ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder if Cal will trumpet our success in the draft again.

I didn't want this to get lost in the shuffle. Too good!!

Originally posted by maverick1:

You ever coached at an elite program son? Ever coached in a Final Four? Have you ever put your career in the hands of a bunch of teenagers or asked them to put their careers in yours? Winning it all is hard. Winning it all is damned hard son, it's that simple. Are we clear? ARE WE CLEAR???

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH. Son we play in a system where the best team doesn't always with the title, but who's gonna do a better job? You? One of your little internet buddies? John Calipari has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You whine about a lost title and you curse a Final Four banner. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of apparently not realizing what John Calipari already knows: The lost title this year, while tragic, sometimes happens. and his mis-management of the last five minutes against Wisconsin -- while grotesque and incomprehensible to us all -- sometimes happens.

You don't want the truth cause deep down in places you don't post about on internet boards you WANT John Calipari as our coach, you NEED him as our coach. He uses phrases like "the greatest day in UK's history." He uses these phrases as the backbone of the foundation upon which to build future teams -- YOU USE THEM SO YOU CAN BITCH ABOUT THEM.

John Calipari has neither the time, nor the inclination, to explain himself to a fan who revels and gloats under the blanket of the very success he provides AND THEN QUESTIONS THE MANNER IN WHICH HE PROVIDES IT. He would rather you just said "thank you" and go on your way. Otherwise he suggests you pick up a clipboard and manage your own program, either way, JOHN CALIPARI DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT THE TOUCH YOU THINK YOU ARE INTERESTED IN[/I].

Lol. These clowns saying we only celebrate ncaa titles are so shockingly stupid it truly defies logic. Considering we have only won 8 in our ENTIRE HISTORY, they must think Rupp and Pitino were total failures in their careers. The only posters more moronic than them, are the ones thinking they are owed something.
laugh.r191677.gif

It's part of the recruiting pitch, Cal has to continually feed the monster, and the #1 classes keep showing up in Lexington,there is no turning back, 4 Final Fours in 5 years

Originally posted by BigBluePhantom:
Originally posted by dlh331:

Originally posted by BigBlueFanGA:
What I want is for Cal to build an ongoing foundation instead of having to start over every year. Cal has been to 6 final fours. He has won once. Should I post the stats for the other top coaches? He needs to change his idea of team building. If not, we will continue to have the best group of talent every year, and continue to not win a NC.
Roy Williams had 1 title in his 1st 6 FF4
Rick Pitino had 1 title in his 1st 6 FF4
Tom Izzo has 1 title in his 1st 7 FF4
Coach K had 1 title in his 1st 5 FF4
Denny Crum had 1 title in his 1st 5 FF4
Boeheim has 1 title in 4 FF4

Sometimes it take a few breaks here and there.

Darryl
This makes me feel a lot better. I hadn't realized this before.

Glad you guys love Mavericks post. Talking down to people, son, doesn't really help. Saying Cal blew the game but saying no one could do better, is ridiculous. There is more love on this board for John Calipari than there is for our program. That is disgusting.

What you fail to realize is the fact that Cal, at this moment is "OUR PROGRAM" as much as any past player or coach. He has brought our "program" to the forefront of college basketball. We are the most prominent program in the NCAA at this moment. But instead of embracing it, you want to take a recruiting pitch and turn it into a source of disrespect to the same "program" he has brought back to the pinnacle of college basketball.

Your view of Cal and our "program" is one of confusion as much as it is ridiculous.

In organizational terms, draft success is a lead measure to accomplishing the goal of winning titles for Cal.

draft success > good players are attracted to program > good players make up good teams > good teams win

Winning is the objective.
Winning requires good players
good players want to play in the NBA
By sending players to the NBA, Cal optimizes getting more good players.
There is nothing inconsistent about trumpeting our NBA success and winning.

Duke won.
They will have 3 players drafted in the top 15.
This will help them attract more good players
Are you seeing a pattern here.

Cal is not putting players in the NBA ahead of titles , He is saying that having players go to the NBA (their right and choice) helps optimize Kentucky's chance of winning a title as the rules exist today.

You see how long it took coach K to figure this out after 1st and 2nd round losses. Now Bo Ryan accuses HIM of "rent-a-player".

