ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do they have games on Th and Saturday? That's pretty dumb. No more than 1 game a week at that age. 1 practice. 1 game.

I agree. Usually, there is either a practice or a game during the week and a game on Saturday.

I complained to the assistant coach last night and she said there is nothing wrong with the kids getting a little extra exercise.

I couldn't really argue with that so I said, "How about us getting a little extra exercise?"

She agreed and we had sex.

She just texted me and said it was a scheduling snafu and we weren't supposed to have practice tonight but we are anyway. Then she told me to pick up some eggs, milk and toilet paper on the way home.

Willy's living his dreams of being an athlete through his daughters. Pretty pathetic but what else do you expect from that guy.

For a soccer player, Wildcat Ava makes a helluva cross country runner.

The lightbulb may have finally gone off last week. Instead of running circles around the field and making faces, she actually kicked the ball and scored a couple of goals.

Hopefully, she has some of Mommy's athletic ability. We shall see.

For my 5-year-old it's practice on Wednesday, domination (and snacks) on Saturday. The whole team has to run laps if at least one kid on the opposing team doesn't cry.

Reactions: MaxPowerrr

Gators, Tigers, one week, two weeks. Who knows WTF I am talking about?

I'm old and I got excited and confused. I'm lucky I didn't poop myself.

We will be down for the Mizzou game.

However, if we beat the Gators, I may drive to Wilder or OTR and kidnap wcc just so I can drive to Lex and throw him in Boat's hot tub.

Reactions: drxman1
Anyone with any inside info if Greveys the only option to catch the game on Saturday with wildcat friends in DC? Would like to stay east of the potomac if possible. TIA GYERO.

Anyone else like to buy a $150.00 pen? I bought 2.
thumb.aspx

Reactions: Mashburned
Then drive up, pussy.

[laughing]

I remember when I had just one kid, and that one kid was a baby who couldn't even crawl, much less walk. That's just a little different than having 3 kids, one of whom has a volleyball game Saturday, another of whom has a birthday party Saturday, while there's a 3rd one will wander off into the woods if you turn your back for 5 seconds.

Sure, I think I'll just "drive up."

I repeat: [laughing]

Oh, to be young and free again.

Conversation with my wife:

"So, you're taking me to the Florida game, right?"

"Yeah, you still want to go, right?"

"Only if you want me to still go."

"I want you to go, yes. We might actually get to run on the field if we win."

"That would be AWESOME! I won't get arrested, will I?"

:clap:

Reactions: DACats86
So is Drew Franklin cuttin' that Chelsea Gates broad, or are they just Twitter best buds? If the former, guy really is living the life

Taking my old man with me for his first "real" UK football game. Sure he's been to half a dozen or so games but he's never got to experience an atmosphere like we're expecting Saturday. Knowing there was no way we could have done this when I was growing up due to funds/farm/overtime it really makes me happy to get to share it with him. What will just be awesome is a few years from now when I get to take him and my boy to his first game. #whywedothis

I could see this causing our country to look like Syria after about 3 months

I don't think it's going to be a straight up 'Dislike' button. Something sympathetic, more like an "Awww, that's too bad" or a "Sorry" button. Like something we would have hit when Richie told us about his dog.

I really want a "Sorry, not Sorry" button.

Draft Kings spent $16.3 million on ads last week. Fan Duel spent $10.8 million during the same time period. No way this doesn't go the way of online poker in the near future. People have to be hemorrhaging money on those sites for them to have that kind of weekly ad budget.

Reactions: GrandePdre
So, who's Texas going to hire to fire Cholly? Because that's what this boils down to.

Did Tomma J and Cholly get along? I always heard their relationship was a little icy.

Draft Kings spent $16.3 million on ads last week. Fan Duel spent $10.8 million during the same time period. No way this doesn't go the way of online poker in the near future. People have to be hemorrhaging money on those sites for them to have that kind of weekly ad budget.
I'm sure some people are getting smoked, but those two companies are the ones hemorrhaging cash right now to try and out advertise each other. I've seen the financial projections of one of those companies, and they have every intention of losing a shit ton of cash in the near term. Like lose up to 9 figures over the next year or so. Huge payouts, huge advertising, etc. Massive losses. Of course the plan long-term is to get as many people on their platform as possible, then crank down the payouts, ramp the entry fees.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them merge down the road ala Zillow/Trulia. So expensive on the marketing side. Success depends on how many unassuming dorks they can turn into raging gamblers. We'll see.

But those guys are losing tons of cash right now.

I'm sure some people are getting smoked, but those two companies are the ones hemorrhaging cash right now to try and out advertise each other. I've seen the financial projections of one of those companies, and they have every intention of losing a shit ton of cash in the near term. Like lose up to 9 figures over the next year or so. Huge payouts, huge advertising, etc. Massive losses. Of course the plan long-term is to get as many people on their platform as possible, then crank down the payouts, ramp the entry fees.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them merge down the road ala Zillow/Trulia. So expensive on the marketing side. Success depends on how many unassuming dorks they can turn into raging gamblers. We'll see.

But those guys are losing tons of cash right now.
So what you are saying is if they went public they would have an outrageous P/E and even more outrageous stock price.

The well run (only one of them, tho) online poker sites just absolutely raked in cash for s few years.

There are some wild stories about the finances and business practices of the not so well run companies. Shew.

Days after FanDuel released its revenue numbers from 2014, rival DraftKings is doing the same and if their numbers are any indication, it paints a rosy picture of the future of daily fantasy sports sites.

DraftKings revealed that it had earned $40 million in revenue in 2014, a sharp increase from its 2013 numbers when it posted a meager-by-comparison $3 million in revenue. DraftKings also announced that it had taken in around $304 million in entry fees from users, another impressive increase from 2013 when it only received $45 million in entry fees.

January 2015 Article

Like you said, once they get everyone addicted and locked in, they should print money. It seems to me that they have arrived at that point. My guess is when they release their numbers for Q4 2015 and Q1 2016 it will be shocking at how much money people have spent on this shit.

Reactions: bradyjames
Did Tomma J and Cholly get along? I always heard their relationship was a little icy.
Yeah, it was, quickly turned bad and only got worst during their 4 yrs together. Turtleneck thought that Cholly was not NEARLY appreciative enough of the man who gave him his 1st job after so long. And just like Bobby (1st version) Cholly spent every single offseason exploring and chasing jobs. Cholly on the flip side thought UL did not treat football with the appropriate reverence and importance like the SEC schools he worked at.

The last year or so they barely could stand to say 1 word to each other face to face

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT