ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of other things I’d like to see change from the Calipari era…

Cat Ballou

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 24, 2007
One of the things that really aggravated me about Cal is how tone-deaf or completely indifferent he could be about things that were important to the fans.

With that in mind, below are a few things I’d like to see changed -

1. One of the things UK fans have always looked forward to and enjoyed arguing about are the team uniforms. The Pitino era was marked by almost yearly uniform changes that were always interesting. Contrast that to the infamous checkerboard uniforms that debuted in around 2016, were universally hated, were cursed, and yet came back year after year after year. It was like Chinese water torture.

I think we wore those uniforms for five interminable years. As a compromise between the Pitino era and Cal era, I’d like to see us go back to more classic uniform styles with a few special uniforms each year.

2. Big Blue Madness used to be mainly an abbreviated Blue-White scrimmage where the team actually ran the offense and played defense. I’ll never forget how exciting it was to see the guys actually play and getting a feel for how good they could be. Cal’s BBMs on the other hand have just been hype and bluster followed by a lame dunk contest and some horseshit scrimmage where the team runs up and down the court for 20 minutes and plays zero defense. I’d like see us go back to what BBM used to be.

3 No more “Pro Day”.

I like the shift of "us vs them" philosophy into "all of us together" I think it is easier to win when you feel as though you have everyone else pushing and pulling you up the hill versus you have to do it by yourself against the world. It's a better more productive ethic that I think will pay dividends.

Number 3 is wild.
Just to clarify, no more televised Pro Day like it is something special. The last few have just been lame.

I know other teams stole the Pro Day idea from Cal and do it now. If they want to continue to do something similar fine, but it shouldn’t be a promoted, televised event.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT