBN makes it a self fulfilling prophecy.
Half the fanbase is saying we can’t replace Cal. We will become Louisville etc.

Mitch still won't have the nuts to fire Calipari next year when he sucks. Watch and see, another 10 losses, another early exit, and more no action from, MB.
We will lose more than 10 next year. I’m guessing we will be a bubble team at best unless we return a good part of our corp this year. Losing reeves and Dilly for certain though and neither of them are replaceable.

We will lose more than 10 next year. I’m guessing we will be a bubble team at best unless we return a good part of our corp this year. Losing reeves and Dilly for certain though and neither of them are replaceable.
Next year feels eerily like 9-16.

Reactions: cathead64
"Better scheduling.". What the hell does that mean? Stop playing mid majors that can beat you and only play teams outside the top 300 or play better teams for the home crowd while piling up more losses? I don't see any improvement there. Besides, most schedules are pretty much filled up years in advance and you might only see a couple of changes. So are we going to waste money buying out teams instead of buying out the coach?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT