ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray visiting UK

I know there's more to it than shooting threes, but if Murray comes to UK for 2015.

Ulis, Mulder, and Murray are all 40% + three point shooting. That was the biggest strength for 2011 team. It'll be interesting to see the spacing with these 3 guys. Poythress will look 10 times better with that insane spacing he'll get. Labissiere would get so much space to work also.

This excludes Briscoe. If Poythress or Labissiere can knock down some midrange...that'll help with Ulis, Briscoe, Murray, Poythress, and Labissiere.

That's actually sickening offense if you ask me... SO MUCH SPACEEEEEEE

Skal, yes. Poythress has no business taking any shots outside the paint. The fewer the better.

Will be glued to Drew Franklin's Tweeter feed. Should have some news between five hundred tweets about Doritos Locos Tacos

I agree...it has to be a huge plus for us at this point. If he doesn't commit I'll be shocked.

You're joking right? Wall/Bledsoe and Knight/Lamb, take your pick. This team wont surpass that, that's not to say we wont have a great back court.
No sh*t. But wall Bledsoe is by far better than any other back court.

That post had nothing to do with this years team. Keep up

It will be the best back court of my 35 years alive that is for sure...

This reminds me of the movie The Last Picture Show which follows a bunch of recently graduated West Texas kids over their first summer as adults. The movie ends with one of them, a former player, watching the first football practice. An old guy laments that the current team doesn't match up to the days of the kid. Who, of course, had just graduated, in the process of being forgotten even as he's standing there.

A couple of years ago, we had a back court of John Wall and Eric Bledsoe.
LAST season we had Tyler Ulis, Devin Booker, and the 2 Harrisons.

Almost appropriate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_An_Athlete_Dying_Young

"Smart lad, to slip betimes away
From fields where glory does not stay
And early though the laurel grows
It withers quicker than the rose."

Will be glued to Drew Franklin's Tweeter feed. Should have some news between five hundred tweets about Doritos Locos Tacos

Well Dortitos Locos Tacos are very good, in all fairness.

I just have a feeling he's gonna drag it out and probably take a couple more visits. As long as he picks UK though, it's all good. If he decides to reclassify, I don't look for him to commit anywhere for at least a couple weeks. You know he'll at least visit Oregon, and then UConn or Cuse. You never know, Duke or some other big time program might get involved late as well. The longer this drags out, the less it favors UK.

You insult me.
Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I make a year? I mean, even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? People would suddenly stop getting the inside scoop on a recruit. It disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not on the outside, gregbookout. I am the insider! A guy opens his door and receives info on a recruit and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!
The point I'm trying to make is......... I know my shit.

Disclaimer: I'm not actually an insider, guys.

It's a shame we as Kentucky fans have to put up with stuff like this.

It's a shame we as Kentucky fans have to put up with stuff like this.

It's a shame that we as Kentucky fans have to put up with your bland, non-existent sense of humor, or knowledge (or lack thereof) of what was referenced before making that comment.
Gold member or not, you're not royalty. It's a message board used for fun. Pull your head out of your ass.

Just wondering, I thought tomorrow was some type of deadline to sign a letter of intent?

Recruits don't have to sign a LOI. In fact, more recruits ought to pass on signing the LOI, and instead simply sign the grant-in-aid form. All a LOI does is bind a player to the school. It gives the school 100% control over the situation.

Skal, yes. Poythress has no business taking any shots outside the paint. The fewer the better.

Disagree.

Poythress needs to be able to knock down the occassional 10-15 ft jumper.

We need to keep the driving lanes open. No one needs to be camping out in the paint.

He doesn't have to make many, just enough to make the other team guard him outside the paint.

I feel like the mods are combining irrelevant threads. Then again, in one of these, the conversation veered off topic to say the least.

I hear a lot about Game of Thrones but have never watched it ... gonna have to watch that.

Guarantee that you will be hooked entirely after 3 episodes. It only took me one, but 3 will definitely do it.

I used to have a (very small) post count maybe before the format changed? Not sure why I would make an account and lie about what I said? That's not a good lie at all. I work in healthcare at UK and saw them on University drive near the library

Thanks for the info. Ignore the morons and their feeble attempts at "humor". :boom:

There's that clown Daniels getting paid to say 50/50

Come on, Really? You want him to lie? Is he supposed to lie and say "yes, he will reclassify with 90% certainty" when that's not what he has been hearing? Would that make you think he is earning his money? Amazing to me how some people just throw out insults over the most ridiculous things. He is reporting what he is hearing and he is obviously hearing it could go either way. So, what's so bad about him reporting what he is hearing? Please explain your comment.

It's a shame that we as Kentucky fans have to put up with your bland, non-existent sense of humor, or knowledge (or lack thereof) of what was referenced before making that comment.
Gold member or not, you're not royalty. It's a message board used for fun. Pull your head out of your ass.

Thanks, Hot Head!

I feel the recent irregular drug usage across Kentucky will probably go down once Murray commits. If he doesn't come to UK, however, I look for the bluegrass state to become Colombia's chief importer within a month.

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
Anyone see "Around the Horn' last night? There was a discussion about Cal coveting the Pelicans job
and Woody Paige mentioned that UK had the #1 recruiting class coming in. When Tony Reali corrected him
by stating that UK was actually #2 to Duke, Woody said, "there's a Canadian that will put UK back at #1..."

ADVERTISEMENT