ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder if Cal will trumpet our success in the draft again.

Originally posted by BigBlueFanGA:
Gonzo once again being an arrogant butt. Cal doesn't win 1 in 6, he has won 1 so far. He may never win another. With the talent he is able to bring in, I don't find the results acceptable. If you don't like it, tough.
LOL...twisting his argument into yet another argument that doesn't make sense.

images.jpg

Then you're an idiot who has no grasp of how championships in this sport work. That's all there is to it, and there's no sense in anyone trying to discuss it with you further. Like talking to a brick wall. I hate to make a personal attack, but good grief man.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Gonzo once again being an arrogant butt. Cal doesn't win 1 in 6, he has won 1 so far. He may never win another. With the talent he is able to bring in, I don't find the results acceptable. If you don't like it, tough.
I'm not arrogant, you're just terrible. There's a difference.

And it's actually tough for you if you don't find the results acceptable, because we're on the best six year run in a long time. If you still can't be satisfied, then you'll never be happy. It's also not up to you whether what our coach does is acceptable, because you'd have fired every one we've ever had based on your elementary school notion that the good guys always win at the end. Because you're terrible. See how that works?

Originally posted by GonzoCat90:
I'm not arrogant, you're just terrible. There's a difference.

And it's actually tough for you if you don't find the results acceptable, because we're on the best six year run in a long time. If you still can't be satisfied, then you'll never be happy. It's also not up to you whether what our coach does is acceptable, because you'd have fired every one we've ever had based on your elementary school notion that the good guys always win at the end. Because you're terrible. See how that works?
Wrong again. But I won't bother to reason with you. Like me, you're too smug in your opinion.

Look around you Chump. Lots and lots of threads and posts along the same line as mine. I frankly couldn't possibly care if you agree with me or not.
Wow. This posts represents very well most of the many posts you have made in this thread. It is 180 degrees from the truth and actually contradicts what you are trying sell.

You say look around. Lets do. Lets look at this thread. I see 1 or 2 people agreeing with you and 3 damn pages of people who completely disagree with you.

You keep saying that you don't care that numerous people disagree with you. However, you pounce on every one of them as soon as they refute your statements. You also show your emotion by using words like "chump".

Your entire argument is predicated on the false assumption that Cal's statement about the "greatest day" has been detrimental to our success. Yet the five years directly following that statement have been five of the most successful years in the history of the program.

You asked how many banners we hung by putting all those guys into the NBA. Easy answer. 1 National Championship, 1 Runner-up and 2 Final Fours.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and you are entitled to put it on a message board for all the world to see but know this. When that opinion is far fetched and it is contrary to the facts that everybody else is privy to, you are going to get the pounding you deserve.

Originally posted by BigBluePhantom:
Look around you Chump. Lots and lots of threads and posts along the same line as mine. I frankly couldn't possibly care if you agree with me or not.
Wow. This posts represents very well most of the many posts you have made in this thread. It is 180 degrees from the truth and actually contradicts what you are trying sell.

You say look around. Lets do. Lets look at this thread. I see 1 or 2 people agreeing with you and 3 damn pages of people who completely disagree with you.

You keep saying that you don't care that numerous people disagree with you. However, you pounce on every one of them as soon as they refute your statements. You also show your emotion by using words like "chump".

Your entire argument is predicated on the false assumption that Cal's statement about the "greatest day" has been detrimental to our success. Yet the five years directly following that statement have been five of the most successful years in the history of the program.

You asked how many banners we hung by putting all those guys into the NBA. Easy answer. 1 National Championship, 1 Runner-up and 2 Final Fours.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and you are entitled to put it on a message board for all the world to see but know this. When that opinion is far fetched and it is contrary to the facts that everybody else is privy to, you are going to get the pounding you deserve.
giphy.gif

To be fair, I do have 'chump' in my name.

You two need a room or something? The threads and posts are all over the board. I have a feeling you just don't understand the connections.

You two need a room or something? The threads and posts are all over the board. I have a feeling you just don't understand the connections.
We can just go ahead and lump this in with all of your other profound offerings,
smokin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by BigBluePhantom:
We can just go ahead and lump this in with all of your other profound offerings,
roll.r191677.gif

Fine with me, you two sheep may learn to open your eyes.
So we can watch our lost lamb make more idiotic comments? No thanks. I'd rather keep 'em closed.

I for one hope we go back 1 final 4 every 13 years like the OP wants. I will be a grand Ole time.

Originally posted by JohnBlue_:

50, but that is part of my issue. do you agree with Cals "greatest day" statements on draft day? I bet you don't.

That statement in 2010 lead to landing the talent over the next two years that won the 2012 NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP. Yet here you are complaining about it and saying it doesn't work.
You don't know that. I understand what Cal is trying to do, but he didn't have to say it was the "greatest day in UK history" to get those recruits.

What I want is for Cal to build an ongoing foundation instead of having to start over every year. Cal has been to 6 final fours. He has won once. Should I post the stats for the other top coaches? He needs to change his idea of team building. If not, we will continue to have the best group of talent every year, and continue to not win a NC.

Originally posted by jnewc2:
I'm sorry guys, but I completley agree with OP. I know the excuses are starting to come out fast and heavy that "well most schools would love to have our success going to the NCAA tourney and losing big games" "most schools would love to have all these draft picks even though they don't win championships" etc..but I've got news for some of you..this isn't "most" schools..this is Alabama football..this is the New York Yankees..this is Kentucky basketball. This year's loss in the final 4 was the worst loss in the history of the program and I'll stand behind that fact and nothing you can argue will change that fact in my mind.

50 years from now people will still be talking about how bad this loss was. That might be ok with some of you, but I'm sorry, it's not okay with me..not by a long shot. Sure I know you'll say "well we won 38 games!" Who cares? Yes, that's awesome IF you can finish it all out and win the tourney, and YES if you were at any other school you could boast about having a great REGULAR season and losing in the tourney, but NOT HERE.

I'm sorry, but some of us have forgotten who we are. In this society where excellence, dominance and high expectations are now being forced to take a back seat to those who want everyone to be equal, want everyone to get a trophy and be told they're great, and for fans of great teams to be happy with being "good" but not great, here is the bottom line:

At Kentucky we don't celebrate:

-final four appearances
-38-1 seasons
-players getting drafted to the NBA
-guys having big hearts and being "good" guys that "gave their best"

Here's what WE celebrate:

-national titles
This post was edited on 4/8 5:56 PM by jnewc2

Wow!! And we've had 8 years to celebrate. While that's good, it Sucks when you consider how many years we've been playing & how many years you've been miserable

What I want is for Cal to build an ongoing foundation instead of having to start over every year. Cal has been to 6 final fours. He has won once. Should I post the stats for the other top coaches? He needs to change his idea of team building. If not, we will continue to have the best group of talent every year, and continue to not win a NC.
Yeah, 2012 was such a letdown. Hope we win one some year... OH WAIT!

Calipari.jpg

This post was edited on 4/8 8:08 PM by nssdigitalchumps

Roy Williams had 1 title in his 1st 6 FF4
Rick Pitino had 1 title in his 1st 6 FF4
Tom Izzo has 1 title in his 1st 7 FF4
Coach K had 1 title in his 1st 5 FF4
Denny Crum had 1 title in his 1st 5 FF4
Boeheim has 1 title in 4 FF4

Sometimes it take a few breaks here and there.

Darryl

UCONN and Duke both have 2 titles since Cal has been at UK, so we are the third best program in the nation during his tenure.

Originally posted by dlh331:

Roy Williams had 1 title in his 1st 6 FF4
Rick Pitino had 1 title in his 1st 6 FF4
Tom Izzo has 1 title in his 1st 7 FF4
Coach K had 1 title in his 1st 5 FF4
Denny Crum had 1 title in his 1st 5 FF4
Boeheim has 1 title in 4 FF4

Sometimes it take a few breaks here and there.

Darryl
But...but...but ...you just don't understand what the OP is saying,

Please stop with the facts and logic. You are going to really piss this guy off.

Well that's not how Cal does things, and apparently Duke doesn't either.

Please tell us all of the success you have achieved that causes you to not be satisfied with Cal's success? Lay it out there. Who are YOU? What is your life like? Let's see what you have accomplished to be so critical of someone?

Originally posted by catillac32:
Roy had 2 NCs in his first five years at UNC.
And one title in his first six final fours.

It just goes to show you. Some people will never be happy. First it was "Cal doesn't coach to win a national championship." Now it's "Cal doesn't coach to win more than one national championship." If we had won this year, it would change to "more than two," and so on. There's really no point indulging a fatalist.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by bluefan65:
To only answer the question. Yes he will trumpet our success.
I sure hope he does. Makes no difference in what he says, they are gone. Might as well make the most out of it and use it as a recruiting tool. I will gladly take:

2016 - Final 4
2017 - #9
2018 - NIT
2019 - Runner-up
2020 - Final 4

2021 - rinse and repeat again

Someone's having a tantrum.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN THE NATIONAL TITLE EVERY YEAR.

The winningest program in history has won the national title:

7 percent of the time

Why is this so hard to comprehend?

Please OP, list a coach who you think could "build a foundation" and simultaneously win the title every year. If you're not willing to offer a solution, you're doing nothing but whining like a damn spoiled child.

Everyone is on edge right now. It's understandable. We all wanted to win....expected to win, but it didn't happen. I can't speak for the OP, but I think his post is sort of an indictment on Calipari's coaching philosophy, and coaching acumen. And I think it's a valid topic. Who remembers a team in a final four game going three straight possessions with shot clock violations with under 5 minutes to go? As to the other stuff....obviously none of us want to go back to offering finger painters, and double digit loss seasons, but why is it out of bounds to question Cal's coaching? The Dean Smith comparison is on target, but who canonized that guy? 11 final fours and only 2 gift titles. He was a mediocre bench coach at best. Smith always had a ton of talent. Probably none that walked out carrying a trophy leaving a science fair, but basketball talent. Everyone knows it's difficult to win the tournament, but everyone should go back and look at the roster's Cal has had. His first team might have been the best, and didn't make the F4. This year's team had the most quality depth of any team ever, and he just never figured out how to best utilize it.

Originally posted by J. Shellacque:

Everyone is on edge right now. It's understandable. We all wanted to win....expected to win, but it didn't happen. I can't speak for the OP, but I think his post is sort of an indictment on Calipari's coaching philosophy, and coaching acumen. And I think it's a valid topic. Who remembers a team in a final four game going three straight possessions with shot clock violations with under 5 minutes to go? As to the other stuff....obviously none of us want to go back to offering finger painters, and double digit loss seasons, but why is it out of bounds to question Cal's coaching? The Dean Smith comparison is on target, but who canonized that guy? 11 final fours and only 2 gift titles. He was a mediocre bench coach at best. Smith always had a ton of talent. Probably none that walked out carrying a trophy leaving a science fair, but basketball talent. Everyone knows it's difficult to win the tournament, but everyone should go back and look at the roster's Cal has had. His first team might have been the best, and didn't make the F4. This year's team had the most quality depth of any team ever, and he just never figured out how to best utilize it.
Thanks, that's what I was trying to say. Hopefully they accept your wording better than mine.

Originally posted by catillac32:
UCONN and Duke both have 2 titles since Cal has been at UK, so we are the third best program in the nation during his tenure.
That's nice I wish UK could get some of the fortunate match ups they got.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT