ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray visiting UK

today IS Thursday, huh?... Haha that's awesome. Felt like Wednesday all this morning. Thanks for the little gift. Today just got better.

Wouldn't that mean he decided to stay after his official for an unofficial as well? It was reported at 8:54 PM on Monday night that he was in Lexington on a visit.
I'm more curious to find out if he got in Lexington on Sunday night, stayed out all day on campus and in the facilities throughout Monday evening, and told the reporters when he got back to his hotel later that night that he was visiting UK.
Based on how quiet his recruitment has been, that seems like a possibility.

For those wondering, game of thrones is one of my favorite show ever! I highly recommend it.

Jamal Murray is a patch not a fix for the 3. He is 6'5" barefooted I look forward to a 3 guard front court and some full court D.

Justise Winslow is 6'4.5 barefooted, and played the 4 at the latter stages of the season.
3 guard lineups are typical at the collegiate level. He has the size, athleticism, and scoring ability to excel at that position.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Justise Winslow is 6'4.5 barefooted, and played the 4 at the latter stages of the season.
3 guard lineups are typical at the collegiate level. He has the size, athleticism, and scoring ability to excel at that position.

Preach it Rhavicc, preach it....

Well I am not the sharpest tool in the shed,
Probable UK basketball roster for 2015-16
Player Class Pos Ht 2014-15 stats/Other notes
Alex Poythress Senior F 6-8 5.5 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 20.3 mpg (8 games)
E.J. Floreal Junior G 6-4 0.1 ppg, 0.1 rpg, 1.5 mpg
Dominique Hawkins Junior G 6-0 1.3 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 7.1 mpg
Marcus Lee Junior F 6-9 2.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 10.9 mpg
Derek Willis Junior F 6-9 1.3 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 3.9 mpg
Tyler Ulis Sophomore G 5-9 5.6 ppg, 3.6 apg, 23.8 mpg
Isaiah Briscoe Freshman G 6-3 No. 1 ranked point guard in 2015 class
Skal Labissiere Freshman F 7-0 Top 5 overall recruit in 2015 class
Charles Matthews Freshman G 6-5 Top 50 recruit in 2015 class

but there are 4 players over 6'8" i don't see any other way right now.

Well I am not the sharpest tool in the shed,
Probable UK basketball roster for 2015-16
Player Class Pos Ht 2014-15 stats/Other notes
Alex Poythress Senior F 6-8 5.5 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 20.3 mpg (8 games)
E.J. Floreal Junior G 6-4 0.1 ppg, 0.1 rpg, 1.5 mpg
Dominique Hawkins Junior G 6-0 1.3 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 7.1 mpg
Marcus Lee Junior F 6-9 2.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 10.9 mpg
Derek Willis Junior F 6-9 1.3 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 3.9 mpg
Tyler Ulis Sophomore G 5-9 5.6 ppg, 3.6 apg, 23.8 mpg
Isaiah Briscoe Freshman G 6-3 No. 1 ranked point guard in 2015 class
Skal Labissiere Freshman F 7-0 Top 5 overall recruit in 2015 class
Charles Matthews Freshman G 6-5 Top 50 recruit in 2015 class

but there are 4 players over 6'8" i don't see any other way right now.
frontcourt= bigs, backcourt=guards

hopefully we had several former players come by and play some ball like Davis, Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins etc etc. I'd be sticking around as well if I could play with those guys.
Most all of your visits you go on to these schools they would like to watch you play against their top guys and see just how good you are. If he is still their I think both parties are really interested in each other.

So what I am getting from this is the 4 bigs are going to play all season with no foul trouble and Willis is going to become a gym rat and shock us all in the fall. Maybe I am just the new guy and may not see things the way that you but the way I see it is 3 guards 2 bigs starting. But Jesus once said: If the blind lead the blind.then "ye" both fall in the ditch!

Last edited:
So what I am getting from this is the 4 bigs are going to play all season with no foul trouble and Willis is going to become a gym rat and shock us all in the fall. Maybe I am just the new guy and may not see things the way that you but the way I see it is 3 guards 2 bigs starting. But Jesus once said: If the blind lead the blind.then yee both fall in the ditch!

"ye"

So what I am getting from this is the 4 bigs are going to play all season with no foul trouble and Willis is going to become a gym rat and shock us all in the fall. Maybe I am just the new guy and may not see things the way that you but the way I see it is 3 guards 2 bigs starting. But Jesus once said: If the blind lead the blind.then yee both fall in the ditch!
We made the final four in 2011 with Josh Harrelson and Terrence Jones (with Eloy Vargas providing spot minutes).

We won the National Title in 2012 with Anthony Davis and Jones (with Vargas providing spot minutes).

The 4 post players we currently have Skal, Lee, Poythress and Willis are substantially better than 2011, although not quite as good as 2012. We don't need 7 NBA caliber post players like we had this past season. We don't even need to worry about foul trouble. We will handle that when it comes up. We may even lose a regular season game because of foul trouble (OH NOZ!), it happens. While bringing in a player like Swanigan would be nice, it actually makes the rotations and divvying up minutes more difficult.

Reactions: Brando Mac
So what I am getting from this is the 4 bigs are going to play all season with no foul trouble and Willis is going to become a gym rat and shock us all in the fall. Maybe I am just the new guy and may not see things the way that you but the way I see it is 3 guards 2 bigs starting. But Jesus once said: If the blind lead the blind.then "ye" both fall in the ditch!

What you are stating is pretty much captain obvious that is why Cal was going after more bigs but we DID NOT land any of them.
Murray when he steps foot on the court will more than likely be our best guard. Why would you not want that?

Also having 3 guards is the norm, just because we were the biggest team in the country for the last several years doesn't mean we have to do that every year. Duke didn't have a big team and they seemed to do all right. A lot of teams play 1 big and 4 guards, its not unusual at all and pretty normal. Its just abnormal to have a 6'10" guy playing the 3.

We made the final four in 2011 with Josh Harrelson and Terrence Jones (with Eloy Vargas providing spot minutes).

We won the National Title in 2012 with Anthony Davis and Jones (with Vargas providing spot minutes).

The 4 post players we currently have Skal, Lee, Poythress and Willis are substantially better than 2011, although not quite as good as 2012. We don't need 7 NBA caliber post players like we had this past season. We don't even need to worry about foul trouble. We will handle that when it comes up. We may even lose a regular season game because of foul trouble (OH NOZ!), it happens. While bringing in a player like Swanigan would be nice, it actually makes the rotations and divvying up minutes more difficult.

I agree in full . a sf would have been nice but it is not in the dice this year.

Yeah, but you said 3 guards in the FRONTCOURT, everyone was just giving you all little shit for not knowing the difference and apparently you didnt catch on.

We will match up better with a lot of teams we play with three guards. Having more quickness to get the ball off misses is something I am looking forward to. Also, better quickness at all five positions defending the drive should be much better.

No, but these guys are.

the-outsiders-the-outsiders-33203850-400-263.jpg

Cool
Maybe you are one of them.

I would guess the tall one on the right.

Cats are not a bad team even without Jamal Murray, Better with him. The last month waiting for the recruits to come and commit then find out they went else where has been a bummer for me. I got to used to things going the cats way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT