ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray visiting UK

Anyone see "Around the Horn' last night? There was a discussion about Cal coveting the Pelicans job
and Woody Paige mentioned that UK had the #1 recruiting class coming in. When Tony Reali corrected him
by stating that UK was actually #2 to Duke, Woody said, "there's a Canadian that will put UK back at #1..."

I doubt Woody Paige knows more about UK's recruiting than we do. Could he have been talking about Murray? Sure. Could have been talking about Mulder too.

Wow, Matt Jones on KSR just said that he was told Murray IS STILL at UK as of this morning.

That HAS to be good news.

Wow, Matt Jones on KSR just said that he was told Murray IS STILL at UK as of this morning.

That HAS to be good news.

If you can't sell him on UK basketball after 3-4 days on campus, I'm not sure what more could have been done. He's getting the FULL treatment.

*fingers crossed*

Aren't official visits for 48 hrs only? If so, he must have started on Tuesday morning.

Yes, that is true. The time starts when the recruit arrives on campus for the start of the actual visit. So the "actual" visit probably started Tuesday morning and lasted until today. However, like any prospective student, he can stay on campus and do tours, talk to academic advisors, etc... for as long as he wants. Just can't have official discussions with basketball staff after the 48 hours.

yea, it's very possible he got to Lexington late Monday night, stayed at the hotel, and "started" his visit fresh and early Tuesday morning.

Regardless, he's gotta be leaving this morning. No way it goes into this evening.

Maybe it does. Maybe he's checking out classes. Perhaps he's meeting the team. If he's going to spend a year in Lexington, it's not unheard of that he might want to spend some time thoroughly checking things out.

Damn, @kyups01 is coming out with the heat, Jason.
Really though, I've never seen JasonSpear claim he knew anything about a recruit.

Maybe it does. Maybe he's checking out classes. Perhaps he's meeting the team. If he's going to spend a year in Lexington, it's not unheard of that he might want to spend some time thoroughly checking things out.

Maybe he's just going to use up all of his official visits at UK.
247sports says his official visit started on the 18th.

I meant you don't HEAR Twitter, you read it... you waterhead. Just like you don't HEAR a message board.
Maggard Jr...I'm sure everyone knew what i meant without ur little childish nit picking. Move along now...also classic on u starting it then playing the victim role. Please ignore me

Maybe he doesn't plan on leaving. Maybe they are signed and working on his summer school schedule--heck we can dream right?---indy

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

You know it! You love it! Get ready!

N5X.gif

Nope. A commitment just means his word. He's still a recruit. He'd have to sign the LOI to be a member of the "team" and even then I don't think it matters. The 48 hour rule would still likely apply. Good talking point, though. Interesting to think about.

Does there have to be a set time between official visits? You're allowed to have an unofficial visit immediately after an official visit, are you not? Confusing.

Jamal originally came in for an unofficial visit, which was then followed by his official visit that will precede another unofficial visit. Expect Murray to be on campus for the next 2-3 weeks.

that's the thing. I've never heard of anyone taking their 48 hour official and then immediately following it up with an unofficial. I guess it's possible to have the school pay for the travel, food, expenses, lodging, etc for that time period and then stop after the 48 hours where the family is responsible for everything to make it an unofficial if they wish to hang around a little longer. That may be what's going on. I've just never heard of it happening.

Of course, Murray's case is a special one.

If it's anything like that, I will be very disappointed if he doesn't come to UK.

You can't showcase yourself as a school more than that.

If he's decided to extend his stay in Lexington, it seems like a given that he goes to UK.

He can stay in Lexington and on campus for the next two weeks if he wants. The official visit period is 48 hours - that is when they can have interactions with coaches and have everything paid for. If they want to stay to meet with academic people, take more tours, etc.. they can do so. They just have to pay for hotel, food, etc...

There is no limit to how long he can be on campus.

Reactions: Brando Mac
He can stay in Lexington and on campus for the next two weeks if he wants. The official visit period is 48 hours - that is when they can have interactions with coaches and have everything paid for. If they want to stay to meet with academic people, take more tours, etc.. they can do so. They just have to pay for hotel, food, etc...

There is no limit to how long he can be on campus.

Does he have to leave?

Nope. A commitment just means his word. He's still a recruit. He'd have to sign the LOI to be a member of the "team" and even then I don't think it matters. The 48 hour rule would still likely apply. Good talking point, though. Interesting to think about.

Signing period was up yesterday. He can sign scholarship papers and stay as long as he wants.

Somebody really should tell Matt Jones to find out if he's still on campus as of now. The longer Murray is in Lexington, the more confident I will be.

ADVERTISEMENT