Glad you guys love Mavericks post. Talking down to people, son, doesn't really help. Saying Cal blew the game but saying no one could do better, is ridiculous. There is more love on this board for John Calipari than there is for our program. That is disgusting.
I've never seen a troll with 3000+ posts. Congrats.

The best kids will keep coming to Kentucky if we continue to put many people in the NBA draft. That is their ultimate goal. As many of us ultimate goal would be to "PLAY FOR KENTUCKY" these kids don't really grow up with that ingrained in them. Their real dream moment is to make the pros.

Originally posted by irishcat1965:

I've never seen a troll with 3000+ posts. Congrats.
Get lost. I'm not a troll. Sorry I don't bow to the demands of the group.

Originally posted by MegaBlue05:
Someone's having a tantrum.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN THE NATIONAL TITLE EVERY YEAR.

The winningest program in history has won the national title:

7 percent of the time

Why is this so hard to comprehend?

Please OP, list a coach who you think could "build a foundation" and simultaneously win the title every year. If you're not willing to offer a solution, you're doing nothing but whining like a damn spoiled child.
Might need to check the math from 1939 to 2015 is just 76 years.

UCLA has won it 14.5% of the time. You are one half right.

And if you mean the Cats then they have won it 10.5% of the time. Just numbers.
This post was edited on 4/9 12:04 AM by gakat3

So seriously man, whats the end game here? I agree, the statement made by Cal was not something a real fan wants to hear. The real fans that defend it don't actually believe it either. You seem to be missing the main point of saying what he said; Cal wasn't speaking to us. He was recruiting. Cal is ALWAYS recruiting. You cannot listen to half of what he says, and most of the time he just repeats himself for a week and then moves on to his next weeks talking points. Cal knows what we want, and he's doing it.

I would say you are making the mistake of listening to and actually taking the recruiting talk to heart.

Gonzo once again being an arrogant butt. Cal doesn't win 1 in 6, he has won 1 so far. He may never win another. With the talent he is able to bring in, I don't find the results acceptable. If you don't like it, tough.

So it would be okay if he brought in less talent? Why is it okay to "only" win one in 6 years as long as you have to scrap around to piece together a team capable of competing over several years or some such nonsense?

I have no idea what your real world context point is, it seems like a lot of dancing around from someone who is always going to have a problem unless there is a championship despite the absolute impossiblness of this standard of a championship as the only passing score.

You want to elect to be a miserable crapper 90% of the time or more? It is on you not some teenagers and not a coach that has his team seriously competing for championships about every season while winning at an absurd clip.

Even Rupp "only" won four in FORTY years that is 4 - 0 and they were placed as to give you plenty of teeth gnashing time with nary a sip of water to sate your thirst and "only" four in the FORTY years since and one of them is Cal's.
You wouldn't have even been able to stomach to wait on Wooden to get his 10 so it sounds like the only coach in history you MIGHT be able to barely stomach is K by number and spread IF you could have tolerated for him to get started and made it through relative down periods, so go cheer for Puke.

Originally posted by SLONER67:

100% disagree!!! When I first heard Calipari make the statement he did about Wall, Cousins, Orton, Bledsoe and others going in the draft after his first season was "one of the greatest accomplishments at Kentucky's program"......at first I was kind of put off, but Calipari has proven himself to be dead on 100% right as it opened the doors for unbelievable recruiting. He has recruited at a level that will probably never be duplicated again by the time he retires. Calipari is the King of Recruiting and his methods are ground breaking!!! The results speak for itself.

He brings in the amount of talent each season that takes most programs (not named Duke) at least 2 or 3 seasons to accumulate. There is no "smoke and mirrors" game going on here. The man is "telling it like it is" which is the perfect way to sift through all the top notch talent and get the best fits for our program and Calipari's style. Before Calipari, it was pretty much all about the program and that is why you saw most of the talent going to Duke, North Carolina and Kansas (especially during the Tubby and Gillespie era). Calipari has finally put our program at the top of the list for most 5 star prospects and it is his vision of putting the "players first" that makes it happen.
See I do not see this as an accomplishment, it is great for recruiting but half these kids who leave to quick end up out of the NBA or just minor players. The Wall, Cousins, Bedsoe were an exceptional group that no one really pegged to be stars except Wall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT